Should have and should not have bothered.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
i am glad they made them all.if they didnt make say fx-7 you will only say they shouldnt have made the next shitty figure

IMTech

Padawan
At the time I always wanted a Rebel Trooper and more Imperials in the Star Wars line - but along came ESB and I loved the Hoth, AT-AT and Tie Fighter Stormies.

Most of you will probably of come across this guy Eirk's site: -

http://www.erikstormtrooper.com/customs.htm

He has done some cool customising of vintage (and modern) figures to show how they might of looked like if produced at the time, these are two of my favorites Rebel Trooper and Tarkin: -

Also I might have a go at producing the Palitoy Death Star from the scans he has on the site - I always wanted it as a kid but I could never find one.

Rubish figures are easy though - I could of done without every single Ewok ever, ever produced, and come to think of it all of them being edited out of ROTJ altogether!

Back in the day I hated spending money on them, and I still do today. They really spoiled the trilogy, and were only there as a cynical attempt by Lucas to cash in on younger audiances (and to provide work to struggling dwarf actors).

I can't blame him though - I was growing out of Star Wars by the time ROTJ came about (my original collection only went up to 65), but if I wanted to collect teddy bears I would be posting on the 'Teddy Bears and Friends' forum instead.

http://www.teddybearandfriends.com/forum/index.php?act=idx (just incase anyone is interested).

sith-smith

Grand Master
Nick Mcarthy on RS does roabbly the best customs around.

I would have prefered the ewoks not being in the movie, but didn't mind as a kid.

I seem to remember at the time wanting more ewoks :oops:

spoons

Grand Master
jabbawokkie said:
i am glad they made them all.if they didnt make say fx-7 you will only say they shouldnt have made the next shitty figure

the most sensible thing you've ever posted Jabba - I agree 100% :lol:

and Mash the Ugnaught is one of my favourite figures, never quite understood why he had a hand bag though :?:

mash

Sith Lord
and Mash the Ugnaught is one of my favourite figures,

im sorry to hear that spoons!! :lol:

the playability of say ugnaught with the hand bag and FX7 is very limited now if they had guns or some kind of weapon i would not have minded so much.

same goes for anakin and imp dignitary a lightsabre and a staff of some sort would have been good.

i still have them in my collection so they are not that bad really :lol: :lol:
mash

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
IMTech said:
and were only there as a cynical attempt by Lucas to cash in on younger audiances (and to provide work to struggling dwarf actors).

I can't blame him though - I was growing out of Star Wars by the time ROTJ came about (my original collection only went up to 65), but if I wanted to collect teddy bears I would be posting on the 'Teddy Bears and Friends' forum instead.

http://www.teddybearandfriends.com/forum/index.php?act=idx (just incase anyone is interested).

Struggling Dwarf actors :lol:

"teddybearsandfriends" :lol: :oops: :? :shock:

I don't know whether to laugh or be embarrassed that you knew that site existed!

sith-smith

Grand Master
weasel said:
IMTech said:
and were only there as a cynical attempt by Lucas to cash in on younger audiances (and to provide work to struggling dwarf actors).

I don't know whether to laugh or be embarrassed that you knew that site existed!

Is that not where you go to meet potential girlfriends? :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
sith-smith said:
weasel said:
IMTech said:

Is that not where you go to meet potential girlfriends? :lol:

Nah much easier if you just stand outside schools and offer them sweets! :lol:

Ohh and IMTech, Google search, dead on! Something you wanna tell us? :wink:

Bespin_Doyle

Padawan
85LineExt01TOC.jpg

Found this looking through SWCA. Its the possible range of stuff for 85/86, to keep the kenner range alive. Alot of vehicles got recycled for droids, ewoks, or actually made it to POTF. Tarkin is in there, can't believe how close this got to materializing. Clone Warrior sounds interesting.

Imperial Sentry Droid is a Black R4 astromech like the one on the Death Star in ROTJ. Hasbro only released this last year.
The Imperial Attack droids were (like Mongo beefhead) kit bash jobs of existing vintage figures. 4-LOM, FX7, Astromechs. Looks bloody rubbish.

85LineExt36ATIC.jpg

AT-IC

85LineExt31CargoHandler.jpg

Cargo Handler

Original Article:
http://theswca.com/images-speci/85LineExt/index.html

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
The rebel blockade runner would have been good - about the size of the rebel transport would have looked the business 8) Why didn't they try a death star trench playset with turbo laser position? I suppose it would have to be 6ft across to be semi-realistic though! :roll:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom