Palitoy Vinyl Cape Jawa - COA & Update

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
It would be far more exciting watching this on Ebay as an auction listing BUT with a Reserve. It would fuel lots of bidders and gauge what they were willing to pay up to - would be very interesting..

I often find with BIN or best offers a lot of buyers are put off - I am to be honest, but would bid on an item that had a reserve, even a high reserve.

I don't blame the seller either for preferring collection in person, I would be having sleepless nights over this getting lost in the post. Even if I was an international buyer I would pick it up in person!

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
I would love to have a punt on it - but with my collection in its infancy, this kind of money would take a large chunk of my budget. Gonna take someone with insane amount of money - too risky to be an investment. So the one that buy's this would have to have no budgets or money worries - or a wife lol.

Lovely figure, everyone would love it - especially us Brits.

I'm gonna go drool a while.

chazb73

Sith Lord
Good luck with your sale - A thing a beauty, I wonder if there are any more out there somewhere? :? Doubt it
Just think 1978 they were £1.50 or thereabouts :lol:

Palifan

Sith Lord
PGowdy said:
JuniorChubb said:
Isn't it something like 10% of sale up to a max of £75?

I think :?

That's bullshit tho. I've heard that before but it's not how it works out. They take 10%. End of. I sold a Camera for 700 once and the fees were £70 plus PP's 4%. I dare say the fees on 35k would be about 3,500 plus about a grand to PP.

I think the fees are limited as the Palitoy Chewie that sold last year for 5K only had 75 in fees as I asked the seller. You may well have been right at the 10% limit with your 700 pound sale. I do hope Richard gave them a call first though just to double check.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
PGowdy said:
JuniorChubb said:
Isn't it something like 10% of sale up to a max of £75?

I think :?

That's bullshit tho. I've heard that before but it's not how it works out. They take 10%. End of. I sold a Camera for 700 once and the fees were £70 plus PP's 4%. I dare say the fees on 35k would be about 3,500 plus about a grand to PP.

I think the fees are limited as the Palitoy Chewie that sold last year for 5K only had 75 in fees as I asked the seller. You may well have been right at the 10% limit with your 700 pound sale. I do hope Richard gave them a call first though just to double check.

Dr p's Chewie was were I heard of the £75 cap. But like I said it was from memory of reading it somewhere rather than from actually knowing from personal experience.

Palitoyman

Padawan
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the publicity, much appreciated, I've sent you a PM, yes, it is the only graded example in existence.

Cheers

PGowdy

Grand Master
JuniorChubb said:
Palifan said:

Dr p's Chewie was were I heard of the £75 cap. But like I said it was from memory of reading it somewhere rather than from actually knowing from personal experience.

Hmm, interesting. So they never take more than £75? :? (from a single sale). Seems like a strange move on their part.. It's kind of annoying as a seller that if you sell £2,000 worth of stuff over a month you get charged £200 plus listing fees (which could amount to £40-£50) and yet if you sell one thing for £2,000 you get charged £75 plus a couple of quid for listing. Doesn't seem right.

Palifan

Sith Lord
I can only think it's to stop people being put off from selling higher priced items. They're still making a fair sum off of the amount of items sold every day and they really don't want to have people going else where. I'm sure it won't be too long until that price goes up anyway!

walkie

Sith Lord
It annoys me that ebay don't take their selling fees/commission direct from the buyer like auction houses.

If ebay took there commission at the time of the sale, you would only be charged 4% on the amount you receive. Instead you are charged 4% on the sales fees/commission which you then end up paying back to ebay.

Example

Items sells for £100, paypal 4% fees to paypal £96, pay 10% ebay fees leaves £86.

Alterative way, items sell for £100, ebay receives fees from seller, you get £90 and pay 10% fees leaves £86.40

OK so it's only 40p but times that by the amount of transactions that take place daily !!!!

Yet another little ebay - paypal scam imo!!

spoons

Grand Master
I'm no fan of eBay but where else can you get that many potential buyers for such a low fee.

Take a look at vectis for serious fees to both buyer and seller

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
ironfist said:
What did finally happen with this sale? I was one of the watchers on EBAY but I can't remember if it sold... Is it still in MrPAlitoy hands or was it finally sold?
Awesome piece, BTW...

Was never mine. It was sold in the end, though not at the price on the ebay auction in the end we believe.

:)

Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Rebel_Runner said:
Anyone have any idea what it went for?

It was sold to Anthony (MrKenner on rebelscum and possibly here too).

The ebay auction winning bid was for £11,300 from a 0 feedback non paying winning bid.

The piece was sold to Anthony outside of this ebay auction in a private deal for an undisclosed sum, presumably higher than the ebay auction closed for.

That's all I know.

:)

Jason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom