Robstyleys collection

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I received the last loose figure I needed to complete my set today - Romba. I still need a few accessories but figure wise it's at last finished. It's taken a long time but I've really enjoyed it . It's prob not a big deal to some people, a loose set, but it's the reason I started collecting and always been my favourite part of my collection :D

C8D34B4F-3BB8-4165-93E6-5C868B089895.jpeg

845FB2BE-4E23-40EA-8AA5-7061426BB24A.jpeg

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Well done Rob, your loose collection looks great. Should be fun getting the remaining weapons and other bits.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Nice one Rob and it is a big deal 😎😎😎

I for sure am on the full set mission and taking my time and enjoying every pick up, again nice one, they look great 👍👍👍

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Fantastic! I love a loose set when they're displayed well, and those look really good. Congratulations, it's a great achievement!

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
That loose set looks fantastic, displayed especially well. That's what it's all about, it's what you want for your collection ( in your case a loose set) and the thrill of the hunt, the patience and the trawling ebay, trading and buying until you get there, fantastic feeling of achievement, congratulations 8)

Cardback addiction is a slippery slope bud, as you say there are so many, but again it's collecting for you that counts.

Agree the acrylic takes Mocs to another level 8)

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Palitoy cardbacks coming on nicely now, always on the lookout for any more different ones. Keen to find a Kenner 48 back Nien Numb offer with white palitoy sticker in nice condition and a Palitoy 65 back transition card with Jedi front and Trilogo rear. 12A, 20, 30A, 41B, 41A, 45A, 45B German, 45B, 45C, 48C Palitoy sticker, 48D Palitoy sticker, 65A, 65D and 70B.

33EC1A6D-5F6C-4110-B8A9-46DC94190257.jpeg

48B7902D-3BDF-400A-963C-178352936466.jpeg

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I've been looking for a solution to not being able to see a lot of my MOC's in my display. The problem being the shelves not fitting the size of the star or acrylic cases. So after some measuring, careful hole drilling and star case trimming I've managed to get the shelves the right distance apart to add two more. I'm chuffed with this and happy with where I'm at display wise now, I only have limited space. I have 33 MOC's and can see 28 of them, double what I could before. Currently only Ben, R5D4, Gam, Nikto and Weequay aren't visible. I can always switch it around a bit. I'm going to talk in a bit more depth about my collection as well, if this doesn't interest you.. scroll on. Thought it might interest some. It's a humble collection, nothing flash or expensive but it's personal to me.

Most of the MOC's I've collected over the years have been the figures I had as a kid, and some current favourites. The only ones really missing from the lineup would be Luke Farmboy, Han Hoth, Boba Fett and Luke Jedi but with prices now I'm unlikely to be adding a Farmboy or Fett anytime soon (I may attempt some kind of reseal on those in the future). They are mostly offerless Kenner 65 and 77 backs with a few Palitoys in there, a Canadian Leia poncho and a couple of Empire ones. They are all in very nice clean condition. Behind the MOC's is my Palitoy cardback collection and a set of Saga collection figures from 2006 (only original trilogy characters, no prequel).

IMG_1677.JPG

IMG_1678.JPG

IMG_1680.JPG

The rest of my cabinet is a mixed bag of things I've picked up over the last 10 years or so. Again many are significant to my childhood and others just because I like them, saw them and thought they were cool.
Top shelf - large Jawa, Rancor, Eagle eyes Action Man, MOC Bib, Jabba playset, Humungus metal face, mail away Admiral Ackbar, R2, diecast Landspeeder, Palitoy Landspeeder, extreme beater legless Stormtrooper, Max Rebo band, homemade Han & Chewie speeder.
Middle shelf - Darth Tie Fighter, Stormtroopers, Slave 1, Boba Fett, extreme beater Boba Fett.
Bottom shelf - childhood Snowspeeder, childhood X-Wing, childhood Wampa, childhood Taun Taun, childhood Scout Walker, wild find (bootsale) large R2, wildfind (charity shop) Taun Taun, wildfind (charity shop) Landspeeder.

IMG_1681.JPG

Top shelf - MOC B-Wing pilot, Kenner cardback collection, diecast Darth Tie Fighter cardback, MIB Speeder Bike, MIB TLC, MIB VME, MIB Scout Walker, series 1 trading cards, ROTJ stickers, Kenner toy catalogues, childhood Speeder Bike, MIB RLC, ROTJ Japanese Kodak cup, Celebration Rebel Alliance ring, Power Droid, mail away Emperor.
Middle shelf - Novelty figures (Stu Skinner raffle), erasers/stationary (forum secret Santa), Lego Chewie (gift from kids), SW tin (gift from Mum), R2 pin (gift from mate), Y-Wing, POTF2 Han & Leia (our wedding cake figures), Optimus Prime.
Bottom shelf - Black series Sandtrooper, Black series Boba Fett, Tie Fighter, various modern figures.

IMG_1682.JPG

I've not bought that much for some time, except finishing off my loose set and collecting Palitoy cardbacks. I've got to a point where I'm pretty happy with my lot. Have been selling a lot over the last couple of years. Some of my vintage MOC's and nearly all my modern items. I realised that I've got no desire to have all this stuff hanging around, sitting in boxes. And that I wanted everything I do have to be part of my collection, as in in my cabinet. So that's what I've done. All the rest is for sale or sold. It's very satisfying and has given me a nice small revenue stream.

Kind of hanging up my collecting boots you might say. I'm not selling up at all, still love my collection and my displays. And still love the Forum and being a Star Wars fan. It's just after more than 10 years I've collected what I want and have lost the bug a little bit. I'll still tweak it every now and then and buy and sell a few bits but I feel like I need change. It's a great pleasure to know all you guys on here and I look forward to the future and enjoying looking at and discussing all your buys and collections. All the best comrades, have a lovely Christmas. MTFBWY :)

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Awesome update, Andy. Excellent work on the display- as you say, there's no great enjoyment to be had from everything just being stored in boxes. It looks superb and great that you've managed to make most of your pieces visible. Great to know you'll still be hanging around, despite pretty much finishing your collection. Have a great Christmas! MTFBWY & COYI!

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Cheers Andy, yeah I'm not going anywhere. Still a Star Wars nut and visiting the forum everyday. And happy with my collection. Just don't feel the need to keep buying like I used to. Exploring my fandom in other ways :wink:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Lovely collection Robstyley and good to know your sticking around. Although I can't see myself not collecting any more I do feel different at the moment about collecting and can't see myself buying any MOC for a while. But on the flip side I've started finishing all my boxed items which I really thought I would never get around to. My focus is also on getting it all displayed and I kind of feel I shouldn't add anything until I've done that. Merry Christmas and all the best for 2021.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Cheers Adam. That's the thing, there's always ways to enjoy your collection and tinker with things and displays without necessarily buying lots. Glad you're enjoying completing the boxed stuff finding the various bits, nice one 👍

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Opinions on display. I've just spent a couple of hours rearranging my cabinet whilst watching Beastmaster, as you do. I thought that although it was great having more MOCs on display, it looked unbalanced with all the MOCs in the top half (as in the earlier post) and would look better with them between the other stuff. There are compromises - Scout Walker and Action Man can't stand up, but I can live with it. I still think it looks better. What d'ya think? First world problems eh? :D

24B950AF-ABED-48FF-83E2-565C0FB9038E.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom