M.A.S.K. Collection - Updated 29th Sep 2017

jackabina

Sith Lord
I thought of you at a car boot on sunday Matt. There was loads of M.A.S.K stuff. It was all broken though..............................Gutted :(

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Shucks :)
To be fair I have had to buy quite a few vehicles to do this as most were missing bits or broken but the great thing about these toys is the clip together so I have got my complete vehicles here and a large number of partials which go back out on Evilbay for others doing the same. Doesn't really pay for itself but does minimise some costs.
I keep meaning to hit up a boot sale at some point but not to common in central London :)

jackabina

Sith Lord
It seems to be coming on nicely. There's loads of boot sales here in rural Norfolk. I'll keep an eye out :wink:

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Here is the source of the entire MASK thing for me. The original DC issues, the four part mini-serise is complete and i have No's 2 - 9 of the run, only No1 to find, which is easy enough.
Also managed to find the final one of the figure two pack, which is enroute and a boxed Gator at the right price but i do need to find the top gun somewhere.
Upto around episode 80 of the cartoon now :) (honestly i have a life...) Enjoyable as it has been to watch these there are a few issues creaping into my mind. 1 - What was Venom all about, really worst terorists ever... 2 - When Rax ejects his sub he always leaves the bike bit behind, really how many of those bikes has he got, the running cost must be through the roof. :)

Attachments

• comics.jpg
    comics.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 39

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Latest aquisition - the last of the first five cards - and my fav :)

Attachments

• Bruceand Brad.jpg
    Bruceand Brad.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 29

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
OK, this has to be it for a while, actually to complete a set of serise 1 and 2 boxes and card i only need a band full of things now, plus a few loose figures which i am thinking of making somesort of display thing for. anyway. we now have:
Switchblade - Boxed
Manta - Boxed
Firecracker - Boxed
Vampire - Boxed
Bruce Sato - Carded
Miles Mayhem - Carded
Scott Trakker & T-Bob - Carded

Attachments

• MASK044.jpg
    MASK044.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 121

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Been a long tiime since i posted on this thread and the Matt Trakker Card has been seen on another thread but i thought it would be cool to put all ten MOC's together and show them off. They are not a perfect set, the Jungle Patrol is damaged and the Sly and Rax two pack has some bubble issue but overall this is a nice complete set of serise 1 and 2. given that the next two waves are getting into last 17 price it might be a very long time before i go down that road. But her you go :)

Attachments

• MASKLINEUP.jpg
    MASKLINEUP.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 110

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Awesome stuff Matt, I love M.A.S.K just as much as Star Wars. Had a few as a kid, I used to play with 'Rhino' all day every day. Have thought about collecting a few bits but the wife would definately divorce me. :D

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
This is really bringing a thread back from the dead but nearly 4 years after starting my little M.A.S.K collection I finally bought Firefly and Stilleto, both complete and boxed, which I think sees me done for serise 1 and 2 (will need to double check that though).

Double checked - damn it, Raven, Outlaw, Volcano & Slingshot are all listed as serise 2 vehicles... The first three are quite cool, but slingshot was pants, and all are quite hard to find boxed - still I've started so I will finish... One day :)

I also have a very cool looking IDW Revolution Hasbro SDCC box set on the way (will most that one up) which as jeeps of characters from the recent crossover event including the new look Matt Trakker.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    148.2 KB · Views: 92

Palifan

Sith Lord
I don't remember this series of toys (or cartoon), at all growing up, it must have been released just after my time or just not on my radar for some reason. It's a great collection though and it took me a while to realize that they're of a smaller scale than 3.75 SW.

Really love the artwork and the way the vehicles all have some special action to them and know if I had been aware of them I would have loved them growing up.
Nice to see you're still working on the set and although it's a shame you thought you'd completed it, at least it means you've still got a few more to hunt down and find (which can me fun and maddening at the same time!

Ian

ODB

Jedi Master
I do like MASK, I don't really remember the cartoon but the toys are vividly engrained on my memory, not least the massive (well it seemed like that at the time) display in Army and Navy in Bromley High Street. I think I still have some of the comics somewhere.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
So, a bit more than just a M.A.S.K. Toy, although I bought this due to the Matt Trakker figure and the tie in with the Revolution cross over story (really good read by the way).

It is massive....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 65

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Out of order, in terms of when I bought it. I think this was another comic con exclusive, but can't remember which one. Must have been a few years back, very nice stand alone figure, and plays into the early thinking from Hasbro as to how they wanted to fold M.A.S.K into G I Joe.

There are some early nods to how the final outfit looks in the new comics, but obviously this was based on the 80's character.

So hope we see a new toy line next year, there have been rumblings for a while but nothing yet...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 49

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Two more down and I have figures crossed for a winning bid on anther today. The inclusion of Iguana now means a full set of serise 3 vehicles needs to be added... And of course that will lead to chasing down the final wave of carded figures, which were exclusive to 'mainland Europe' and cost more than most vintage figures and are twice as rare... Anyway, the good news is the vehicles are not, and while I am noticing prices have defiantly increased, maybe 30% from five years ago, they are still reasonable enough, only the odd one breaks £100.

I never had rather of these as a kid, but always wanted Volcano, it was a beast of a toy 30 years ago, flip action conversion, motorized, great toy. This one still works, although I wouldn't like to push the motor too much, seems on its last legs. No stickers, which is a shame and the box is beat to ****. Oh, I also picked up a spare which has seen better days, so that will be going up for sale soon, 99p and see where it ends up.

The iguana is minty, even still has its cardboard infers inside the box :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 39

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Next up a little freebie... Well, in reality I have spent so much via eBay I clocked up a 60 voucher...
Anyway, nice enough version, sadly the missable mechanism isn't working, but looks great.

Only Outlaw and Slingshot to go on serise 2, quite a lot on serise 3 though :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 27
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom