Latest Modern Acquisitions

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
View attachment 182123
View attachment 182124

Been reassessing my collecting tastes and despite holding into my vintage loose run and a handful of key loose vehicles (including the daddy of them all; Rebel Transport) I've started to pick up a few of these beautiful modern items..
Yep, Hot Toys can be an eye watering price, but compared to recent MOC prices I'm feeling more enjoyment and therefore slightly more ease to buy them.
The detail all over them is insane… they display beautifully and the ability to dynamic pose if you so wish is quite a treat.
Others in the collection so far:
Kuill and the Blurrg
Mando and child
Lando
Luke Snowspeeder
Looking forward to posting more. Is there a specific Hot Toys showcase or buy and sell thread I've missed?
Welcome back Steve.
Leia is fantastic isn't she.
Do you have any on pre order?
I'm waiting for Luke Bespin, Padme and the Enforcer Droid (As I missed K2SO)
There isn't a dedicated HT thread that I'm aware of, I'm not sure how many on here collect these?

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Leia is brilliant and pretty reasonable still, unlike OG Leia which is astronomical cost wise now.
I have Luke Bespin fatigues (though he's really wearing Dagobah fatigues) deluxe version on pre-order.
I see some have started arriving, not had my final payment taken yet personally.
I'm probably going to get Mace Windu too.
Outside of that I'd like to find a reasonable priced Empire Vader and (almost impossible at a fair price) Han Solo OG

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Leia is brilliant and pretty reasonable still, unlike OG Leia which is astronomical cost wise now.
I have Luke Bespin fatigues (though he's really wearing Dagobah fatigues) deluxe version on pre-order.
I see some have started arriving, not had my final payment taken yet personally.
I'm probably going to get Mace Windu too.
Outside of that I'd like to find a reasonable priced Empire Vader and (almost impossible at a fair price) Han Solo OG
Good luck with Han at a fair price, the Han and Chewy two pack is also a great set, Mace is another good choice.
My Luke hasn't landed yet, I only went for the standard one.

Palifan

Sith Lord
View attachment 182123
View attachment 182124

Been reassessing my collecting tastes and despite holding into my vintage loose run and a handful of key loose vehicles (including the daddy of them all; Rebel Transport) I've started to pick up a few of these beautiful modern items..
Yep, Hot Toys can be an eye watering price, but compared to recent MOC prices I'm feeling more enjoyment and therefore slightly more ease to buy them.
The detail all over them is insane… they display beautifully and the ability to dynamic pose if you so wish is quite a treat.
Others in the collection so far:
Kuill and the Blurrg
Mando and child
Lando
Luke Snowspeeder
Looking forward to posting more. Is there a specific Hot Toys showcase or buy and sell thread I've missed?
Great couple of figures you've showcased here steve (the Leia is one that almost got me started on Hot Toys but I somehow managed to resist!), and good to see you back here. I hardly buy SW any more (although over the last couple of weeks I managed to pick up the part 2 box set for the first 12 retro figures, a train retro figure and Hasbro's early bird cardboard stand....maybe I am still in the game after all lol!?), but I've still hung out here daily, seeing what everyone's been finding and posting up the odd other toylike in the vintage section. Star Wars comes and goes for me at times where collecting's involved, but I still love watching all of the content that gets made and it's nice to be around like minded people. :)

Ian

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Couple of others in the embryonic collection that are worth sharing.
The biker scout started it all for me. Although it was a lot of money, it has so much value IMO. The bike itself is a work of art, the scout is amazing too. Scale wise it fills a Billy Bookcase shelf and needs nothing else to catch the eye… a real gaze grabber!

IMG_8444.jpeg

Also worth a mention from the collection is the Mando and Child set. Loads of accessories and posing opportunities, especially as he comes with a dynamic stand to enable him to be posed flying!
IMG_8485.jpeg

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Edging a little closer to complete.
The AT-DP is a frustration, in that once built it seems there is no easy way to take apart - although nothing wrong with the one here, it would just be nice to get it back in its box.
IMG_7955.jpeg
IMG_7957.jpeg

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
A few cool new ones.
I think I am only waiting on one more 2pack and they are done. But the only carded Hera figure (until the inevitable TVC Ahsoka show version)
The Disney set is sooo cool. Can't believe I missed this first time around
IMG_7974.jpeg
IMG_7975.jpeg

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
It was my boys 2nd birthday recently and he was lucky enough to get this fabulous present from @scooternick.

I realised I have become my own father because I'd stripped it from the box and put all the packaging in the recycling before I even thought of taking a picture. I hope the lad won't be annoyed I didn't grade it.

Attachments

• IMG_7106.jpeg
    IMG_7106.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 53

scooternick

Jedi Knight
It was my boys 2nd birthday recently and he was lucky enough to get this fabulous present from @scooternick.

I realised I have become my own father because I'd stripped it from the box and put all the packaging in the recycling before I even thought of taking a picture. I hope the lad won't be annoyed I didn't grade it.
Ha ha. Glad you went old school and opened it!!

lejackal

Grand Master
I reignited my love of the comic pack figures this week.
I'd love quite a few more but some of the prices make vintage last 15 look cheap 😳
6E3517A9-3A50-4F1E-BE4D-AA2CBB9D24AE.jpeg

lejackal

Grand Master
Nice! Sold all my modern figures years ago, there just became too many. Now all I have left are th modern first shot prototypes.
I've just cleared out a load of stuff as well, I just can't resist the modern Jedi/Sith/force user figures every now and again. I'd really like an Exar Kun from the EU but he's (in my mind) mental money for a modern figure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom