Moon landing madness

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
A big reason for believing in the Apollo moon missions is that "the man" says so. If you are of the mindset to challenge what is dished up by governments, the media and organisations such as NASA and believe in very big conspiracies, certain doubts can enter your mind.

With the Apollo missions, most of the arguments for and against are beyond my experience. People say that the Van Allen radiation belts surrounding the Earth are deadly (Apollo is the only mission to claim to have penetrated it) but others say it is relatively harmless. It has been claimed that it would have been impossible for the astronauts to survive in their thin space suits and in the Eagle lander on the Moon (especially the amount of battery power required) but others say that it was possible. It has been said that too many people would have to keep silent in a conspiracy but only a few people actually had access to information on the entire mission. Astronomers bounce laser beams off a mirror said to have been left by the astronauts but people claim that this can be done without a mirror being there. Recent photographs have been taken of the landing sites via satellite but with CGI technology fakery is of course very easy (but leads to suggestions of an even bigger conspiracy). The huge issue of the semi-weightless footage appearing to be at normal gravity when speeded up x 2 is explained away too by experts.

There are entirely practical issues which cast doubt in my mind as follows;

Why did the astronauts get out and explore on their first mission? It would have been enough of a triumph to simply land and take off again. They got out and began walking around as casually as they would have done here on Earth.

How could the astronauts stay for days on the Moon? There was no air lock on the Eagle lander as far as I am aware, so the astronauts had to put on their suits, decompress the entire ship and the recompress it after they got back in again. Wouldn't there have been a build up of potentially harmful dust and radiation? Did they keep their suits on for several days?

As far as I am aware there is no film footage or photographs of life inside the Eagle lander during the stay on the Moon, not even of the Astronauts exiting and re-entering the ship. Such footage would have been extremely valuable (especially for the TV coverage) of preparing meals in partial gravity and bedding down for rest periods. There was a colour TV camera available which the Apollo crews used to film inside their craft.

Considering the harsh environment on the Moon, why did astronauts drive around in a Moon Buggy, especially at fairly high speed? The vehicle did not even have a roll cage which is essential on Earth. Would astronauts really risk travelling far away from the Eagle, with the constant danger of instant death via crashing, rolling and falling into hidden ravines? The buggy was simply used for Moon "joy rides" which seem massively reckless.

These issues combined with the Van Allen belt and the speeding up of moon landing footage looking as if it was filmed on Earth (I'd recommend anyone check it out) points me towards the Apollo missions being a huge hoax. With so much money spent and reputations on the line, there seems to be the reason to have concocted one. I am not an expert or very technically minded so please forgive me if I have been the victim of cleverly concocted conspiracy theories. I have an open mind on the subject!

Any thoughts?

x-pack

Grand Master
I've seen that show on TV about the moon landings being fake and stuff. Watching things like that kind of makes you believe it. Then you start to think about all the other **** we could be being lied to about. It's crazy and I reckon we'll never know.

With the moon landing, if it was a staged thing shot in some studio somewhere, then surely there are literally hundreds of people who know. How come no-one has come out with irrefutable proof? To be honest i'm more concerned about the lies in religion, money and those who run the country now. It's all part and parcel of the same system though.

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
x-pack said:
I've seen that show on TV about the moon landings being fake and stuff. Watching things like that kind of makes you believe it. Then you start to think about all the other **** we could be being lied to about. It's crazy and I reckon we'll never know.

With the moon landing, if it was a staged thing shot in some studio somewhere, then surely there are literally hundreds of people who know. How come no-one has come out with irrefutable proof? To be honest i'm more concerned about the lies in religion, money and those who run the country now. It's all part and parcel of the same system though.

Great points there. I'm listening.

I don't think that it is beyond the realms of possibility that a small group of film makers could keep a secret. There is that famous "in-joke" in Diamonds Are Forever were James Bond discovers the Moon landings being filmed and steals the astronaut's vehicle!

I can see why people claim that front screen projection was used to film moonscape backgrounds but Kubrick being involved? I don't know. The apparent references to Apollo in The Shining do seem to be very convincing.

What concerns me is that the general public may be being sold a lie, with the Van Allen belts and the radiation in space from the Sun possibly making a trip to Mars and beyond by humans absolutely impossible.

Isn't that the biggest conspiracy theory of them all? Governments convincing the public that they need to spend money on grandiose projects that have no worth (or simply add it to the nation's credit card bill). I'd chuck all publically funded space spending in the dustbin. As for landing space probes on to comets, don't get me started!

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
All of the conspiracies surrounding filming and photograph errors are all very easily debunked themselves.

Fact is we can see the base landers up there on the new photos taken a few years back.

Jason

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
Are you certain that the images that you're looking at are authentic and not CGI? As I said, I'm not an expert but it may come down to if you want to believe in NASA and other space agencies or not. Crafting CGI images could be seen as a cover up that would convince most people. Pointing a telescope at the Moon from Earth that can pick up the landing sites would convince all of the disbelievers.

I'm willing to listen to positive reasons for space research by the way if people want to list any.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Definitely a hoax, we all know the moon is made of cheese :wink:

Edit...not being disrespectful, just couldn't resist :D

itfciain

Grand Master
I think we are conditioned to believe what we are told - I guess with the idea that it makes for a more harmonious society

On one hand, it has always amazed me that we managed to land people on the moon with the technology that was available in the 1960s yet with todays kit we don't get close. - although I do understand the arguments (mainly cost/risk) as to why we don't try now

I guess the I'd like to believe that we did

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
The Moon landings were fake. :roll: of course they were, it's just a big conspiracy between the government and the Crab people.

FFS it took the US how long to find one man on dialysis in Afghanistan/Pakistan and you expect me to believe they could concoct and pull off something like fabricating the moon landings. AND keep it quiet for 50 odd years! Aye, dead on.

Do you not think the Russians or the Chinese would have quite happily exposed it long ago?

I'm the most cynical ****er you'll find but this kinda stuff is just paranoid delusions.

x-pack

Grand Master
itfciain said:
I think we are conditioned to believe what we are told - I guess with the idea that it makes for a more harmonious society

On one hand, it has always amazed me that we managed to land people on the moon with the technology that was available in the 1960s yet with todays kit we don't get close. - although I do understand the arguments (mainly cost/risk) as to why we don't try now

I guess I'd like to believe that we did

This is absolutely true - if you really want to look for evidence suggesting that man never did land on the moon in the 60's then you only have to look at the available tech. Mind blowing if they did actually get there :shock:

Austin.jpg

60scomputer.jpg

I also hope they did make it to the moon but I have a feeling we are constantly being lied to, or at least kept in the dark about almost everything we think we know about the way the world works. Maybe we don't need to know. It's a bit like the scene in the Matrix when Cypher says, "I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss" - what good can come out of possession the irrefutable knowledge that our government lied to us, and continues to lie to us?

I believe that your average person on the street rarely thinks about the complexities of the world and the systems put in place to control it's population - money, religion, law. What good would it do them to know for sure? We might end up having to think for ourselves.

I like this quote - "none are more hopelessly enslaved than are those who falsely believe that they are free". I also like the philosophy that society needs a common enemy to survive. ****, we're given those all the time. Control, control, control. It's a very funny thing indeed

Grant

Sith Lord
When it comes to the powers that be, the same powers that run the world. Their all ****ing liars. I'm pretty cynical too. When it comes to these ****ers nothing would surprise me. I'd like to think that the landings were real but they were at that time in the middle of the Cold War and there was a space race so by the U.S. coming out on top they were basically sayings to their common enemy that we won that race. Who knows ?...

Edit... In the 1960's the U.S. couldn't build a car that turned a proper corner or stop lol, again who knows tho.

PGowdy

Grand Master
mr_palitoy said:
All of the conspiracies surrounding filming and photograph errors are all very easily debunked themselves.

Fact is we can see the base landers up there on the new photos taken a few years back.

Jason

Yeah, it's all utter nonsense. People are too quick to believe a conspiracy without actually looking into the facts. Believing man didn't land on the moon is akin to believing Aliens make crop circles. There are lots of programs about those to featuring equally spurious "facts" and "evidence".

And it's not just "the man" who informs the public that man did land on the moon but also scientists, astronomers and all sorts of other learned people with no reason whatsoever to lie.

There's a station in the states somewhere whose job it is to figure out how far the moon is from the earth on any given day. They do this by firing a laser at the moon which hits a reflective panel and then returns to earth. By timing this they can work out the exact distance of the moon from the earth. The reflective panels were, obviously, placed on the surface of the moon by one of the many astronauts to have walked on the surface. If it were not the laser would obviously not be able to return to earth.

This is just one of a million bits of actual evidence that the surface of the moon has at some point been walked on and interacted with but it's one of those things a conspiracy theorist would either not know about or hear and not be willing to accept it and so just ignore it.

On Mythbusters they tested every single one of the moon landing conspiracies and they, scientifically, busted every single one of them. Of course that's still not good enough for most but personally i'll take science over hearsay and conjecture every time.

Richard_H

Grand Master
The technology used and tested by NASA has been utilised in virtually all of our technology today. Scanning equipment in hospitals have come on leaps and bounds.

ODB

Jedi Master
I intently dislike moon landing hoaxes. The biggest simple test that they all fall down on is that the USSR was the arch rival and they had the means and tech to show up any attempted hoax. Yet not once have they ever claimed that the US faked the whole thing and it would have been in their interest to expose any fakery.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
What about the moon rocks that were brought back, scientists from all over the world have studied them and not one has said that rock was scoretched when it entered the Earths atmosphere.

Also the Aussies would have had to be in on it as well, as they relaid radio messages to NASSA.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
I do not like to get into this subject with people I like because it often does not end well...

We went to the Moon, we landed on the Moon, we walked on the Moon. Get over it, if you really believe that we didn't bring it on!!!!! Bring any of the 'hoax claims' to me and I will show you it is complete bullshit...

Then we can move on to 911, Chemtrails and the illuminati :wink:

BTW mods, these threads will only lead to people falling out, keep an eye on them. :D

PGowdy

Grand Master
JuniorChubb said:
I do not like to get into this subject with people I like because it often does not end well...

We went to the Moon, we landed on the Moon, we walked on the Moon. Get over it, if you really believe that we didn't bring it on!!!!! Bring any of the 'hoax claims' to me and I will show you it is complete bullshit...

applause_zps1in9kz8s.gif

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
JuniorChubb said:

BTW mods, these threads will only lead to people falling out, keep an eye on them. :D

Agreed :)

But what about.......... :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom