Should Han Duo be banned from the forum?

Should Han Duo be banned from the forum ?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 89.7%
  • No.

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Grand Master
jayjedi said:
just seems a bit more serious nowdays and has drifted away from what was great :cry:

I wasn't here from the beginning so I can't compare although I am not sure what you mean with your post Jay? Surely if you enjoy a forum with just five blokes you know you can make another?

I think there is a great community here that has grown far beyond a few blokes having a giggle on a forum. I think that is due some credit and this place should be regulated and free from troublesome people, the off topic and banter is still there but the serious side is great as well, info threads and knowledgeable posts are needed not just on RS.

Maybe I am not best qualified to say if it is better now or when it started, but as a member for a year I can say I enjoy being a part of this forum as it is now.

That aside, the Han issue needs to be sorted out , if he keeps signing up and trolling the forum as some kind of revenge then surely that's a reason we have admins.

Seriously if he is sad enough to do that in his spare time just to piss a few people off that don't like him for HIS mistakes and attitude then more fool him.

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
I remember the incident last year and the threads regarding it on here and on RS. Pretty low stuff. Sorry to hear about your loss James. My vote has been cast.

jayjedi

Sith Lord
whiteskinnydroid said:
jayjedi said:
I am not sure what you mean with your post Jay? Surely if you enjoy a forum with just five blokes you know you can make another?

nice attitude wsd :roll: i guess this is what i meant with this issue causing rifts between members who have no probs with each other :(

Joe

Grand Master
Well if you meant with relation to Han and all this stuff that's happened then I agree, but it read like you weren't happy with the general state of the forum Jay that's all. (in the fact that its not just the guys from the start posting etc)

Joe

Grand Master
I just want to enjoy the forum without planks ripping people off :lol: - with that I am done posting I think, if the vote ends and Han isn't ejected I will get my coat Lol

jayjedi

Sith Lord
no one wants you to leave wsd, and if you dont come on again because of han that would be a shame joe . i just meant its a shame this site has come to this, after all it should be a fun hobby, something we do for pleasure when we are not at work ok :)

Joe

Grand Master
jayjedi said:
i just meant its a shame this site has come to this, after all it should be a fun hobby, something we do for pleasure

100% Agree and sorry for earlier Jay, let's hope for better times ahead!

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
jayjedi said:
no one wants you to leave wsd, and if you dont come on again because of han that would be a shame joe . i just meant its a shame this site has come to this, after all it should be a fun hobby, something we do for pleasure when we are not at work ok :)

Well said Jay

Nobody wants to have this **** going on.

I like all of you im sure wanna get on chatting SW and have a laugh.

Ultimately the vote has been pretty decisive and the fact that so many people participated is a positive point for SWF. A lot of us buy sell and trade with each other all the time. Trust and respect are earned by been decent with your fellow collectors. We all live in completely different ways but in the end we all have a common bond.

So don't be going anywhere Joe! you have been guilty of disappearing once before and nobody wants to see that happen bud 8)

Jay

Josh

Sith Lord
What we need on here is moderators who have the time and give a ****! This episode shouldn't still be going on NOW, it should have been sorted weeks ago and we all could have moved on way back when.
I know you guys, the mods, like to do as little as possible around here and so you should have too. But when **** goes down like this crap I think you guys need to step up to the plate a little sooner and take your "mates hat" off and put on your moderator one.
I like this site also ALOT and all its members, but sometimes.........it's ****ing embarrasing to be a part of to be honest :(

plantman

Sith Lord
Can we just get on with the inevitable and ban him, its dragging for no reason and scammers shouldnt be tolerated at any level.

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Josh said:
What we need on here is moderators who have the time and give a ****! This episode shouldn't still be going on NOW, it should have been sorted weeks ago and we all could have moved on way back when.
I know you guys, the mods, like to do as little as possible around here and so you should have too. But when **** goes down like this crap I think you guys need to step up to the plate a little sooner and take your "mates hat" off and put on your moderator one.
I like this site also ALOT and all its members, but sometimes.........it's ****ing embarrasing to be a part of to be honest :(

plantman said:
Can we just get on with the inevitable and ban him, its dragging for no reason and scammers shouldnt be tolerated at any level.

I agree that scammers should never be tolerated or accepted without consequence.

SWF is a fantastic place to buy sell and trade and this black mark needs to be put behind us.

In the end the result is a positive result for the forum in the fact that so many lads (even if they all didn't post on the thread) cast their vote.

The vote is as conclusive as they come so im sure its all been dealt with guys lets try and stay calm and give Edd the chance to review everything and come to a decision.

Jay

Bollux

Grand Master
There is no need to start a slanging match between members, I think the vote speaks for itself, lets not start "well something should have been done sooner" or "those mods need to do more" rant as to be honest we have never had to do much in the past as it always been so light hearted on here. Unfortunately one of Hans dodgy auctions has affected a member here and quite rightly something is now being done about it.

I shall leave it up to Edd to actually ban him but if not then I shall for the good of the majority of the members on here. Its turning into a diet RS and I for one dont want that to happen so if it takes a cull then so be it.

Josh

Sith Lord
Bollux said:
There is no need to start a slanging match between members, I think the vote speaks for itself, lets not start "well something should have been done sooner" or "those mods need to do more" rant as to be honest we have never had to do much in the past as it always been so light hearted on here. Unfortunately one of Hans dodgy auctions has affected a member here and quite rightly something is now being done about it.

I shall leave it up to Edd to actually ban him but if not then I shall for the good of the majority of the members on here. Its turning into a diet RS and I for one dont want that to happen so if it takes a cull then so be it.

Sorry Boll's that wasn't my intention :( I was sort of meaning......lets hope the mods may act sooner in future sort of thing :)
I will say though it shouldn't matter if he affected a member on here or not, if there is a scammer on here they should be ****ed off period... or maybe I just read that wrong :?
Nuff said on this by me I promise :)

Bollux

Grand Master
I agree mate that it shouldnt matter if the person scammed was a member on here or not, BUT in the past it was kind of easier to ignore the problem because the forum was such a close knit of people. Dont think I am harking back to the "glory days" because I think the forum is better for more members.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I was away for the weekend as well. Although, obviously NOT with Bollux!
I missed all this (Just like I missed the original incident. Why do these things always happen when I'm away?).

I need to read Han's comments in the other thread, but it sounds like it's a fait accompli!

Josh

Sith Lord
weasel said:

What......... you two get on like a house on fire, you reckon we believe that ;)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Just seen the results (you can't see them before you vote). That's quite ehh......clear cut! :shock:

For the record.

I missed the original incident so I wasn't one of the people who stuck their neck out for Han. Had I been then I'm sure my attitude would have changed. I've been a member on here for god knows how long, and as Jay and Bollux have said 'back in the old days' when it was smaller/more close knit it was a great laugh (it still is, especially with all the new members) but everyone knew everyone and there where no problems. The fact that something like this has happened is a dam shame.
Han I wuold have given you the benefit of the doubt after your inital promise to amend your listings, but the fact that they were allowed to run and by the sounds of it you still haven't squared up some of the people who you misled (he says choosing a diplomatic wording) is not on.
I can see the reasons for your comments in the other thread, it did get a bit too personal, (people have strong feelings about this, and I understand that) but all it would take to rectify it was an apology and a genuine effort to settle up with those you misled. That effort hasn't been made, so your not leaving me with any choice.

It's a shame as I did think you were a decent bloke, and a good laugh, but since this has all kicked off you've changed in my estimations. Yes, I could take the "he never scammed me" attitude, but I've never really been one to dodge things like that.

So I'm sorry, but my vote is cast.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Josh said:
weasel said:

What......... you two get on like a house on fire, you reckon we believe that ;)

Well, I was in Bristil getting drunk with mates from Uni.

(I hope to god Bollux isn't gonna chime in and say he was in Bristol too! :? )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom