Mandalorian Season 3

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Should have been Crimson Jack from the Star Wars Weekly Comics, rather than a pound store Swamp Thing.
Would've been a nice callback.
If I remember correct Crimson Jack died in the comics before the esb. and mandalorian is after rotj. So I don't think they could use him for the series :unsure:

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
If I remember correct Crimson Jack died in the comics before the esb. and mandalorian is after rotj. So I don't think they could use him for the series :unsure:
Yeah, I seem to remember he was killed off in the comics, but there's some bollocks on Wookiepedia about him being on the Galactic Starcruiser during the Sequel Trilogy era 🙄.

Who knows? Another case of Disney using a legacy character, to justify the existence of their godawful hotel/bunker.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Yeah, I seem to remember he was killed off in the comics, but there's some bollocks on Wookiepedia about him being on the Galactic Starcruiser during the Sequel Trilogy era 🙄.

Who knows? Another case of Disney using a legacy character, to justify the existence of their godawful hotel/bunker.
Yes maybe disney bring him back alive :rolleyes:

Hod10

Padawan
I thought the first episode was ok. Nothing too special but hoping it will get better. Nice to see it was full of aliens unlike Andor.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Well it finally arrived and I must admit, after eagerly awaiting this series to return, I did find it a bit of a mid season episode (at best). I wouldn't say it was the worst episode (hello Ep 4 Season 1 with the Samurai Seven/70's Incredible Hulk/A-Team/Kung-Fu......any series from the late 70's,early 80's storyline!), but even with it's big monster attack sequence, it all felt a little too familiar.

I won't go into the details, and did enjoy it, but let's see where this all goes. I'm sure it will pick up some weeks and drop off some of the others, but it's still all SW and I'm sure will have some great surprises along the way, so I'll be there until the end.

Ian

DreadMack

Padawan
Supporter
I enjoyed elements of it however it was all over the place, to many threads in the same episode. The pirates were utter crap but they look like they were inserted to be in a future toy run. I did enjoy the fact the name was a nod to Charles Vane the famous English pirate though.
If the whole season is just Mando's trials before getting to Mandalor for a bath I'll be pretty pissed off!

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I was a bit late to the party but loved it. It's Mando ain't it! Good to see him back in action. Watched it with my daughter and she was cracking up every time Grogu popped up in the little dome. We actually saw him yesterday…! In the flesh.. at Disneyland 😊 Loving all the Star Wars and Marvel stuff here, right up my alley 👍

Attachments

• 1E247D19-A98C-4158-A88C-2782FA8A140A.jpeg
    1E247D19-A98C-4158-A88C-2782FA8A140A.jpeg
    406.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 54A1F9A9-99B4-4D5F-B090-87E90284C128.jpeg
    54A1F9A9-99B4-4D5F-B090-87E90284C128.jpeg
    425.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 6C4C72AF-0554-4CFB-AA44-661A4055AE23.jpeg
    6C4C72AF-0554-4CFB-AA44-661A4055AE23.jpeg
    207.6 KB · Views: 41

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I was a bit late to the party but loved it. It's Mando ain't it! Good to see him back in action. Watched it with my daughter and she was cracking up every time Grogu popped up in the little dome. We actually saw him yesterday…! In the flesh.. at Disneyland 😊 Loving all the Star Wars and Marvel stuff here, right up my alley 👍
Excellent! I love it :)

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
A better second episode, with some great imagery, but it still dragged a bit for me.
Din gets attacked and needs his ass saving...rinse and repeat. Less filler and just get on with story FFS.
Still enjoyable though and hoping it steps up a gear.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Last week Pirates of the Caribbean, this week we had the Morlocks from "The Time Machine"…. Just not sure where this is going?
Did he really need to stop at the Junk shop to pick up a droid?
At least Hasbro can re use the mould again for another re paint. 🙄
Mediocre in my opinion, but most will lap it up
Give me "The last of us" any day.

Last edited:

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Did he really need to stop at the Junk shop to pick up a droid?

Exactly, this is what really grips my sh!t.
Superfluous scenes that add nothing to the story and are there just to pad out the runtime.
With the advent of streaming, I think the art of storytelling has suffered. Storylines that go nowhere and pointless filler.
What could have been told in a concise two hour movie, gets needlessly stretched out because they need 'content' 🙄.

Last edited:

Palifan

Sith Lord
I agree that it was a better second episode and I didn't even mind the humorous first part to it (hopefully he's stopped the need for IG-11now as that really didn't make a lot of sense to ?!). It does make me laugh how much Mando gets his ass handed to him, he would have died a dozen times over by now if it wasn't for someone else nearby saving him.

I'm hoping this is starting to move things in the right direction now and I did enjoy that weird eyeball robot thing, a bit matrix but at least something different. Oh and I also appreciated the aliens not speaking english like the OT, I think that's what put me off of last weeks pirates so much.

Ian

Latest posts

Top Bottom