POTF R2D2 valuation request

obiwannacollect

Jedi Knight
Hi,

I'm considering selling my potf R2D2 pop up lightsabre and thought I would ask for an opinion or two on current going rates.

It displays really well despite a few issues, mainly veining from the "ages 6 and up" down to the picture of r2, again a slight crease bottom right and a ding on the bubble top right.

Thanks in advance for your help, link below

https://flic.kr/s/aHsk6DfjaP

Francisco

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Iain has just sold a couple of these. Neither are as nice. One was an absolute shitter and got snapped up for £120. Not sure about the other but £160 rings a bell.

I brought one from Andy x wing at farthest from. A bit yellower of bubble than this one but card is as nice. I paid £150 with an acrylic case.

A few months ago I would have said £150 tops but these days maybe £180 and see what happens. Possibly a bit more as it looks to be in great shape.

chazb73

Sith Lord
These are so difficult to price at the moment. Prices can be crazy

I sold a loose one for £100 not long ago.

Can you believe I picked mine up for £45 a couple of years back - those were the days !

Good luck mate

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Further to my post earlier, I have taken a picture of the one I got so you can compare. Its in LA

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=200&p=318967#p318967

obiwannacollect

Jedi Knight
chazb73 said:

Can you believe I picked mine up for £45 a couple of years back - those were the days !

Good luck mate

£45!! what are we talking here, about 20 years back!!??

Thanks again folks for the input

Jez

Sith Lord
I wouldn't say Iains was a complete shitter. I'd have put it in my collection!

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Jez said:

Not the most recent one mate. The one before. If I recall it looked like it had been in the bath and then someone had taken a bite out of the card.

benny100

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
Jez said:

Not the most recent one mate. The one before. If I recall it looked like it had been in the bath and then someone had taken a bite out of the card.

I wouldnt say it was a shitter either as I bought it! The cards a lot better in the hand, the bubble is minty as is the figure. A loose one goes for the same price so it was a no lose really.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Ok. Perhaps the word shitter was a bit harsh. And I didn't think it was overpriced either as you won't get a good r2 pop up loose for less than £100 at the moment so the £120 was basically £100 for the figure and £10 each for the card and coin, so you have effectively paid for the sum of parts.

Benny, don't get me wrong, I'm not a snob when it comes to cards and condition, and I am very happy it has found a home with someone where it will not be busted off the card for a loose collection. From the pictures the condition looked poor but if your happy with it then it doesn't matter what I think. I was merely pointing out to the op that the lowest price for these is £120, and even in lesser condition it flew out the door.

Unfortunately, this figure opitomises the raised values of vintage in the hobby these days, particularly in loose form. I recently brought just the loose sabre for £50 from Iain. I'm sure some people think this is mad, but at the moment it's the going rate. Wether people like it or not.

The other one sold went for £130. It had a crack in the bubble.

benny100

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
Ok. Perhaps the word shitter was a bit harsh. And I didn't think it was overpriced either as you won't get a good r2 pop up loose for less than £100 at the moment so the £120 was basically £100 for the figure and £10 each for the card and coin, so you have effectively paid for the sum of parts.

Benny, don't get me wrong, I'm not a snob when it comes to cards and condition, and I am very happy it has found a home with someone where it will not be busted off the card for a loose collection. From the pictures the condition looked poor but if your happy with it then it doesn't matter what I think. I was merely pointing out to the op that the lowest price for these is £120, and even in lesser condition it flew out the door.

Unfortunately, this figure opitomises the raised values of vintage in the hobby these days, particularly in loose form. I recently brought just the loose sabre for £50 from Iain. I'm sure some people think this is mad, but at the moment it's the going rate. Wether people like it or not.

Totally agree dude, I wasn't implying snobbery, as you say, it's the market rate, whether we agree with that or not. I always saw it as one of those figures that would sky rocket simply down to the fact that lightsaber being small would undoubtably got lost so easily over the years

chazb73

Sith Lord
obiwannacollect said:
chazb73 said:

Good luck mate

£45!! what are we talking here, about 20 years back!!??

Thanks again folks for the input

Indeed buddy - only a couple of years back on fleabay,(way under price of course) great condition, just very lucky with that one.

Even just a few years on I doubt that would happen now

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Mr-shifter said:

itfciain

Grand Master
With my sales being mentioned so many times in one thread it looks like I come away as a decent seller - which is good :lol: :lol:

The R2 is just a crazy price at the moment - a lot is to do with the sabre - but for me, like a lot of other high value (no rare) items, it is just that people are hanging on to them that is pushing up prices - there used to be a lot more of these coming up for sale than there are now - same as VC Jawas. DT Lukes and the Kellerman book - all of which have nearly doubled in price in the past year or so

chazb73

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
With my sales being mentioned so many times in one thread it looks like I come away as a decent seller - which is good :lol: :lol:

The R2 is just a crazy price at the moment - a lot is to do with the sabre - but for me, like a lot of other high value (no rare) items, it is just that people are hanging on to them that is pushing up prices - there used to be a lot more of these coming up for sale than there are now - same as VC Jawas. DT Lukes and the Kellerman book - all of which have nearly doubled in price in the past year or so

Spot on Iain

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom