Should we do this?

Kneon Light

Padawan
Was wondering if we should offer a new service and thought I would ask here for advice.

Basically at various times, when stock runs low etc, we buy bulk lots of vintage star wars from ebay and other auction sites. Often there are loads of bulk lots around and it is pot luck which ones we buy.

I know collectors may only want one of the items in a bulk lot and so may not want to buy the whole lot just for one item. So what I was thinking was that members of this forum could identify bulk lots with an item in that they are interested in, we could then try to win the bulk lot and then we would sell the individual item for a pre-arranged price.

For example if there was a lot of 20 carded figures and a member of the forum was interested in one of them for say £20 we could try and win that lot of figures and then sell the one figure to the forum member for the pre-arranged £20.

NO money would change hands until I had won the bulk lot and received the items and I would make no guarantees that I would win the bulk lot - I would simply try.

We are not trying to sell anything we do not own, I just thought it would enable members to identify an item they may want from a bulk lot without having to buy it all and it would enable us to identify which bulk lots are worth buying and make a small return on our outlay fairly quickly.

This offer would only be open to members of this forum and only if people think it is a good idea.

Let me know what you think.

spoons

Grand Master
I think it would be a good idea - there's a few bulk lots I've passed on before due to total cost :)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Not a bad idea at all. The only problem I see is if someone is very keen to get one particular item, but doesn't want the rest. I guess to avoid bidding against each other you and they can agree what their upper limit for the item would be and once the value of the lot goes above that (plus the value of the other items) you know it's not worth bidding any more.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom