Ryaller's piddley collection *Updated*

Ryaller

Padawan
Here's my loose collection so far. Lots of gaps, lots I'm not happy with. The cabinet isn't ideal - I'm trying to persuade Mrs. Ryaller that we need one of those Ikea cd cases.

DSC01690.jpg

DSC01691.jpg

DSC01686.jpg

gustie

Sith Lord
thats a nice start

loads of minty looking figures

besides the barada being a bit faded what else are you not happy with?

also that madine looks interesting - has a different shaped head to all of mine!

burnsy

Sith Lord
Nice collection Ryaller, I love the fact we have to sweet talk the missus for a decent cabinet.

I need a trip to Ikea to get a new cabinet. Dreading Ikea though

Ryaller

Padawan
Just think of the meatballs Burnsy!
gustie said:
thats a nice start

loads of minty looking figures

besides the barada being a bit faded what else are you not happy with?

also that madine looks interesting - has a different shaped head to all of mine!

God, what am I not happy with - where do I start? I still need a few loose weapons (Obi-Wan sabre, force pike for Barada, Jawa blaster, Pruneface and Ree Yees rifles - just bought Ackbar's staff tonight, so that's one down). Also, "I bent my wookie", my Chewie's in rag order. Need a new one. Artoo is in shite too. I've noticed nice minty R2's and R5's go for silly money if the sticker's are any way decent. My Weequay cape is torn. At some stage way down the line I'm going to replace the cape on blue sabre Jedi Luke with a snap one if I can get one. Also might try and pick up the variant mould (not going to get into variants though!). My Leia is in shite too, no gun, no cape and duuurty! Watching an auction ending tomorrow for her so that might work out.

Gaps that I can recall are:
R2-D2 (solid top)
C-3PO (fixed limbs)
Tusken Raider
Greedo
R5-D4
Death Star Droid (again, very difficult to come by in good condition)
Boba Fett (ditto)
Leia (Bespin)
Leia (Hoth)
Cloud Car Pilot (I'm finding this guy very difficult due to the massive quantities of repro accessories)
Biker Scout
At-St Driver
B-Wing Pilot
Rancor Keeper
and most of last 17.

I should be able to pick up a few of the more common ones (Anakin, Dignitary) for a reasonable price, but I'm willing to wait for the rest - global recession and all, I'm more concerned with keeping my job than paying over the odds for an Imperial Gunner with perfect arm insignias and an original vintage gun!

Also, not pictured is a complete rebo band (two-tone Max Rebo) and nice Jabba complete, but they're on the next shelf with modern figures :oops:

01AB

Jedi Knight
Nice collection, if you'd posted your wish list a couple of days ago I could have offered you a fair few of your wanted figures but I've listed them on ebay now (in specific lots)...
ooooohhhh well. :D

Ryaller

Padawan
I know, I'm watching them!
I have to go out on Sunday night when your auctions are finishing so I probably won't win any, but I'm going to bid on a few.
Thanks anyway.

A

Anonymous

I went for two Bertby cabinets - hung them together to look like this!
berby.jpg

Trouble is you only get 9 shelves with each unit. If you measure it out you can get 11 shelves in each unit at just the right height for the figures and with 6 figures on each shelf (7 with the Jawas and Yodas).

So I went back and said there were no shelves in the box (naughty and may God strike me down) so they gave me 9 more shelves. For the lugs and clips you can order these by the Ikea website :mrgreen:

Leaves me with a bit of space for any other stuff to put in like the modern Death Star meeting room figures which I think are pretty good. and some new astromechs.

spoons

Grand Master
that's a great start Ryaller - and be sure to get a Bertby, they're the cheapest good shelves out there

Ryaller

Padawan
Some long overdue new photos of my collection. I just finished making the perspex risers and I'm happy with how they turned out. In the end, Mrs. Ryaller turned her nose up at the Bertby, so I had to go for this one. It's not ideal, and there's a pretty significant gap between the frame and the glass door so dust builds up. Not complete obviously, but I'm slowly filling the gaps.

DSC02439.jpg

DSC02432.jpg

DSC02435.jpg

DSC02436.jpg

DSC02437.jpg

DSC02438.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom