Pokemon Go!

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
With an expectation of a flurry of memes about growing up or being a man in response to the question... Which given we all collect toys might be a touch ironic to say the least...
Is anyone else playing Pokemon Go! ?

Both my kids were, so as it appeared on my phone (my iPhone is set up to receive all the apps they download), rather than delete this one, I thought I'd see what the fuss is all about... Hate to say it, it's actually quite fun! :eek:

Robstyley

Sith Lord
pokemon wankers.jpg

Saw this earlier. Hwa ha ha :lol:

Gorneesh

Jedi Knight
I put it onto my phone for my daughter to play,(and for me to see what all the fuss and hype was about) we do go out and hunt them together, but the whole poker gym/ fighting thing is lost on me.
I can see the appeal of the game and I also enjoy going out for the walk and hunting them down and yes we do get excited when we find one, all in I think it's a very clever game it's encouraging my daughter to get up of the sofa, instead of killing her brain watching The amazing world of Gumball

itfciain

Grand Master
Saw this on FB - people do like a good conspiracy !

Attachments

• PG.jpg
    PG.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 135

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Monday I got back from Celebration, I was sorting my stuff out and could see two lads on my front lawn and an older man (turned out to be their Dad) standing on my drive, went outside to ask what they wanted and he just replies that I've got a Pokémon in my garden, no idea what he was going on about.

MarkG

Jedi Master
Not played it myself to be honest, but I guess it's a good way to get kids off their games consoles etc and go outdoors.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Not played it myself, but the concept is fantastic. There are obvious problems with people being idiots with it etc though.

It's begging for a Star Wars version where you're a Bounty Hunter capturing people etc 8)

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Cazza said:
Not played it myself, but the concept is fantastic. There are obvious problems with people being idiots with it etc though.

It's begging for a Star Wars version where you're a Bounty Hunter capturing people etc 8)

Now that is a brilliant idea!! 8)

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
What it has done is doubled Nintendo share prices.

The gym thing is ingenious. I think where they will be going with that is paying for your business to become a gym. That will bring people in from all over the local area to train there Pokemon. I could see someone like macdonalds paying a lot of money for that.

Look forward to convention exclusive Pokemon. That will fill up an event.

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
My youngest son loved celebration for an extra reason, he caught some pokemon on pokemongo he could not find at home! All three of my kids have been huge pokemon fans for years, so yes pokemongo has been well played in this house.

Joe

Grand Master
Couple of weeks back I never used to see anyone around here where I live, now..wherever I go there are kids walking around totally zoned in on their phones looking for pokemon. Mad. I suppose it gets them out of the house at least, parents following them look ****ed off with the whole thing though :lol:

yoda

Sith Lord
It is mad the reaction to it. I think I am going to have a look myself what it is all about.

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
There are plenty more kids on the streets because of pokemongo and I think this is a good thing. I hope that mobile gaming as a whole encourages kids to get outside, and mingle face to face more rather than over headphones via xbox. Communities thrive on people interaction, and we need people to get out of their houses to do this.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Woolyniner said:
There are plenty more kids on the streets because of pokemongo and I think this is a good thing. I hope that mobile gaming as a whole encourages kids to get outside, and mingle face to face more rather than over headphones via xbox. Communities thrive on people interaction, and we need people to get out of their houses to do this.

There are definitely benefits! My son is always off with his mates for hours on end playing it either on foot or on his BMX... they remind me of the Goonies! He's covering upto 9 miles a day on foot (some by bike), which is certainly better that a few months back when I struggled to prize him out of his room and the lure of his PS4...

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Sadly inevitable:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36932197

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Not a Nintendo innovation.

By July 22, Nintendo gained ¥1.8 trillion (US$17.6 billion) in market capitalization since the game's launch.[73] However, following clarification from Nintendo that the company did not produce Pokémon Go nor have tangible financial gains from it, its stock fell by 18%—equating to a ¥708 billion (US$6.7 billion) loss in market value—on July 25.[73][74] This was the largest single-day decline for Nintendo since 1990 and the maximum one-day exchange of finances allowed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. The company has an approximate 13% "effective economic stake" in the app according to Macquarie Securities.[73]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Go

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom