Please Delete

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Cornish_jedi said:
This is going to look epic, cant wait see it progress.

May have to steal your black backing idea :D

No problem I was going to steal/borrow Russ's Lightsaber Wall Light idea because I liked it so much.

Go for it, will make a cool feature :wink: :wink:

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
theforceuk said:
Wow looking good, going to be some man cave. 8)

The display area is a hallway but I would like Man Cave as you can spend more time in it tinkering so if I get enough stuff In the future then I might convert a bedroom and do a much bigger display.

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

tigerham

Sith Lord
* he smiles with admiration... my friend, that's a quality piece! I love it! So well made and really neat. Did you design and build it all yourself? (sorry, I don't know you're name)

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
tigerham said:
* he smiles with admiration... my friend, that's a quality piece! I love it! So well made and really neat. Did you design and build it all yourself? (sorry, I don't know you're name)

I designed the cabinets myself but the hallway was designed by an Interior Designer so I can't take all the credit. I had tradesman in to build it as unfortunately I don't possess the skills. I have just ordered the glass and will hopefully choose the frame next week. The only thing I have left to do is find a way of stabilising the comics so they can't fall out of the box surround if there are any vibrations.

My name is Anthony

Thanks for the kind words.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
tigerham said:

I designed the cabinets myself but the hallway was designed by an Interior Designer so I can't take all the credit. I had tradesman in to build it as unfortunately I don't possess the skills. I have just ordered the glass and will hopefully choose the frame next week. The only thing I have left to do is find a way of stabilising the comics so they can't fall out of the box surround if there are any vibrations.

My name is Anthony

Well Anthony (a pleasure my friend), it's brilliantly designed and love the retro surroundings. Giving me ideas, lol. :)

What about mounting the comics on thin clear perspex frames whcih have a backbone kind of structutre to hold it up? Maybe.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
tigerham said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:
tigerham said:

My name is Anthony

Well Anthony (a pleasure my friend), it's brilliantly designed and love the retro surroundings. Giving me ideas, lol. :)

What about mounting the comics on thin clear perspex frames whcih have a backbone kind of structutre to hold it up? Maybe.

Do you have a picture you could post or is it just something you thought of?

tigerham

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
tigerham said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:

My name is Anthony

Do you have a picture you could post or is it just something you thought of?

Just something I thought of but if it were myself, for a tester, I would buy two clear acrylic sheets sized a little larger than the comic, counter sink neodimium magnets into each corner for closure and cut a slanted piece of clear perspex for the rear stand. Times that by how ever many comics you have. Alternatively I'm sure there are frames of similar kind around if searched for.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
One of the problems I have had was the comic grade case depth vary in size depending on the size of the comic (number of pages) they seem to vary between 12 and 20mm so I have decided to use Angle Plastic (not sure if that is the right name similar to angle iron) to hold the comic in the top and bottom. If there are any vibrations that cause the comic to move the angle plastic on the top and bottom will stop it from falling out. The thicker comics should be flush with the surround where as the thinner ones I may have to pack out so they are also flush, that way everything looks the same.

It is easier finding a solution for my comics as all but one are CGC so only the depths change. MOC'S are trickier as I have a mixture of UKG & AFA and maybe CAS in the future and most of the case sizes are different. I think my current method works OK but I might see if I can use the angle plastic to further stabilise the MOC display.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
One of the problems I have had was the comic grade case depth vary in size depending on the size of the comic (number of pages) they seem to vary between 12 and 20mm so I have decided to use Angle Plastic (not sure if that is the right name similar to angle iron) to hold the comic in the top and bottom. If there are any vibrations that cause the comic to move the angle plastic on the top and bottom will stop it from falling out. The thicker comics should be flush with the surround where as the thinner ones I may have to pack out so they are also flush, that way everything looks the same.

It is easier finding a solution for my comics as all but one are CGC so only the depths change. MOC'S are trickier as I have a mixture of UKG & AFA and maybe CAS in the future and most of the case sizes are different. I think my current method works OK but I might see if I can use the angle plastic to further stabilise the MOC display.

Sounds great and seems to work just fine. Looking forward to seeing more progression photos. It certainly looks like a classy set up my friend. :)

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Thanks very much.

At the end of the Hall is a Ticket Booth which I had made and I was thinking about putting a Life Size Star Wars character in it. Does anyone know where I could get a cheaper Life Size Star Wars character (character from A New Hope, ESB or Jedi) from?

tigerham

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Thanks very much.

At the end of the Hall is a Ticket Booth which I had made and I was thinking about putting a Life Size Star Wars character in it. Does anyone know where I could get a cheaper Life Size Star Wars character (character from A New Hope, ESB or Jedi) from?

Lol, I thought this looked familiar. I remember seeing the ticket booth and thinking what a set-up.

As for the life sized character I wouldn't know where to look but good luck in your hunt Anthony. :)

tigerham

Sith Lord
Absolute quality Anthony! Love it. Thank you for sharing and glad to see the ticket display still there. :)

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
That is a stunning display, been following it all the way through the build 8)

Thanks for sharing 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom