Latest Modern Acquisitions

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
So typically I detoured a little with this batch, the art work is wicked, the figures so bright and I am a sucker for animation, the last two from the line are on the way - at least it only had eight figures.
The commander Bly is fantastic as well
IMG_7917.jpeg

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Just watching it now and Hasbro really did us proud with the figures and vehicles. Remember us all going down to our local toy shop every week and finding new (and very cool) figures, good times

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
IMG_5915.jpeg

Realise this probably isn't the place for this post but -

Does anyone want any of the spare figures from the latest retro set?
I want R2 and 3PO, daughter wants the same plus Tusken, so rest are spare.
£71 per back so £12 a figure, let me know if anyone wants any (y)

lejackal

Grand Master
View attachment 181682
Realise this probably isn't the place for this post but -

Does anyone want any of the spare figures from the latest retro set?
I want R2 and 3PO, daughter wants the same plus Tusken, so rest are spare.
£71 per back so £12 a figure, let me know if anyone wants any (y)
Not for me but I'm sure you'll move them pretty easily

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Sadly these four seemed to suffer in shipping (or the sellers was less then honest) but a little sellotape and it is what it is - certainly not chasing replacements
But four nice figures nonetheless.
IMG_7925.jpeg

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
I won't say he was cheep, but compared to the two or three up on evilbay right now he was a bargain - shipping from the US sucked as normal though. Certainly the most expensive modern figure I have ever bought.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Another day another postal…
Mixed lot here. The final two millennium coin sets - which finishes off my POTF2 figure run. (Just some play sets to go) and a few more rebels figures and the ultra new Colt figure.
IMG_7945.jpeg

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Also to help with the collection, or enable it… depends on your view, I thought I'd try this book.
My initial thoughts are - lots of images which are nice, not a lot of detail on the items and from an editorial point of view the written listings are often pages away from the images they are referencing.
But, it's the first book I've found that presents the toys spanning such a time frame and it is a 'wish list' book rather than a guide. Price wise I think it was £40 so not too bad. Certainly worth the money …. Case in point - this book just showed me a set from the Disney crossover line I didn't have (I previously thought I was 💯) - so the book just cost me more money… 😀
IMG_7947.jpeg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
That looks a great book, never seen that before…off to eBay!

PS: Your Jedi Temple Guard looks amazing.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Also to help with the collection, or enable it… depends on your view, I thought I'd try this book.
My initial thoughts are - lots of images which are nice, not a lot of detail on the items and from an editorial point of view the written listings are often pages away from the images they are referencing.
But, it's the first book I've found that presents the toys spanning such a time frame and it is a 'wish list' book rather than a guide. Price wise I think it was £40 so not too bad. Certainly worth the money …. Case in point - this book just showed me a set from the Disney crossover line I didn't have (I previously thought I was 💯) - so the book just cost me more money… 😀
View attachment 182015
Thanks.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
IMG_9130.jpeg

IMG_9126.jpeg

Been reassessing my collecting tastes and despite holding into my vintage loose run and a handful of key loose vehicles (including the daddy of them all; Rebel Transport) I've started to pick up a few of these beautiful modern items..
Yep, Hot Toys can be an eye watering price, but compared to recent MOC prices I'm feeling more enjoyment and therefore slightly more ease to buy them.
The detail all over them is insane… they display beautifully and the ability to dynamic pose if you so wish is quite a treat.
Others in the collection so far:
Kuill and the Blurrg
Mando and child
Lando
Luke Snowspeeder
Looking forward to posting more. Is there a specific Hot Toys showcase or buy and sell thread I've missed?

Top Bottom