Question

2stripes

Jedi Master
Hello all again!

Forums looking good, as an Evertonian its gotta be better than that nasty red.

Anyhows, a question...

Supposing you had a faulty MP3 player, supposing it wont power up and you could send it back to Sony and get a replacement. But supposing you had music downloaded of bit torrent sites on it....

Would you sent it off to Sony or could they tell it was from an illegal source and bust your supposed_ass?

Just supposing like? :oops:

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
Supposing you had a faulty MP3 player, supposing it wont power up and you could send it back to Sony and get a replacement. But supposing you had music downloaded of bit torrent sites on it....

Would you sent it off to Sony or could they tell it was from an illegal source and bust your supposed_ass?
Depends how much the mystical mp3 player cost.
Downloading songs from the internet is not actually illegal. What is illegal is uploading them back on again. Unfortunatly bittorrent software only allows you to download if you allso upload at the same time.
So it depends if your mythical mp3 player has bittorrent codes on it or just song titles.

Dom

Jedi Master
TWOFOOT said:

Depends how much the mystical mp3 player cost.
Downloading songs from the internet is not actually illegal. What is illegal is uploading them back on again. Unfortunatly bittorrent software only allows you to download if you allso upload at the same time.
So it depends if your mythical mp3 player has bittorrent codes on it or just song titles.

My way around the whole torrent thing is only sharing music from my mates bands. That way im promoting them and still getting what I want!!!

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Can't you just save the music to a cd and wipe the memory of the MP3 player? :?

I only have an IPod nano and luckily haven't had any problems with it yet. :lol:

2stripes

Jedi Master
No it wont power up at all so I can't remove the music.

Not sure whats on the TAG info on the songs to be honest, sure its incriminating though.

I may just claim on my housing insurance I think!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
mate there's loads of "back street" places that will fix mp3 players and not give a toss about the mp3's on it. any independant computer repair centre for example.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom