Returning an item

Droopy

Padawan
Hi all,

I just bought the following items from eBay and despite the description that they are all original both sabers and the blaster are reproduction.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/301920432480

I contacted the seller to let them know and was told that they are 100% original as float tested. The sabers both sink, the princess blaster floats but has loads of excess flashing so clearly repro. The seller has already suggested that I have swapped the original weapons and am trying to send back repros and will only give me a refund if the weapons returned are the same ones!!

I just wanted to know whether anyone has had a similar experience and what can I do if they turn around and say ice sent back different weapons and won't give a refund?

Bloody eBay, I only bought them for the princess blaster.....guess I should have known better!!

Cheers all

Droopy

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Give him a chance to confirm he won't do a refund so ebay can see it in your messages, then open a case. Be polite and don't threaten him with a neg or anything like that, it does no good.

Insist on a refund and you'll probably have to talk to ebay at some point as he'll say you can't have one, but they'll side with you for a refund almost every time. Take pics of what he sent you, they can be matched against the photos of those in the listing and to TIG etc.

Make sure you send it back tracked and signed for. You' should get buyer protection, but he'll probably get seller protection as he might keep trying to convince them you've switched them.

Scumbag probably knew exactly what he was doing so deserves a neg, but don't think you can leave him one after a case has been opened.

Good luck!

Hey droopy, sad that this has happened for you. Dont suck it up mate, if youve been had, you have every right to a refund. Ive been watching the items listed from this seller over the last few weeks, and something dosn't sit right. She/he has had lots of figures for sale, some very nice items and a couple of DT LFB too :shock: however quite a few items that Ive had bids on or have been watching have been pulled, I assume they received better offers to sell off the bay,nothing wrong with that, but bloody frustrating if your bidding. I say take loads of photos, and get advice from Ebay (they usually side with the buyer) and keep records of conversations, registered postage ect. Best of luck mate and keep us posted.

Markzane

Padawan
I've had similar happen to me- seems to be happening more and more lately- I've had threats of violence, everything just over bits of plastic.
If it looks like they are going to say you swapped them then I wouldn't return them- if they haven't sent you a postage label just leave it for now- eBay will give them a short time period to respond, if they haven't by the end of this, you ask them to step in and the will almost certainly refund you.
The seller may ask for them back- you can send them if you want ain't for postage, but you will have he money already.

Cheers

Mark

Droopy

Padawan
Thanks guys. I emailed the seller first and he started to insinuate that I had swapped the weapons as "the ones he sent with the figures were 100% genuine". When I explained that I had done a proper float test and about the flashing on the blaster he said "send them back and if I'm right he'll refund but he's taken loads of pics so if they aren't the same weapons "we'll have a problem"

So I submitted a return request through eBay with a pic of the sabers at the bottom of a glass of water and a close up of the blaster and he has accepted it so I'm waiting for a return label. I'm still worried that I'll return them and he'll just say they aren't the same and refuse a refund. Can I demand a refund before returning the items?

If I'd have got it for an absolute steal then i wouldn't be so annoyed but as you can see I think I probably paid a fair price given the condition of Leia.

Lesson learned, stick to the forum!!

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Don't think you can get the refund before returning the items. The very fact he's talking to you means he 100% knew what he was selling was repro and was hoping you wouldn't get wise to it.

If they were real, surely that's a bargain price isn't it? The Leia blaster alone goes for £25 or so. What's going on with her hands btw? Unpainted or just really faded? They should be flesh coloured :D

Markzane

Padawan
You can ask for a refund before returning but it's voluntary for the seller and they probably wouldn't pay postage.
If you haven't been sent a return label yet and you look at the emails eBay have sent you it should say you can ask them to 'step into help ' after a certain date. If you do this and say you've been sold repro items and sent no postage label eBay should refund you.

Cheers

Mark

Droopy

Padawan
Thanks again for the advice chaps, I'll wait to see if I get a label and then I'll open a case if not! I think a lot of reproduction will float nowadays, if not fully submerged, and unscrupulous sellers that know this and say that weapons are 100% genuine as they've been float tested.....its bullshit!!

Jedisearcher - the condition of the Leia is very poor, a beater really so not much value. I did wonder if it was some kind of pale hand variant but alas the paint is just very worn. So I though £25 for the blaster alone and £15 each for Vader and Ben (pre TFA prices perhaps) was about right, no?

Palifan

Sith Lord
So I submitted a return request through eBay with a pic of the sabers at the bottom of a glass of water and a close up of the blaster and he has accepted it so I'm waiting for a return label.

You do know that some original sabers will sink if slightly tapped when they first float? It's a bit of a problem although if you have ones already that you know to be 100% legit should be able to tell them apart from the look and feel of them.

Best of luck with it.

Ian

Droopy

Padawan
sparkysx said:
What does he mean "we'll have a problem"?

I think he was basically saying that if he decides I've sent back different weapons, because the ones he sent were 100% genuine :roll: he'll refuse to give me a refund!

I'm hoping this prick is just playing dumb but secretly knows he's been rumbled and will refund me without having to open a case with eBay, we shall see.

Droopy

Padawan
So I got a return label and sent the items back today, coincidentally I got a stroppy email asking if I'd sent the figures back yet to which I replied politely, yes, today, 2nd class, with proof of postage, tracked, after taking several photos of the figures and accessories!

Lo and behold they have already been relisted even though she isn't even in possession of the figures and again listed as all ORIGINAL AND MINT!!

Avoid avoid avoid, this seller is a liar and knowingly selling repros and describing everything as mint!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/301929640692

Droopy

Padawan
jedisearcher said:
I'd leave a negative, just say sold repros listed as original. They deserve it 100%.

Oh I plan to my friend, but I want to make sure I get my refund first!!

Droopy

Padawan
Droopy said:
Dannymanic said:

No idea I'm afraid, I'm not an expert on VCJ's but i would err on the side of caution and just avoid this seller completely!

Someone has outed this listing as a fake in the FB group and the listing has ended early, I just hope that the seller has pulled it and someone hasn't made an offer that's been accepted!! :twisted:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom