LUKE STORMTROOPER BLACK BLASTER

Darthgulliver

Padawan
Iam looking for a bit of advice and to bring something up in conversation the topic is the luke storm black blaster. I have tri logo carded luke storm and a graded AFA 85 luke storm which I bought because I was sick and tired of getting the blue black blaster sent when I purchased the figure . The AFA graded luke storm turned up with yet again a blue/ black blaster. Iam not showing off but I have quite a few luke storms loose all of which have a blue/ black blasters iam now starting to wonder whether the black exists. If somebody could show me a picture of this blaster it would be much appreciated and if I have a graded blue black and a tri logo with the same how can it be argued that this weapon is incorrect. Any advice would be appreciated thanks Tony.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm sure more knowledgeable than me will chip in, but my reading of it is the solid black blaster is recognised as the Luke Stormtrooper correct blaster ( was also released with Droids figures Thall Joben and Kez Iban)

Tri logo mocs have surfaced with blue black blaster but TL are renowned for errors in packaging, so pinch of salt with that IMO

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
You will find pictures and useful info, including commentary on the blue-black blaster here: http://www.imperialgunnery.com/imperialblasters.htm

Hope it helps :)

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
My MOC Tri-logo Luke Stormie has the solid black blaster. Apparently that solid black blaster is a bitch to find! My dealer mate reckons they can sell for £60 :shock: which seems ridiculous :!:
I thought the Luke Stormie came with both :?: Then again if we r talking Tri-logo it wouldn't surprise me to c a MOC Luke with an Amanaman staff :lol:

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
Pure black luke stormtrooper / Kez Iban / Thall Joben blasters have been selling for upwards of £100 on Facebook recently. It's all gone a bit pete tong lol.

My loose Luke stormtrooper has a pure black blaster but my Trilogo has a dark blue. The comparison is clear side by side it's the same colour as Ackbars staff or Zuckuss rifle.

jayums

Jedi Master
Dannywhiteley said:
Pure black luke stormtrooper / Kez Iban / Thall Joben blasters have been selling for upwards of £100 on Facebook recently. It's all gone a bit pete tong lol.

My loose Luke stormtrooper has a pure black blaster but my Trilogo has a dark blue. The comparison is clear side by side it's the same colour as Ackbars staff or Zuckuss rifle.

I would also urge anyone with the droids Mocs with these blasters not to sell them too cheaply unless you know the buyer is a good sort and won't rip the thing open. Given the silly prices the loose black blaster is fetching, I suspect the droids Mocs could become endangered - saw a joben moc go for 60 on eBay a week or so back, and the loose gun is 100 on its own. Recipe for disaster.
I sold a Luke stormie with the correct blaster the other week on here for far too much money than it is worth, but the reality is it becomes impossible to lower the price, because realistically you know how easy it would be for the buyer to flip for an instant profit elsewhere. The loose supply of these just doesn't match the demand for them... I find It a tad strange because it isn't the most expensive moc in the world (and always see a lot of them about), so to me the moc seems much better value?

jayums

Jedi Master
Mr-shifter said:
One sold on Facebook last week for £110. Absolutely ridiculous.

Totally agree. For me, they are just not something to get that excited about (especially when you have to look so closely to spot a correct one!). You could buy a whole bunch of lovely minty figures for the same price, or a nice moc. I think I would just make do with a loose Luke stormie with a regular blaster (which they came with in a lot of cases) and put the 110 towards the Luke stormie Moc.

yoda

Sith Lord
Just checked a moc was selling around £70-80 about 8-10 years ago :roll: if only I knew at the time.
It's going to be a hard slog trying to complete my collection with these costs.

jayums

Jedi Master
yoda said:
Just checked a moc was selling around £70-80 about 8-10 years ago :roll: if only I knew at the time.
It's going to be a hard slog trying to complete my collection with these costs.

I don't think there is such a thing as a 'complete' collection, so don't worry about it :lol: and stuff like having a black blaster - rather than making do with a black blaster with a slightly blue tinge - isn't really going to make your collection any more or less complete in the grand scheme of things. I reckon its best to just pick up stuff patiently at a price you are comfortable with paying; as there is no enjoyment to be had in seeing a collection as a slog or a money pit.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
This is a much discussed topic but it seems the European luke stormies (trilogo) came packed with either black or blue/black blasters (perhaps in even numbers?) but the potf version only with the black and therefore is considered the correct version.
In that respect the correct combo should be with the black blaster but there clearly isn't enough around for everyone to pair their loose stormie with one (without destroying droids mocs). My opinion, from a British collectors point of view, is that a blue black is fine and likely the same conclusion afa have come to if they're grading them this way (not withstanding their reputation for mistakes :oops:).

The same argument can be had with yak face and the nikto staff.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
£100 upwards :eek: just incredible :!: Never thought a common type blaster of a rare colour could command so much and bury the price of a real nice accessory like a Luke Stormie helmet, Amanaman staff or a Han Carbonite block etc but hey :!:

Jeditrooper

I bought a Luke Stormtrooper just the other day with the true black blaster for around £150. Yet last week on eBay a single black blaster sold for £110 by some dealer. If you have one keep it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom