Silly Vectis question.....

lejackal

Grand Master
Joe said:
edd_jedi said:
spoons said:
I might do what Joe has done and concentrate on something more affordable for a bit.

Yep, hoover up some prototypes from other lines, create a few Facebook groups to build some artificial hype and you'll be quids in!

I know you didn't mean it to read it that way but the above almost sounds like I'm trying to cash in on my new collecting venture :lol: :lol:

For the record, I have no affiliation with any non SW FB Groups :D
So the rumours about triloghostbusting.net aren't true then? :lol:

spoons

Grand Master
Ha ha - good idea Edd

lejackal said:
Joe said:
edd_jedi said:
Yep, hoover up some prototypes from other lines, create a few Facebook groups to build some artificial hype and you'll be quids in!

I know you didn't mean it to read it that way but the above almost sounds like I'm trying to cash in on my new collecting venture :lol: :lol:

For the record, I have no affiliation with any non SW FB Groups :D
So the rumours about triloghostbusting.net aren't true then? :lol:

I might try and beat Joe to trilogoghostbusting.net :lol:

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
maxf said:
spoons said:
Genuinely shocked at the price of the Meccano Han Hoth - £2.5k with fees

Crazy isn't it?! I expected maybe £1k all in. Some of the Jedi cards werent too bad, but none of the ones I wanted stayed this side of sensible unfortunately.

Pretty astounded myself by those Empire Meccanos what with the bubbles off the cards :eek:

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Namelesswarrior said:
How long does it take them to dispatch the items you won....??? Taking a while...... :roll:

I don't think 3-4 weeks is unusual. At the end of the day I'm sure that you want your items packaged properly along with the other 1000+ items they have to send out over the two day auction.

I think of you ring them they will give you an idea how much longer till they have all of the items out.

Namelesswarrior

Padawan
Mr-shifter said:
Namelesswarrior said:
How long does it take them to dispatch the items you won....??? Taking a while...... :roll:

I don't think 3-4 weeks is unusual. At the end of the day I'm sure that you want your items packaged properly along with the other 1000+ items they have are to send out over the two day auction.

I think of you ring them they will give you an idea how much longer till they have all of the items out.

You have a point, thanks for the reply....

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
It has improved massively, it used to be anywhere from eight to maybe even twelve weeks. Packaging though is (generally) excellent, you can see time and care went in to it, so its worth the wait, despite the frustration of having to wait...

ODB

Jedi Master
What irks me is that they take payment immediately and then you wait several weeks for them to ship it.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
It's quite an old school retail way of working I guess.... 28 day delivery. Or maybe they think of it as a 60 days from reciept of goods type invoice terms but in reverse.
I guess for them, they don't want to spend time and the largest part of their business cost outside of storage and insurance, (I expect) employing staff and buying materials to pack the goods up and then have an issue with payment which in turn is more investment in chasing payment and wasted cost in the goods already being packed and then potentially stored (in a much larger format by that point) while the payment is chased in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom