Palitoy Factory

spoons

Grand Master
It was Action Man con at the old Palitoy Factory this weekend and Laurence kindly gave us a tour of some key Palitoy buildings later on Saturday.

Bob Brechin chief Palitoy designer and a couple of the other Palitoy guys outside the main Palitoy offices - soon to get a green plaque

IMG_3436.JPG

Another Palitoy site where the staff shop was located - could that be an original Palitoy car park sign?

IMG_3440.JPG

IMG_3441.JPG

And the destrubution centre that Laurence's granddad designed

IMG_3447.JPG

IMG_3452.JPG

It was enormous. Laurence brought a tripod laser canon shipping box back to its ancestral home

Amazing how interesting a bunch of old warehouses could be - big thanks to Laurence for arranging it

Attachments

• IMG_3441.JPG
    IMG_3441.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 434

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'll echo that. It was a bloody cold day but a really interesting one. Who knew a tour of a warehouse could be so interesting?? The scale was incredible. To think that once upon a time it was chock-a-block full with toys was mind boggling. In fact it was impossible to comprehend. Just brilliant.

Thanks again, Laurence, it was good to take a trip to the home of SW in the UK.

Jez

Sith Lord
Great work lads, and especially well done Laurence.
I hope you had a great time.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
I'll echo all of that. Was a great day, and learnt a lot. Huge thanks to Laurence for organising and inviting me, really appreciated it.

The scale of the warehouse was incredible but simon still banged his head on the ceiling!

IMG_4504.JPG

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
Pleased I could share the knowledge with a great bunch of folk

But why did you all turn up in funny looking boot's?

spoons

Grand Master
laurencedyer said:
Pleased I could share the knowledge with a great bunch of folk

But why did you all turn up in funny looking boot's?

Star Wars fashion!

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Had a great day, was so nice to meet up with some of you as not often do I get the chance with how remote I am, was a blast, the sheer scale of the place was an eye opener, seen it from the gates before, but you just don't get a feel for the scale till you are standing there, dwarfed by it's enormity :p

The talk & walk round by Bob Brechin was also something else even if it was Actin Man focused, so many building with their own purpose in the production process, there was a huge green building at the back which they said ended up being mostly dedicated to the star wars line (pic's below), fingers crossed with next year marking the 40 year anniversary of star wars there's a good chance according to Bob that a star wars focused day may be on the cards, if so count me it :D

IMGP0295.JPG

The first building which is the one in line for the green plaque

the big golly green giant at the back which focused on the W line

The sheer scale of the place as said was quite an eye opener,can't imagine how bit the kenner ones must have been

I was really impressed that the huge water tank at the back for the sprinkler system is still holding out against the rigors of time, still holding water with a 40+ year old liner, don't build them like they used to

Check out the scale - yes that a mini rig shipping box being dwarfed by some of the current stock

Kids will be kids - game of footie in the car park after the walk round lol

& no I have no bloody idea why the first photo is showing 100 times??

Attachments

• IMGP0296.JPG
    IMGP0296.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 287
  • IMGP0326.JPG
    IMGP0326.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 290
  • IMGP0303.JPG
    IMGP0303.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 284
  • IMGP0315.JPG
    IMGP0315.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 285
  • IMGP0330.JPG
    IMGP0330.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 288
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom