Resealed figure discovery debate - G.Kurtz Palitoy VC Jawa.

x-pack

Grand Master
lee gray said:
Who would really buy that many thousands of cards and bubbles over 20 years ago in the slight hope they might somehow be able to then aquire thousands of mint figures (way before the internet existed) and then hope that somehow they would be able to attach these bubbles to look like it was done at a factory..............seems like a stretch to me.

Maybe that wasn't the original plan but then someone got bored of having all these stacks of old stock cards and thought 'bollocks to it, I might as well make some money on these'. There's enough to play with experimenting with various sealing methods. Knock 'em out in the 90's when people probably weren't as knowledgeable as they are now. Dead easy.

Joe

Grand Master
itfciain said:
Joe - how sure are you that this is an account linked to TT ? That figure list is very close to his current list of MOCs for sale

My first thought when I heard about the second account Iain was that it's worthless information without his name linked to it, however I was given proof that indeed it was Toni and without revealing too much (some people understandably do not want to be involved in all of this) I am 100% sure that the account is his. Without a doubt.

spoons

Grand Master
Joe said:
itfciain said:
Joe - how sure are you that this is an account linked to TT ? That figure list is very close to his current list of MOCs for sale

My first thought when I heard about the second account Iain was that it's worthless information without his name linked to it, however I was given proof that indeed it was Toni and without revealing too much information (some people understandably do not want to be involved in all of this) I am 100% sure that the account is his.

And there's your circumstantial smoking gun

The talk of a need for thousands of mint figures is pointless, you would only need to buy a few at a time and buy more when your stock is sold.

This thread has so many parallels with the unpainted Palitoy prototype outing its scary.

Billy boy was a respected authority and his 'samples' fooled many until folk got past the previous good character. He had me defending him for a long time.

The only sticking point here is the sealing process, and when Lee's Fetts are glued that's not much of a sticking point.

The whole of Toni's stock needn't be fake, it may only be a few. On the other hand it may be all of them or none of them - we may never know.

Todd - a lot of te Kenner 47s are smooth seal too

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Indeed, plenty of kenner smooth seals out there for sure Andy.

I'm certainly moving towards the notion that if it walks like a duck....

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
Joe said:
itfciain said:

My first thought when I heard about the second account Iain was that it's worthless information without his name linked to it, however I was given proof that indeed it was Toni and without revealing too much (some people understandably do not want to be involved in all of this) I am 100% sure that the account is his. Without a doubt.

This thread is ****ing hard to catch up with, but come from 10 pages down, reading his, i must agree its a scary thought and this together with the list you gave about the loose figures bought with that account, comes a little to close to be coincidence imo.

I wonder when Tony join in again and maybe sheds some light On all this.

søren

Jedi Knight
Stargeezer said:
Joe said:
itfciain said:

This thread is ****ing hard to catch up with, but come from 10 pages down, reading his, i must agree its a scary thought and this together with the list you gave about the loose figures bought with that account, comes a little to close to be coincidence imo.

I wonder when Tony join in again and maybe sheds some light On all this.

Tony is also selling used cardbacks on his site ..... Buy cheap moc's - make your own ... sell the cardbacks from the moc's ...

Tony's business is stone dead ... Evey one in this hobby will read this and other threads . If that was my business i would be on here defending it .... Tony not taking part of this says it all in my book .

spoons

Grand Master
tiefighterboy said:
I have always thought the smooth sealed figures looked off. ****...Now I am on the fence. :lol: :lol: :lol:

A lot of the Kenner 47 Han Hoths all have dodgy smooth seals and are packed with Bespin blasters, it's almost like someone found a bunch of unused cardbacks but didn't know what weapon to pack

Now where are those COO experts...

spoons

Grand Master
søren said:
Tony's business is stone dead ... Evey one in this hobby will read this and other threads . If that was my business i would be on here defending it .... Tony not taking part of this says it all in my book .

Totally agree with that, I'd be threatening legal action at the very least. Are those with the AFA90 collections going to do the same?

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
spoons said:
tiefighterboy said:
I have always thought the smooth sealed figures looked off. ****...Now I am on the fence. :lol: :lol: :lol:

A lot of the Kenner 47 Han Hoths all have dodgy smooth seals and are packed with Bespin blasters, it's almost like someone found a bunch of unused cardbacks but didn't know what weapon to pack

and the smooth seals could be a clear adhesive or thermal reactive to minor heat applied and not be heat sealed.
**** me....I dont wanna buy smooth seals....unless they are heavily discounted (Taking the Lee G. stance. :lol: :lol: )

Plus side...this thread has raised all of our post counts. :wink:

spoons

Grand Master
tiefighterboy said:
spoons said:
tiefighterboy said:

and the smooth seals could be a clear adhesive or thermal reactive to minor heat applied and not be heat sealed.
**** me....I dont wanna buy smooth seals....unless they are heavily discounted (Taking the Lee G. stance. :lol: :lol: )

Plus side...this thread has raised all of our post counts. :wink:

That's got to be worth the cost of a few dodgy German cards :D

Captainsolo1978

Jedi Master
This has me worried. I have two mint German ESB figures which I bought from Toytoni. Does this mean the legitimacy of all mint Palitoy Carded figures is in doubt?

spoons

Grand Master
I'd be concerned if they are ESB German (both types), or ROTJ pal (particularly Fett)

Unfortunately there are lots if legitimate ROTJ Palitoy, which is why this is such a big deal if true. How does anyone know what is real or not?

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
spoons said:
I'd be concerned if they are ESB German (both types), or ROTJ pal (particularly Fett)

Unfortunately there are lots if legitimate ROTJ Palitoy, which is why this is such a big deal if true. How does anyone know what is real or not?

In Grant (Maulster79) pics a few pages ago there was what looked like a smudge or lifting/ separating of litho from the card under the seal of the bubble on his old Palitoy ROTJ Fett moc. That sort of thing would be of definite concern to me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom