Scammers on Ebay Info

aussiejames

Sith Lord
At the end of the day I lost maybe $50. He made $1000s. I think there was over 100 resealed items. I've learned a lot since then and thankfully really only had a few bad deals out of a few hundred. It's a small world- kinda amusing to track him down. I'll be the first to admit I'm no angel, but I have NEVER ripped anyone off :)

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Ron said:
aussiejames said:
I thought of doing this by PM but **** it. Nearly a year ago I bought 24 reseals( I know stupid me) but they were pretty cheap. I got only 23 in poor shape, repro weapons everywhere, bubbles fallen off and not as described!! Seller's response: I've stopped collecting & am shutting down my paypal & ebay accounts. NOT Happy but then " I will send you paploo figure instead, it will be with you shortly." Months go by, random people contact me asking why I left positive feedback :shock: There were threads of people complaining all over the world :x I wait & wait. Send another email - response was crazy, ending with if I said I'd send it I will. Well guess what Gemma Hawkins/Clint Robinson/Han Duo your word is **** :roll: Maybe I'm picking a fight with a well respected forum member, I don't care. He/she scammed me and I have the emails to prove it :evil:

He is not a well respected member of the forum. Just a member

As Ron said he is just a member and not well respected for what he did. He said he would change his listing but he never came good on his word a lot of them were just outright fraud imo. When he came back on the boards a few months after his scam he got a ton of **** for it there was a big thread that proved he knew exactly what he was doing all along but another member changed everyones posts in jest but it lost the thread record.

As joe said he is not short of a bob or 2 as he seems to come back to tell us about his new cars and holidays etc so he obviously could have done the right thing by you but is choosing not to. If he pops back you should call him out on it James I certainly would.

Joe

Grand Master
I don't even think the amount you claim to be owed is important, regardless of the fact that he sold a load of old shite and people bought it, it's the fact that either his items didn't arrive to you (you said you were missing 1) or that they were not as described ( as many people probably found ) and to make matters worse his way of compensating you was probably to say he was sending you something that in all reality he probably didn't.

If its $50 or $5000 the principle is still the same, he plain scammed people with his auctions, many of the people were probably too lazy to say something or just that new to the hobby that they didn't even realise.

It is a shame that people stick up for him really, like him or not personally he still ****ed loads of people over and for the most part got away with it.

When the auctions didn't get edited as promised most people binned any respect they had for the guy.

Han, if you are reading (which you probably will do at some point) do the right thing for once.

plantman

Sith Lord
I only caught the back end of this but i agree..that the right thing should be done here, i dont agree with it at all.

Tank1252

Jedi Master
Really? This amazes me. :( Scamming people (whether they're members or not), & then even posting that he's swanning around in Thailand or wherever.
Do we need people like that using these forums? I'd ban him if he doesn't sort this out, but hey, not my decision to make.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Thanks for the support guys :) I wonder if he is back from holiday yet? I could call the airport and warn them of an incoming drug mule. A cavity search would be a great welcome home :lol: I feel a bit stupid because not that long ago I thought reseals might be a good display technique :roll: :oops: Anyway I've learnt my lesson and you all know what kind of individual he is already. EDIT he has got back to me with various reasons for the "hiccup" and will attempt to make good on the deal when he is home :)

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Han....used to be a amusing fixture around here...but Selling reseals (And poor ones at that) to someone believing they are original sealed is bullshit. I dont think he made 1000's but I have come to realize he was scamming several individuals. I feel bad myself as I supplied Han with several templates for re-carding and resealing. You will never get your money back...nor will you get a meaningful response back from him.

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
Han....used to be a amusing fixture around here...but Selling reseals (And poor ones at that) to someone believing they are original sealed is bullshit. I dont think he made 1000's but I have come to realize he was scamming several individuals. I feel bad myself as I supplied Han with several templates for re-carding and resealing. You will never get your money back...nor will you get a meaningful response back from him.

Its said to hear Todd that you believe he wont come good as i know you were in his circle of friends etc and originally tried to stick up for him on here and RS.

I remember his ebay i.d been goofbayed after the sales and he made a very tidy sum and it was in the thousands. Many of those listings sold for factory sealed prices especially the ones that were blatantly lying. I remember me Joe and some others been shocked at what some of them went for.

It wasn't just James who was burned by him a number of buyers posted on the RS threads regarding been ripped off.

He went off the radar for a good few months after his scam before coming back on the forum it led to a pretty big kick off and an 8 page thread regarding his antic's. He attitude was appalling and spoons caught him out big time with some earlier threads where he was actually slagging ebayers off for the very scam he ended up pulling.

He has went a one step further in the way he ripped you off then took the piss out of you James its a ****ing shame because i feel SWF is a safer place to do business than RS imo and you will never find a better bunch of genuine collectors.

If he doesn't come good with James they he should be banned from the forum full stop and i am pretty sure from chatting that many others feel that way.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
I did buy them knowing they were reseals, but they were described as looking as good as MOCs. Figures were touched up, repro weapons galore, and I was actually short changed a carded figure. We arranged a suitable arrangement back then, 2 months after that nothing came through and when I questioned him his reply was crazy. I believe he mixed me up with the dozen other people that probably complained. My main bitch was he assured me that he would sort it and never did. He has said this will now be fixed (a year latter). Quite frankly I've learnt my lesson. He is pissed off I referred to him as a liar and a scammer so I won't stir anymore. As they say, there are 3 sides to a story, my side, his side and the truth. But as I said before, the proof is in the emails. He knows, what he chooses to do about it will happen in a few more months. Cheers :)

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
aussiejames said:
I did buy them knowing they were reseals, but they were described as looking as good as MOCs. Figures were touched up, repro weapons galore, and I was actually short changed a carded figure. We arranged a suitable arrangement back then, 2 months after that nothing came through and when I questioned him his reply was crazy. I believe he mixed me up with the dozen other people that probably complained. My main bitch was he assured me that he would sort it and never did. He has said this will now be fixed (a year latter). Quite frankly I've learnt my lesson. He is pissed off I referred to him as a liar and a scammer so I won't stir anymore. As they say, there are 3 sides to a story, my side, his side and the truth. But as I said before, the proof is in the emails. He knows, what he chooses to do about it will happen in a few more months. Cheers :)

Not that I agree with what he did, but If you bought these knowing they were reseals...then you should have considered the figures may have not been 100% pristine and that the weapons may not be 100% original. Sounds like he said look as good as MOC and that is subject to the resealers own opinion, just like the C-scale. Still sorry to hear Han has not tried to meet you halfway on this deal, as he forgot a figure.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
slim said:
who is this guy ? is he a member here ??

:|

The whole incident kicked off about a year ago, start of July 2008 I remember that cos I was on holiday. Have a look through the old threads and you'll find it.

slim

Sith Lord
cheers weasel m8 i will look for them , han if you read this please send this dude his figure and put this whole mess to bed once and for all :wink: :mrgreen:

slim

Bollux

Grand Master
In the old days Han was a top bloke and always up for a laugh!

But! He took the piss with those scam listings, I try not to have anything to do with him!

Glad you found him James!

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
He wont have banked on any of his buyers who were ripped off (specifically the way you were i.e not sending an item out then stringing you along with lies) finding this forum im glad you did as well James and not just for this reason its also good to get more sound collectors like yourself on board 8)

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Well, it's been nearly 2 weeks and surprise I haven't heard from him :roll: Han send Jay some reproduction weapons and I'll forget all about you. That's about the fairest deal you will ever get. No one else will ever ****ing deal with you.

spoons

Grand Master
Just found this thread :shock:

Bad luck James, I always wondered why he got such good feedback after those sales so thanks for clearing it up.

I think with the kick Han out poll thats running, it's unlikely he's going to settle up with you

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom