So many people presume i am all about star wars

lee gray

Sith Lord
to be fair I love the action figures and enjoy the movies but thats as far as it goes, yet every year people buy me things that are related to star wars and send me links on fb for anything related to star wars like Christmas lights and pets dresssed up as jedis, and i really cant stand that ****, now someone asked me what i want for my birthday and they said they know i love star wars, i expect they will get me one of those shitty large anakin dolls that look more like bubble bath.

x-pack

Grand Master
Tell me about it! :x

I've had to give it to my family straight - 'I - only - collect - VINTAGE - Star - Wars'. But then you have to explain what vintage Star Wars is. Not easy as most people can't see beyond the Star Wars logo. This all came about because of the amount of modern crap that was amassed in the 90's and is now in storage worth less than it was new :roll: I know we are supposed to be grateful and everything but jeez!

poncho

Grand Master
My dad bless him bought me the dancing jar jar binks from a charity shop because he knows i like starwars! :roll: ..needless to i took it back to the charity shop

Joe

Grand Master
I'm sure people mean well but I have to admit I am also one of those ungrateful bastards that immediately wants to throw most SW related gifts in the bin as soon as I open them :lol:

A couple of years ago I was bought a modern threepio/escape pod figure. I honestly didn't know what to do with it so I eventually opened it and 2 days later I did actually bin it :oops:

Last year I got a talking Yoda keyring thing that was so big it wouldn't even fit in my pocket..(not that I would have ever put it on my bunch of keys anyway) :roll:

This year I was bought a USED modern Vader helmet from a charity shop (it's not even a nice one, it's a cheap plastic half mask with an elastic band that keeps it stuck on your head!) :|

I've also been gifted an LP cover of the Star Wars soundtrack (no actual LP but it was in a frame).. :lol:

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
It is annoying,..but it is the thought that counts. ****ing Pez..........Bendy figures...and crap modern......but at least someone was thinking of me. :D

Lee......so I take it no Kebob gifts this year then. :lol:

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Joe said:
I'm sure people mean well but I have to admit I am also one of those ungrateful bastards that immediately wants to throw most SW related gifts in the bin as soon as I open them :lol:

A couple of years ago I was bought a modern threepio/escape pod figure. I honestly didn't know what to do with it so I eventually opened it and 2 days later I did actually bin it :oops:

Last year I got a talking Yoda keyring thing that was so big it wouldn't even fit in my pocket..(not that I would have ever put it on my bunch of keys anyway) :roll:

This year I was bought a USED modern Vader helmet from a charity shop (it's not even a nice one, it's a cheap plastic half mask with an elastic band that keeps it stuck on your head!) :|

I've also been gifted an LP cover of the Star Wars soundtrack (no actual LP but it was in a frame).. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I don't get any Star Wars related stuff normally, but am equally ungrateful when people buy me things they think I need or like for my Birthday or at Christmas.

Culprits
Keyrings (how many keyrings does a person need???)
Scarfs (I HATE SCARFS!!!!!!!!!!) I NEVER WEAR SCARFS!!!
Fancy Designer toiletries - just not me I like plain simple brands (non perfumed) & NEVER wear after shave
Towels??? Why????
T-Shirts - Always too big and normally some cheap crap
Shoe Polish - ??????????????
Car washing accessories. I never wash my car (life's too short) always go to the local hand car wash
Toffee's - Hate them

Gifts fall into 3 categories

Keep
Charity shop
Bin

PGowdy

Grand Master
Stormtrooper37 said:
Joe said:

:lol: :lol:

I don't get any Star Wars related stuff normally, but am equally ungrateful when people buy me things they think I need or like for my Birthday or at Christmas.

Culprits
Keyrings (how many keyrings does a person need???)
Scarfs (I HATE SCARFS!!!!!!!!!!) I NEVER WEAR SCARFS!!!
Fancy Designer toiletries - just not me I like plain simple brands (non perfumed) & NEVER wear after shave
Towels??? Why????
T-Shirts - Always too big and normally some cheap crap
Shoe Polish - ??????????????
Car washing accessories. I never wash my car (life's too short) always go to the local hand car wash
Toffee's - Hate them

Gifts fall into 3 categories

Keep
Charity shop
Bin

…and a happy new year.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I've told my close family to club together and buy me a nice AFA rated MOC. I don't collect Palitoy stuff so it can't go wrong can it :?: :!: :?

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
I lap up the Star Wars gifts... :mrgreen:

It makes it easier for people who don't know what to buy me, and most of it goes into my collection of odd bits and pieces, probably worth bugger all but I have got some nice mugs, wallets, tins some of it even eventually gets used.

Jediknight3263827

Jedi Master
well this year i will probably get star wars socks ,t shirts ,cheap takky toys ,a onesey :D ,cups ,cufflinks u name it cause no one knows what to buy me and i will probably look like a twat in my onesey but fuk it better than gettin some cheap deodorant set thats what i say :lol:

Joe

Grand Master
I'm not totally heartless, my wife buys me quite a lot of Star Wars related clothing (shirts and stuff) which are usually always really nice (probably because she shows me before she buys them because I'm so picky)

I have two pairs of Star Wars lounge pants that I wear quite a bit around the house - extremely comfy!! :lol:

star-wars-pale-grey-lounge-pants-(page-picture-large).jpg

lee gray

Sith Lord
Some good stuff there guys.

I did like my yoda key light i got ss was fun shining it in the dark for 2 minutes before putting it away.
One gift i get every ****ing year without fail is the guiness book of records, what a waste of money, admittedly its a good read but idont want it every year

plantman

Sith Lord
I dont get many SW items, i have a bobba fett keyring, fett dressing gown but i dont get anything else, im a bit of a closet fan, my immediate family know i collect but nobody really cares.

As for **** presents, we all get our fair share, i either give them to the kids or pass them on as presents for others lol :)

chiffy

Sith Lord
I'm in a similar boat to others already commented. No one knows and you wouldnt know i collect Star Wars stuff unless you really know me. I dont go around talking about it like a nerd 24/7, i never wear memorabilia and i very, very rarely watch any of the films. Only people who come round to my house get to see my man cave and they are gobsmacked which makes me feel really nice inside. They have to sign a pact not to tell anyone tho as i've got a hard man rep! :D

Joe

Grand Master
Ungrateful? You bet! If it's **** it's **** :lol: Some of us are grumpy old men and proud of it! :lol:

627.gif

790068147457640369.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom