Latest Acquisitions

Leon355

Padawan
Just picked up a coin offer Ackbar. It's not in the best condition but I'm happy with it.
IMG_4419.jpg

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Thought I'd take a punt at this Palitoy Falcon Ebay auction.
The description stated that the objects to the side were the Falcon's "base".

That's no "base", it's a space station......

falcondeath_zpsawvdqduu.jpg

deathstar_zps6u4zpzvp.jpg

The Death Star is in pretty good nick. A few creases and rips. Nothing that can't be restored.
As far as I can see its missing the gunner turret, one pair of clips and the laser cannons. Not grumbling though :D
The Falcon needs quite a bit of restoration. Gives me something to do over the winter.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Love that Death Star pick up! Looks really clean too. Should be able to pick up the parts you need. The gunner chair should be around £40-50, maybe less if you get lucky - again!

The guns are easy, clips should be about £10.

You've got one of the hardest parts which is the canopy.

Nice pick up mate.

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
SublevelStudios said:
Love that Death Star pick up! Looks really clean too. Should be able to pick up the parts you need. The gunner chair should be around £40-50, maybe less if you get lucky - again!

The guns are easy, clips should be about £10.

You've got one of the hardest parts which is the canopy.

Nice pick up mate.

Thanks for the info, mate.
Didn't realise the gunner chair was that steep :shock:

Are you still looking for a Letraset Chewbacca's Space Notes?
Mine didn't have any interest on Ebay.

Jon

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Twin30mm said:
The Death Star is in pretty good nick. A few creases and rips. Nothing that can't be restored.
As far as I can see its missing the gunner turret, one pair of clips and the laser cannons. Not grumbling though :D
The Falcon needs quite a bit of restoration. Gives me something to do over the winter.

What a great extra! I think I've got a pair of DS clips spare and I know for sure I have lots of spare Falcon parts - if you fancy any send me a PM.

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
Twin30mm said:
Thought I'd take a punt at this Palitoy Falcon Ebay auction.
The description stated that the objects to the side were the Falcon's "base".

That's no "base", it's a space station......

falcondeath_zpsawvdqduu.jpg

deathstar_zps6u4zpzvp.jpg

Great pick up !!!! :D

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
chipsteak said:
I bought this John Menzies poster a couple of months back but I just got round to getting a custom frame for it this week.

It's a great poster and I've got one tucked away somewhere, it's not in the best of condition and my father still had it up on the wall for my nephew to look at until recently but it soon came down once I saw it and remembered it from my childhood :lol: (cruel Uncle!).

I also notice that you have a similar love of some of the old horror classics as I also do, I'll post a picture up of some of my bits and bobs I've just set up for Halloween in the other collections thread.

Ian

Cool. I'll do likewise.

Palifan

Sith Lord
chipsteak said:
Palifan said:
chipsteak said:
I bought this John Menzies poster a couple of months back but I just got round to getting a custom frame for it this week.

It's a great poster and I've got one tucked away somewhere, it's not in the best of condition and my father still had it up on the wall for my nephew to look at until recently but it soon came down once I saw it and remembered it from my childhood :lol: (cruel Uncle!).

I also notice that you have a similar love of some of the old horror classics as I also do, I'll post a picture up of some of my bits and bobs I've just set up for Halloween in the other collections thread.

Ian

Cool. I'll do likewise.

Well I've shown mine, now you'll have to show me yours :lol:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=212&start=1965

Ian

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
After selling a few items (Trilogo Luke Jedi on here and some sealed vinyl albums elsewhere) I managed not to fritter the money and put it to my first 12 back and only my second SW logo'd moc. I really wanted a main character and finally found his Lordship for what I think was a decent price on ebay US taking into account the shipping, taxes etc. Has a few issues, the pop has been removed and a funny crease on one side of the card but bubbles good, its unpunched and displays pretty well. I can't afford to start collecting 12BK's but I wanted an example in my small collection so I'm quite happy. :D

[ATTACH=full]163371[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]163372[/ATTACH]

[url
P1020734_zpsvrl0xq8s.jpg
][/url]

[url
P1020733_zps7wgmp7ze.jpg
][/url]

stormcab

Sith Lord
Nice pick ups peeps.

Han Hoth with error weapon very cool.

Falcon and Death Star look great.

Congrats on first 12 back.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Here's a modest item that's been on my wants lists forever as it forms part of my 'everything I had as a child' focus.

It really was quite a crap set. The backdrop is little or no bigger than the largest of those cheaper packeted sets. The transfers themselves are random. Where can one put a small Falcon on here with any degree of honour? Or an out-of-scale Boushh?

My review - only 33 years too late - is that it was piss poor.

Still, it beams me right back to 1983 so job's a good 'un. :D

npfdqh.jpg

Matthieu

Padawan
Stoked to add this SUPER RARE black & white French promotional banner (top photo). It was displayed in the French shops to advertise the Meccano poster (bottom photo) giveaway offer!
Note that the actual banner is smaller than the actual poster and not the other way round as you could think from this photo collage ;)

%20promotional%20banner%20and%20poster_zpscvenk5vh.jpg

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
Love that transfer set Chipsteak, I still need that one!

This is something I've been wanting to buy for a long time but complete ones are pretty expensive so I was lucky to get this off Steve (Savory100) earlier in the week. This one is in great condition and if I can just find a set of original instructions it'll be perfect for me!

IMG_4963.JPG

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Waltham Wookiee said:
Some great items being posted on here recently.

I'm really happy to add trilogo Yak to my ever growing collection of Trilogos.

image_zpsvazi4bqw.png

Lay em down and smack em yak'em. What a beauty. Congratulations James.

Latest posts

Top Bottom