Resealed figure discovery debate - G.Kurtz Palitoy VC Jawa.

Starzone

Padawan
I don't want to get into an argument either, but I will just say that I have known Grant for a long time, and he is hardly a "new collector" .... Definitely one of the old school collectors and we used to run into each other back in the early nineties.

I've not been on this forum long, and not really a forum type of guy but you shouldn't automatically assume that means "newbie"

Oh and BTW I went to Empire day and the Jawa was definitely a vinyl cape.

Darren

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Thanks for the confirmation Darren. How was the fair? Did you manage to get any pics of the palitoy vcj? Any other highlights?

Chris.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
A friend of mine went on Sat and he saw that the Jawa in question WAS a vinyl cape and due to his experience he would not make a fundamental mistake like getting a vinyl cape mixed up with a cloth cape!!
As for the question of it's authenticity I will let you good people continue to argue that one! :)

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
My mistake Darren, I don't know Grant and I wasn't being offensive saying he was a newbie.

I know someone else who went and they thought the piece looked legit.

Interesting!!!

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Grant is a stand-up guy...Robbie is a piece of ****. Their is no inner circle here and everybody is entitled to an opinion. Unless Grant was drunk and ****-faced...I am sure he seen what he seen.

e30318is

Sith Lord
Wow, this is exciting! I wait with baited breath for pictures :D

Now my dream of finding a case of Palitoy VC Jawas is looking more and more like it could come true..... I think a nice weekend break to Leicester is looking very attractive :lol:

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
OK.

I'll get the pictures up tonight. Please understand that we were not allowed to take photos of things in the archive where there was a small glass cabinet with a beautiful palitoy death star and the first 12 figures on star wars palitoys. There was security making sure no photos were taken, but as I knew you guys would like to check it out, I found Jason and he allowed me to take the photos. We had to hurry as he didn't want it to act as a green light for everyone to take photos of the archive.

The photos are through a glass cabinet and your not going to know that the VC is 100% from them.

I spoke to Jason and his partner about the piece. He told me that they were purchaced from someone who photographed toys.

I spent ages looking at the figure and comparing it to what I know from my MOC's and those other 12 backs. I have nothing to gain in it being real or not.

The card had a slight warp in it and a small crease in the top. Not enough to break the black paint on the card. I honestly can't find anything wrong with it.

I asked Jason friends who all said it was legit. I also asked collectors who also agreed that while they can't be 100% of a figure in a display cabinet, it did appear to be legit.

So there no AFA/UKG/SWFUK declaration that this is the palitoy holy grail that we've all waited for.

I can remember though that there was a time when the VC Jawa was only on the Kenner card. Now I know of 2 that have been found on Australian cards with a couple of loose.

I can't upload the photos from my phone so I'll have to wait till I get home.

Thanks for the 'Grants a stand up guy' comments. Always nice to hear.

I think Lee was partially right about my comments about 'staffie'. They were meant to be be humorous, but it seem to upset the mods as well, so maybe took it to far. The rest of the angry toy stuff is very poetic.

So photos up tonight. Don't get to excited, it's not a scientific experiment, I just did what I could, because I love you guys. :D

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
They didn't want pictures of the stuff in the archive. My guess is that they didn't want repos of 1974 scripts being made from it. But I don't actually know.

Josh

Sith Lord
This thread needs more tits until we get a pic of a Palitoy VC Jawa up. :lol:

teenage-tits.jpg

e30318is

Sith Lord
That is a corking piece Jason. Have any of you guys seen a cloth cape Jawa turn up on a palitoy card with the VC bubble?

Exciting times for Jawa and Palitoy fans :mrgreen:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
e30318is said:
That is a corking piece Jason. Have any of you guys seen a cloth cape Jawa turn up on a palitoy card with the VC bubble?

Exciting times for Jawa and Palitoy fans :mrgreen:

Again, there is no sealed example of this. This is a picture of a cloth cape in a VC bubble:-

2171440790063731603S600x600Q85.jpg

2165048490063731603S600x600Q85.jpg

2926872720063731603S600x600Q85.jpg

The bubble at the top of the card is cut, and a cloth cape jawa has been inserted. While there is room in there for him, it is very squashed, and in my opinion could not have been glued to the card without a significant number getting the cloth cape caught up in the glue.

:)

Jason

e30318is

Sith Lord
Would I be correct to state that until a sealed example of a cloth cape jawa turns up in a VC bubble, we must assume the VC jawa was shipped on a palitoy card? That cloth cape jawa looks far to snug to me.

It's amazing that Jim Stevenson hasn't uncovered any though. Is there a possibility the partially sealed VC Jawas are some kind of salesperson sample, that ended up being sold?

Very interesting thread.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
e30318is said:
Would I be correct to state that until a sealed example of a cloth cape jawa turns up in a VC bubble, we must assume the VC jawa was shipped on a palitoy card? That cloth cape jawa looks far to snug to me.

It's amazing that Jim Stevenson hasn't uncovered any though. Is there a possibility the partially sealed VC Jawas are some kind of salesperson sample, that ended up being sold?

Very interesting thread.

On the Kenner line, the vinyl cape jawa only shipped in a vinyl cape bubble as far as I'm aware. Makes sense to me. They put a cloth cape on to replace the vinyl one and had to put a bigger bubble on it to accomodate. Your reasoning that assuming vinyl capes shipped with vinyl bubbles is sound to me and implies that palitoy vinyl caped jawas must have existed given the number of vinyl caped bubbles attached to palitoy cards that have now surfaced. Until AFA grade a sealed one, there will always be doubters! There are two "sealed" and three resealed examples that I am aware of. The provenance of my piece and the zodiac toys price sticker would suggest it was shop sold.

:)

Jason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom