Resealed figure discovery debate - G.Kurtz Palitoy VC Jawa.

itfciain

Grand Master
Has anyone else run a black light over the actual figure? Josh has done so with his Dengar (pics on RS) and it appears to show touch-ups - if this anyone else can check their figures under the black light and spot any form of touch up then surely this proves that these were sealed post factory (and that UKG/AFA made a terrible error if they are graded)

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
I collect ww2 German items and Black light is heavily used to identify post war items, One of the things we have found is a vintage uniform washed in modern detergent glows under black light, This could be a cleaning fluid Toni used on the cards, Say he gave it a quick wipe over with a cloth with some sort of modern cleaning solution applied.

chazb73

Sith Lord
I've not posted in this subject yet - so very sad for the hobby

I've seen one or two of the type in question on ebay in the last 24 hours. Do you think we will suddenly see an deluge? There will be buyers who are not aware of this mess...

jay4

Jedi Knight
StarWarsAlways said:
I have an old school friend who is a producer for the BBC.. He and I were Star Wars mad in the seventies (I still am).

Would it be a good idea I bring this to his attention?
if this friend is that don from "dont get done get don" yes by all means get him in :) he could very well be just the man to get on this :lol:

darthberizing

Padawan
Hey everyone,

Honestly I've been quiet on this (sans a few small posts on TIG) because I think something doesn't add up in my mind. I think this revelation, the fake ironed stormies, and list are just overwhelming evidence against Toni so, something is wrong with it. JJ seems to keep trying to move past this, like there is nothing more to see. I don't think it's the case. However, Toni himself is the main reason I have doubts. Had he come forward earlier I think this would have stopped about 80 pages ago.

My issue is that there seem to be many running theories about identifying. Crescent shaped openings mid bubble, blobs of ink, the little dimples, the "03" stamp, press marks on the back, and they seem to be debunked. Is there any list of what's been tried as a possible identifier?

BTW - if there was 25,000 "items" is it not possible there were thousands of MOCs that were from the missing pages? I think Jason said 11,000 or so were the added total. So maybe 14,000 MOCs were there?

I'm not trying to make things difficult but I do want to point out a few things. If theyve been covered I apologize

1)My Glasslite MOCs have no pressure on the backs. If I showed you the back only, you'd think it was a proof.

2)I did the blacklight thing. My TT 2-1B didn't shine like Bossk did. But my Meccano 65bk Ree Yees was pretty close! I used a Kenner MOC Dengar (in honor of Josh) and big difference. I don't know if blacklights will be the answer

11469409653_f3f522e0cd_z.jpg

11469293654_cdb46d7384_z.jpg

11469412533_0345e3901e_z.jpg

I think someone mentioned who has what, I have

GM 45bk 2-1B on single stem - English Text - little circles (or holes) on bubble top
GM 45bk Bossk on single stem - No Text - little circles (or holes) on bubble top
GM 45bk C3PO on single stem - No Text - no little circles

None have the crescent lift as described.

My 2-1B does have that rough look someone else showed , almost like water damage that lifts the cardboard. Barely visible but you can tell.

James Simmonds

Padawan
Has anyone considered that some of the 'Jedi' cardbacks could have been tri-logo ones? 'Jedi' cards were just that regardless of the language of the logo back then. The three cartons of bubbles that had were deemed unusable could have been the tri-logo ones that are almost always damaged. Put these two components together and you may have a lot of tri-logos out there that have also been made post-Palitoy.

James.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
I think there was definitely a load of real, factory sealed MOC's (all original) from the deal. These were sold earliest (you'd think).

There was also a 3 cartons of bubbles for unmade cardbacks, plus a load of unmade cardbacks with no bubbles.

At some point, like through the sort of timeline posted afew pages back the original bubbles and cardbacks that were available were made up and started being sold (as the real MOC's ran out for those figures). Modern carded then.

And somewhere around the same time the remaining unmade cardbacks with no bubble one's somehow got bubbles - repro? These seem to be the ones with the dots on them. I've got a Han Bespin single stem with those on. Modern carded/repro bubbles.

You probably knew all that already :lol: , but it's worth considering them all separately as I think what you might expect for one (say a properly made up MOC sold at the start), might be very different under blacklights or whatever to the same figure that was produced once the original stock was gone, and maybe is modern carded, or even modern carded/ & repro bubbled one.

Chris

lee gray

Sith Lord
For near on 15 years we heard the story from some big names in the collectors game that Toni came into possession of a ton of carded star wars figures, never did we hear he came into possession of lose cardbacks.

for 1 week we hear Toni came into possession of unused cardbacks and figures and all of a sudden most people now believe this instead...........

escapist

Jedi Knight
James Simmonds said:
Has anyone considered that some of the 'Jedi' cardbacks could have been tri-logo ones? 'Jedi' cards were just that regardless of the language of the logo back then. The three cartons of bubbles that had were deemed unusable could have been the tri-logo ones that are almost always damaged. Put these two components together and you may have a lot of tri-logos out there that have also been made post-Palitoy.

James.

Going along these lines.... Whilst not Trilogo cards, he has sold two cards recently that are the 65bks with trilogo bubbles, calling them 'factory defects'

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-PALITOY-ROTJ-TRILOGO-HYBRID-WALRUSMAN-FACTORY-ERROR-/251399006457?hash=item3a888c68f9&nma=true&si=Rug4qnAi%252FJm6XcjHiMF6th7pTv4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

"HARD TO FIND HYBRID IN EXCELLENT CONDITION.CARD IS CREASE FREE AND VERY CLEAN AS IN PHOTOS..THE TRILOGO STYLE BUBBLE IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AND HAS A FACTORY DEFECT -ONLY SEALED ON 3 SIDES WITH THE BOTTOM EDGE OF THE BUBBLE MISSING.."

Certainly a possibility.

darthberizing

Padawan
lee gray said:
For near on 15 years we heard the story from some big names in the collectors game that Toni came into possession of a ton of carded star wars figures, never did we hear he came into possession of lose cardbacks and accepted it

for 1 week week we hear Toni came into possession of unused cardbacks and figures and most now accept that......

I'm with you Lee. It just doesn't add up. Sorry to the people who disagree but it's never this easy and obvious. I'm not about to assume my MOCs are worthless based on conjecture either. Like I said, everytime someone comes up with an identifier it gets shown to be false.

Toni's biggest problem is Toni (in my opinion).

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
lee gray said:
For near on 15 years we heard the story from some big names in the collectors game that Toni came into possession of a ton of carded star wars figures, never did we hear he came into possession of lose cardbacks.

for 1 week we hear Toni came into possession of unused cardbacks and figures and all of a sudden most people now believe this instead...........

And the 2nd ebay account?

A question, not a challenge :D

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
jedisearcher said:
lee gray said:

Sorry, also reading Josh's timeline thread on RS, Chris Caswell recalls a conversation with Jim Stephenson about unused cardbacks. Plus, there's loads of unused 3PO's around, not proofs.

I think JJ wants Jim in on this conversation, plus others perhaps.

lee gray

Sith Lord
jedisearcher said:
lee gray said:

Even with all the evidence against Toni, I only believe he is guilty due to his silence as no way would anyone with this much to lose as Toni would stay quiet like this.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
lee gray said:
jedisearcher said:
lee gray said:

Even with all the evidence against Toni, I only believe he is guilty due to his silence as no way would anyone with this much to lose as Toni would stay quiet like this.

Sorry Lee I meant to say earlier, I agree 100% that TT's silence is very, very odd and it does seem there's a lot more to this than we've seen in this thread.

You guys all know each other really well, I'm new on here so I get most information on here by reading old threads and there is an old one where toni is accused of being a bit lax on communication. He comes on straight away defending his corner as you'd expect him to. That he hasn't on the current matter is out of character, based on the other thread.

søren

Jedi Knight
Captainsolo1978 said:
If the people who are selling the Toni Carded German figures on ebay.com for several hundred pounds are reading this - shame on you!

Send them a standard message on eBay . Telling them they are selling fake cardet mocs .and a link to one of the treads .

That way they can't say they sold in good faith. And the poor buyer might get his money back if they read this theard . Also a list of sellers that has got the email might be great to have online here . Then buyers can see who are " toy tony scammers "

darthberizing

Padawan
søren said:
Captainsolo1978 said:
If the people who are selling the Toni Carded German figures on ebay.com for several hundred pounds are reading this - shame on you!

Send them a standard message on eBay . Telling them they are selling fake cardet mocs .and a link to one of the treads .

That way they can't say they sold in good faith. And the poor buyer might get his money back if they read this theard . Also a list of sellers that has got the email might be great to have online here . Then buyers can see who are " toy tony scammers "

People are speculating. If it turns out to be false, they lost a ton. Nothing is close to being concrete proof.

Lafos

Jedi Knight
A recent AFA response ... happy holidays

Hello Erik,

Thank you for contacting us. We are aware of the posts. Unfortunately, we cannot make a statement based on speculations in a forum.

Happy holidays.

Sincerely,
Kim

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom