Latest Acquisitions

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
Grant_C said:
poncho said:
P1050685_zpsllo4nr7w.jpg

I swear I have seen this card multiple times over the years. Theres an AT-AT Commander just like it doing the tours.

I bought it a good year and a half ago from Jordan H when I was building a beater MOC run of the first 12. Tried to (unsuccessfully) remove some of the mold from it, and then sold it off soon thereafter. It's a hot potato!

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
spoons said:
Thanks guys and Ross, it means a lot coming from Mr Display :)

That's "Dr. Display." I didn't go to display medical school for four years to be called "mister." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

spoons

Grand Master
Ross_Barr said:
spoons said:
Thanks guys and Ross, it means a lot coming from Mr Display :)

That's "Dr. Display." I didn't go to display medical school for four years to be called "mister." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My humble apologies - you are indeed a Doctor of Barrdboard ;)

poncho

Grand Master
Ross_Barr said:
Grant_C said:
poncho said:

I swear I have seen this card multiple times over the years. Theres an AT-AT Commander just like it doing the tours.

I bought it a good year and a half ago from Jordan H when I was building a beater MOC run of the first 12. Tried to (unsuccessfully) remove some of the mold from it, and then sold it off soon thereafter. It's a hot potato!
jordan henborough? And then you ross barr- well that just adds more character to it. Its been through some more collectors hands since. A well travelled tusken indeed

lejackal

Grand Master
poncho said:
Ross_Barr said:
Grant_C said:

jordan henborough? And then you ross barr- well that just adds more character to it. Its been through some more collectors hands since. A well travelled tusken indeed
Curious to see if Ross remembers what he paid to see if there has been much inflation on it. I know I paid £45, as did the guy I bought it from and that is precisely what I charged Chris for it.

PulsarP

Jedi Knight
spoons said:
SAVORY100 said:
Three absolute stunners in a row... Chewie, Han and Luke in various forms, almost a full set of heroes between you!

The holy trinity - cracking buys chaps!

Arrived home to find my first and second ever display bin headers. A brave new world for me

1st and 2nd issue Kenner die cast headers and a case thrown in too

E1F3C17F-4405-43AE-9073-1B77CB679AFD_zpsrqzolfui.jpg

33524C07-563C-4053-938F-ABD96B66081E_zpszoocbkb6.jpg

Mr Spoons :shock:
I am loving the second series Die cast header.
I nearly bought Jim Stevensons a couple of years back when I last visited him.
Was holding back from asking his Son Andy about it since Jim got poorly but understand he has sold his example too.
I'm not having much luck locating one :roll:

Am absolutely loving seeing your two together, I am not jealous by any means sir :wink:

PulsarP

Jedi Knight
Ross_Barr said:
Andy, these are fantastic! As a display collector, I don't think there is much else that compares to the visual appeal of the store displays, especially the early, SW ANH ones with the black background and the iconic racetrack.

Couldn't agree more.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Looks like water damage or damp has got to the card - nice to see it survive though!

Andy, holy crap mate, those bin headers are the mutts nuts mate. Your die cast collection is really on another level now.

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
lejackal said:
Curious to see if Ross remembers what he paid to see if there has been much inflation on it. I know I paid £45, as did the guy I bought it from and that is precisely what I charged Chris for it.

I believe I paid around $80 USD and sold it for around the same price. So it's actually been devalued since I owned it. Or because I owned it. :D

yoda said:
What are the little spots on the card is that a sign of dampness? Or some sort of fungus?

It was mold on it, and the litho loss was because I tried to remove the mold with a bit of water and unintentionally removed more litho than mold. Bad mistake.

Joe

Grand Master
spoons said:
SAVORY100 said:
Three absolute stunners in a row... Chewie, Han and Luke in various forms, almost a full set of heroes between you!

The holy trinity - cracking buys chaps!

Arrived home to find my first and second ever display bin headers. A brave new world for me

1st and 2nd issue Kenner die cast headers and a case thrown in too

E1F3C17F-4405-43AE-9073-1B77CB679AFD_zpsrqzolfui.jpg

33524C07-563C-4053-938F-ABD96B66081E_zpszoocbkb6.jpg

Oh wow! Congrats Andy!!

lejackal

Grand Master
Ross_Barr said:
lejackal said:

I believe I paid around $80 USD and sold it for around the same price. So it's actually been devalued since I owned it. Or because I owned it. :D
That's very nearly £250 with the current exchange rate :lol:

poncho

Grand Master
nearly 2000 pages of LA and associated banter well done SWFUK!

andy - thats a ace piece to crown your die cast pieces! get that hanging above your diecasts it will look awesome 8)

one of my latest loose - a hard piece to find for sure - ive been looking for a couple of years now since i got a moulded legs han hoth.

this is a unusual piece as it has mixed limbs one moulded leg and one the normal painted leg which was cast in blue like the rest of the figure.

P1050692_zpso9tykffj.jpg

P1050693_zpsprsxbzus.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
Nice one Chris - I've been looking for one of those for a long time too they are very hard to find!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Andy, way to go with the bin headers. Bloody brilliant find. Chris, love the Han. I haven't got a mouldering legs one yet and one of each is very cool.

Latest posts

Top Bottom