latest film/ dvd you have seen

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Watched Toy Story 4 the other day, Disney have flogged another franchise to death! Don't bother. :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
theforceuk said:
Watched Toy Story 4 the other day, Disney have flogged another franchise to death! Don't bother. :lol:

I watched 20 minutes of this on Disney+ the other evening...absolutely awful. :(

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
theforceuk said:

I watched 20 minutes of this on Disney+ the other evening...absolutely awful. :(

Yes we stuck with it out of loyalty to Woody! :lol:

x-pack

Grand Master
Push. 2009 film. Has anyone seen it? Looks like a bit of a budget film to me all about people with psychic abilities in a dystopian kind of future. It was ok. Suffered from a lack of likeable characters.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I've just sat through "Mad Max - Fury Road" ....I honestly don't know where to begin...just crap from the start to the finish...i suppose that I should have known better.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Mini99 said:
I've just sat through "Mad Max - Fury Road" ....I honestly don't know where to begin...just crap from the start to the finish...i suppose that I should have known better.

Glad I wasn't the only one. It's not the worst film ever, but it's just one chase scene and if you've seen one chase scene

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Just watched The Girl In The Spider Web, enjoyed it a lot, would give it a solid 7/10. Only 1hr 45min long as well.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Anyone else watching The Last Dance? I was a big basketball fan in the mid 90s, in fact I was more into it than football from around 95-98, so it's brought back a lot of great memories watching it. It's especially cool seeing all this old footage in high definition. And I'm even finding Micheal Jordan inspiring 20 odd years after he's retired, makes me think I should try working at something as hard as he did. Not sure if you'll enjoy it if you don't like basketball though.

lejackal

Grand Master
I only found out about it the other day, it's on my list. I used to watch the NBA on channel 4 in the nineties following the Hornets. Surprised to find out that Jordan is now the owner

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
lejackal said:
I used to watch the NBA on channel 4 in the nineties following the Hornets.

I was a Knicks fan at the time, for no other reason than I'd been to New York :) Yeah it was called NBA Raw, there's a few episodes on YouTube!

lejackal

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
lejackal said:
I used to watch the NBA on channel 4 in the nineties following the Hornets.

I was a Knicks fan at the time, for no other reason than I'd been to New York :) Yeah it was called NBA Raw, there's a few episodes on YouTube!

Pat Ewing was your star player then iirc?

Cool, I'll add them to the "to watch" list

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes and Charles Oakley as that was the kit I had, probably still at my mum and dads house somewhere!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes I'm about to watch the third episode now, very good. Remember the Bulls always being in the press over here in the 90's and had friends who followed them, but I never really new the ins and outs of what happened off the court.

x-pack

Grand Master
I joined a Video Nasty group on Facebook a while back. The reason was I wanted to find the title of a film I only had vague memories of from childhood. Turns out it was The Beyond, a film placed on the 'nasties' list but not banned outright.

What a superb film it turned out to be. An Italian horror by Lucio Fulci. Very gory but with a decent story a superbly shot set pieces.

A lot of the nasties are just ridiculous, but this was superb.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Have been watching I Shouldn't Be Alive. Both interesting and scary at the same time. The things people go though to survive is amazing.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
A week ago I found season 1 of Knight Rider from 1982 at a garage sale for less than £1 in uk money :lol: I thought, yes maybe it is time to watch it again. I have not seen it since I was maybe 8 years old in tv, I loved to see that tv series. So now it is time to see it with adult eyes and not kid eyes :lol: I have now seen a few episodes, ok the action is not that good but the series is not bad so far :lol: Maybe the action gets better later :lol:

800px-KITT_Interior_at_Toronto_Auto_Show_2011.jpg

2c8de12e980992cc66c45f130e95e2e5.jpg

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
José Padilha's Tropa de Elite Last night and just finished watching Theirs Is The Glory

If your into history the entire movie is available here, filmed immediately post war so many many small details in the filmsets/props are real, right down to the correct bunk bets in the Nissan huts among many things that are always missing from modern movies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiFeYxlPYy4

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Just started watching the 2nd season/series of What We Do In The Shadows. Still very funny and a guest appearance from Mark Hamill as Jim The Vampire!

Latest posts

Top Bottom