Luke Stormtrooper blaster.

skywalker

Jedi Master
Hi Guy's,

I know it has been covered before but I have read a lot of conflicting opinions on the color of the Luke Stormtrooper blaster.

Some say the figure only came with a solid black blaster but others say it came with a dark blue one too, does anyone know 100% which is true I do not want to get the wrong blaster when buying this figure loose.

Also if it did come with a dark blue blaster is this dramatically different from a regular stormtrooper blaster.

Pic's and help appreciated.

Cheer's

Dean.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
It should come with a black blaster. Some trilogos were packed with blue black blasters but these are considered weapon errors which are relatively common for all trilogos.

Getting the correct blaster for this figure is a bitch, good luck!

skywalker

Jedi Master
Clarkspie&chips said:
It should come with a black blaster. Some trilogos were packed with blue black blasters but these are considered weapon errors which are relatively common for all trilogos.

Cheers mate,

Almost every loose one I have seen has the dark blue blaster and as you have mentioned the seller is saying it is the Tri-logo version.

How can we be sure that this is a weapon error though.?

Joe

Grand Master
skywalker said:
Clarkspie&chips said:

Cheers mate,

Almost every loose one I have seen has the dark blue blaster and as you have mentioned the seller is saying it is the Tri-logo version.

I've chimed in on this subject a few times on FB before. I think I said it over there too but I knew that we would soon see sellers claiming their figure was "the Trilogo version" simply because he has been found on some Trilogo cards with the blue blaster.

IMO all loose collectors should pair their loose figures with the weapons Kenner intended them to be paired with and nothing else.

For me this is all just nonsense that gives dealers a great excuse for not selling you the right weapon (which is conveniently harder to find and more expensive). I mean if we suddenly start using Trilogos as a reference for loose figures then all Yaks should be considered complete without ANY weapon and you shouldn't feel bad pairing Luke Farmboy with a yellow bespin saber..yet nobody does!

Most important thing to remember is that while there are Trilogos out there with blue blasters there are also Trilogos out there with black blasters. Black is correct and anything else is a substitute.

skywalker

Jedi Master
Joe said:
skywalker said:
Clarkspie&chips said:

Cheers mate,

I've chimed in on this subject a few times on FB before. I think I said it over there too but I knew that we would soon see sellers claiming their figure was "the Trilogo version" simply because he has been found on some Trilogo cards with the blue blaster.

IMO all loose collectors should pair their loose figures with the weapons Kenner intended them to be paired with and nothing else.

For me this is all just nonsense that gives dealers a great excuse for not selling you the right weapon (which is conveniently harder to find and more expensive). I mean if we suddenly start using Trilogos as a reference for loose figures then all Yaks should be considered complete without ANY weapon and you shouldn't feel bad pairing Luke Farmboy with a yellow bespin saber..yet nobody does!

Most important thing to remember is that while there are Trilogos out there with blue blasters there are also Trilogos out there with black blasters. Black is correct and anything else is a substitute.

Thanks Joe, so do the Tri Logo's come with a black blaster or only the Dark Blue..?

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
They've been found with both and probably every other blaster besides! The majority are black though as this was the intended accessory.

I recently asked a number of trilogo collectors what their luke stormies had as mine is packaged with a black blue blaster. I had a hunch they all came packaged way as the droids line wasn't released here (the only other figures with black imperial blasters). Alas everyone elses answer was black so my theory was out of the window. :cry:

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Is always this specific shape/mould :
sdc13614.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
skywalker said:
Hi Guy's,

I know it has been covered before but I have read a lot of conflicting opinions on the color of the Luke Stormtrooper blaster.

Some say the figure only came with a solid black blaster but others say it came with a dark blue one too, does anyone know 100% which is true I do not want to get the wrong blaster when buying this figure loose.

Also if it did come with a dark blue blaster is this dramatically different from a regular stormtrooper blaster.

Cheer's

Dean.

Hi Dean, I would say Tri-logo had a blue black blaster and POTF had a black blaster. I have found some in danish childhood collections. POTF was not sold in Denmark and I have never found a black stormie blaster in a danish childhood collection.

We still need some great pictures of the blaster on some moc in the guide so we can confirm which variant of the blue black blaster that is the correct one for luke stormie.

We also have a luke stormie guide on the forum if you can use that, see the link :D http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24209

skywalker

Jedi Master
Pomse2001 said:
skywalker said:
Hi Guy's,

Cheer's

Dean.

Hi Dean, I would say Tri-logo had a blue black blaster and POTF had a black blaster. I have found some in danish childhood collections. POTF was not sold in Denmark and I have never found a black stormie blaster in a danish childhood collection.

We still need some great pictures of the blaster on some moc in the guide so we can confirm which variant of the blue black blaster that is the correct one for luke stormie.

We also have a luke stormie guide on the forum if you can use that, see the link :D http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24209

Thanks lars, Yeah that's what I am hearing the true weapon is the imperial Black blaster however it does come on the tri-logo with the dark Blue blaster so people find this an acceptable blaster to accompany the figure.

To be honest if given the choice I would choose the Black one however it would not bother me to have one with the dark Blue as it was packaged with this so therefore I look at it as a weapon variation.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
skywalker said:
Pomse2001 said:
skywalker said:
Hi Guy's,

Cheer's

Dean.

Thanks lars, Yeah that's what I am hearing the true weapon is the imperial Black blaster however it does come on the tri-logo with the dark Blue blaster so people find this an acceptable blaster to accompany the figure.

To be honest if given the choice I would choose the Black one however it would not bother me to have one with the dark Blue as it was packaged with this so therefore I look at it as a weapon variation.

I am not sure about if there is a true weapon. I have never seen a tri-logo with a black blaster so as you also write a weapon variation.
I am not sure all blue black blasters can be found on the tri-logo because there is also variants of the blue black blaster. Maybe it is only
one variant of the blue black blaster that can be found on the tri-logo :?

I hope in the future we or somebody can add great pictures of a moc with a blaster from a tri-logo and a potf to the guide. That would help a lot :wink:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Does anybody have a photo of a correct black blaster with a light shone through it, to prove it should not have a blue outline? I have just bought a loose one which allegedly had the correct blaster, it certainly looks black in the flesh but there is a very faint blue tint at the edges under light.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
Does anybody have a photo of a correct black blaster with a light shone through it, to prove it should not have a blue outline? I have just bought a loose one which allegedly had the correct blaster, it certainly looks black in the flesh but there is a very faint blue tint at the edges under light.

And that's the trick. I've personally not seen a proper black blaster on a Trilogo. I'm absolutely not saying they don't exist nor am I saying James' photos isn't of one, but you just can't tell unless it's held against a bright light. Joe has more experience in Trilogos than I will ever have in my little finger and if he (or anyone else for that matter) says they exist I won't argue with that, but I would like I see one to compare it with mine. My Trilogo Luke Storm looks like it's got a proper solid black blaster but hold it against the light and the blue halo appears.

I think a lot of what are being reported as solid black blasters are blue black. And maybe some reported as blue black are actually solid black. The problem is interpretation and comparison. I've not had the two types in my hand at the same time to compare.

I'm sure this arises from the flashing. At some point all substances, if thin enough, become translucent. These solid black blasters: what colour do they show when they become thin enough, i.e. have some flashing around them? Blue? Quite possibly.

Perhaps someone going to the next FF can arrange a bit of a practical! Everyone who has a loose Luke storm and correct pattern blaster, or even better, a Trilogo MOC Luke could bring them down for comparison? If nothing else it would make a brilliant photo :)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
ScruffyLookingNH said:
I'm sure this arises from the flashing. At some point all substances, if thin enough, become translucent. These solid black blasters: what colour do they show when they become thin enough, i.e. have some flashing around them? Blue? Quite possibly.

Yes that's exactly what I'm thinking, I would like to see evidence that the proper black blaster shows no blue whatsoever before I kick up a fuss with the seller. I will check my MOC one when I get home.

Palifan

Sith Lord
I also get confussed about the barrel being rounded but think that maybe it's a Taiwan Fett one also used for the Droids Fett (due to the square barrel). Does it look slightly grey black in colour?

By the way I could be talking nonsense :lol:

Ian

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Edd that is a V4 (square barrel end) different again to the V5 (Taiwan blaster) & neither of those have been found MOC with a Luke stormie.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1109809/

Pomse2001

Grand Master
aussiejames said:
Edd that is a V4 (square barrel end) different again to the V5 (Taiwan blaster) & neither of those have been found MOC with a Luke stormie.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1109809/

Looks like the same blaster as I have in the luke stormie guide http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24209

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom