My trading card, stickers, & magazine collection

subzero

Sith Lord
I present to you, my beloved childhood stickers & cards collection which is now complete, and also some Pog and several magazines just for good measure. This is every single series of stickers and collector cards that I remember buying as a kid, and it's now finally complete after 2 something years of hunting, just a little gutted because i'm missing a sealed sticker packet to go with my WWF Superstars album, been looking for 2 years and still ain't found one. :cry: So the collection is only one packet away from completion but for now i'll have to live with it and pretend it's complete.

Enjoy! :)

This was a fantasy partwork magazine which included pieces to put towards a role playing game, with pieces of map to cut out, gameboard pieces to put together, playing cards, game rules and spell cards etc. Each magazine also had stories and some of them were gruesome, with every single page filled out with awesome pencil & watercolour artwork like what's seen on the front cover of issue 1, along with hidden objects to find on some pages and other little tasks, the 1st issue came in this gorgeous glossy 'double fold out' folder, this series was awesome.
1_phixr.jpg

2_phixr.jpg

3_phixr.jpg

Kylie gets her..... what?! :lol:
4_phixr.jpg

5_phixr.jpg

Had to get this issue because it was the only one I could find with a free gift still attached, I specifically remember buying this one too. FYI, the Skittles have all fused into one big mush, one for an Ashens video maybe. :lol:
6_phixr.jpg

7_phixr.jpg

8_phixr.jpg

9_phixr.jpg

10_phixr.jpg

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
Great stuff!

I completed the WWF album after that one with the blue cover with my little brother (I pretended they were for him!)

I was also a big Beano fan as a kid, along with Dandy, Whizzer & Chips, Topper and Buster.

Anyone remember 'Oink!' comic in the 80's?

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Nice items , what kid would not eat the skittles, must be the only one in the world with the sweets still attached, Ashens would eat them when he eats 40 year old spaghetti hoops and chilly beans, :D I still have a full set of garbage pail stickers series 1 and 2 that I nicked off my sister in the late 80's she still has no idea I have them :lol:

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
bosk70 said:
Nice items , what kid would not eat the skittles, must be the only one in the world with the sweets still attached, Ashens would eat them when he eats 40 year old spaghetti hoops and chilly beans, :D I still have a full set of garbage pail stickers series 1 and 2 that I nicked off my sister in the late 80's she still has no idea I have them :lol:
love any viz "kylie gets her tits out especially for you" classic :wink: don't know if they would get away with that today

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
bosk70 said:
bosk70 said:
love any viz "kylie gets her tits out especially for you" classic :wink: don't know if they would get away with that today
Absolutely loved Viz in the 80s and 90s, always bought the Summer Special to take on holiday.
And yes they are still getting away with it: http://viz.co.uk

subzero

Sith Lord
Thanks guys.

Dr_Ball_MD - Ah well at least your brother got to enjoy it thinking he owned the album :lol: .. my older brother did the opposite with me and came around with one of his mates one night to swap some of his stickers with mine, and with being only young I wasn't wise enough to know if I was being swindled or not and it was all happening so fast I couldn't keep track of what was happening. Well after a load of swapping with my bro's mate I looked at all my stickers laid out on the floor after they left and the ****er took loads of my shiny ones that I didn't want to swap and all the best characters that everyone wanted, so I reckon he swiped a load into his pocket without me noticing, I was left with just a load of **** ones at the end of it. :evil:

bosk70 - I was wondering that too about the Skittles, i'd love to know the backstory of why they never got touched, because even if you don't want the Skittles then at least you'd take them off anyway to either give to someone else or bin them. I can't see anyone leaving them attached to the front if they're gonna read it as it would be annoying with them stuck on, so i'm guessing this is just old unsold stock that stayed in storage somewhere for a while.

Mini99 - I was introduced to Viz at about 10 years old by one of my mates older brother, he used to regularly buy them and when I went round to their house i'd have a look at some of them, this 'Kylie' issue that iv'e bought for my collection is the same issue of the one I found dumped on the floor with a pile of newspapers and magazines next to my local paper shop :lol: I was well excited that I had my own Viz comic.

I also remember the Viz demo tape I had on the C64 and remember being amazed that it had a couple of swear words in text in the speech bubbles, I think I remember seeing the word "bollocks". It was the first time I ever saw bad words in a computer game and I thought it was shocking and the best thing ever. :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom