Luke Stormtrooper blaster.

olisuds

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
olisuds said:
And another thing, is it the seller responsibility to point out whether it is black or blue black? Perhaps they don't know

It is if they've claimed it was the correct black blaster, I asked the guy I bought the one I posted from and he was 100% convinced it was the black one.

Yep I'm in agreement here.

olisuds said:
At the end of the day its the sellers responsibility to ensure it is genuine vintage and to not make false claims that it is black when it isn't but I think anything more than that they can be forgiven for.

The problem is, it's not that easy to tell and like you mentioned he was 100% convinced it was black so he wasn't deliberately trying to mislead. Blue/black blasters look black, especially to the untrained eye or a novice collector. Not everyone's going to go the effort of shining a torch underneath the blaster to discern whether a black looking blaster is actually truly 100% black.

At the end of the day ignorance isnt an excuse for misleading someone but you can appreciate how easily it can happen. I'd personally only ever buy one from a knowledgable collector or a collector that confirmed its black with a torch or provided photos as evidence. If you're buying it off the average Joe blogs on eBay its a bit of a lottery.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Thank god he only came with one variation of helmet! He did diden't he? :? :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom