Latest Acquisitions

MarkG

Jedi Master
Some awesome pickups again guys... Been a bit lapse lately as awaiting a certain MOC to turn up.... however, I've been having a bit of spending spree around eBay & Farcebook.

First up a couple of snowspeeders as I've not owned one for a few years now. One of the right was from Facebook auction site, but has a repro string...so with that, another popped up on Facebook from our very own Carl (lejackal) which is fully original... cheers bud.

Also, you may see a few speeder bikes there too.. Top left is a gem (although not is the best condition) as it sports the price sticker of my favorite childhood toystore.. Gamleys.
The one below it was cheap (very cheap) on eBay.. and finally the one on the right is a Made In Macao variant, sadly the front is very slightly faded, but it takes my total of unique COOs up to 5. All are fully complete too !!

20160928_193923%202_zpskdq92sec.jpg

poncho

Grand Master
I was holding out for a nice trilogo HH MOC to go with my loose but i saw this and like difference in production of the figure so i went for it!

A PBP Han hoth Pale Jacket / white face* packed on a Palitoy 65 back with large trilogo bubble with an imperial blaster. 8)

palitoy exported carbacks over europe we know. This was packed in spain hence the blaster and figure and sold through out Europe. interestingly this became one of the European overstock that Kaybee stores bought up as it has there price sticker on.

i love it!

P1050678_zpslxhalclt.jpg

P1050680_zpsrbexfznm.jpg

huh pbp han hoth WTF? * i have uploaded a picture of my loose variation with a standard HH so you can see the difference (the jacket is cast in a different colour pale grey/violet, has more refined detail on jacket and of course its face is painted white with pink primer underneath. the gloves and scarf are painted a vibrant white apposed to cream on a regular HH) and COO is of course scarred.

P1050682_zps7wsptwpj.jpg

emmawood

Hello guys,

im relatively new to this forum but i wanted to share with u an article here: https://collectorism.com/blog/why-we-love-collecting-fun-facts/

it is about why we love collecting things especially toys and action figures.its good to know the psychological reasons behind this let me know what u think

Emma

lejackal

Grand Master
emmawood said:
Hello guys,

im relatively new to this forum but i wanted to share with u an article here: https://collectorism.com/blog/why-we-love-collecting-fun-facts/

it is about why we love collecting things especially toys and action figures.its good to know the psychological reasons behind this let me know what u think

Emma
Not really a latest acquisition though is it?

lejackal

Grand Master
MarkG said:
Some awesome pickups again guys... Been a bit lapse lately as awaiting a certain MOC to turn up.... however, I've been having a bit of spending spree around eBay & Farcebook.

First up a couple of snowspeeders as I've not owned one for a few years now. One of the right was from Facebook auction site, but has a repro string...so with that, another popped up on Facebook from our very own Carl (lejackal) which is fully original... cheers bud.

Also, you may see a few speeder bikes there too.. Top left is a gem (although not is the best condition) as it sports the price sticker of my favorite childhood toystore.. Gamleys.
The one below it was cheap (very cheap) on eBay.. and finally the one on the right is a Made In Macao variant, sadly the front is very slightly faded, but it takes my total of unique COOs up to 5. All are fully complete too !!

20160928_193923%202_zpskdq92sec.jpg

lejackal

Grand Master
robpmarsh said:
New bits in the post this week:

Ackbar and AT-AT Driver (Driver is a reseal)
20160927_1946412_zpsiu2xbafc.jpg

Gammy Guard and Chewie (Chewie is a sliced bubble)
20160927_1945022_zpsizdztz83.jpg

Couple of cardbacks
20160927_1946102_zpsux1koycg.jpg

Luke Bespin parts (reseal project)
20160927_1945462_zpstpkm5pje.jpg

Loose AT-AT Driver
20160927_1947302_zpso1tzwylk.jpg

lejackal

Grand Master
poncho said:
I was holding out for a nice trilogo HH MOC to go with my loose but i saw this and like difference in production of the figure so i went for it!

A PBP Han hoth Pale Jacket / white face* packed on a Palitoy 65 back with large trilogo bubble with an imperial blaster. 8)

palitoy exported carbacks over europe we know. This was packed in spain hence the blaster and figure and sold through out Europe. interestingly this became one of the European overstock that Kaybee stores bought up as it has there price sticker on.

i love it!

P1050678_zpslxhalclt.jpg

P1050680_zpsrbexfznm.jpg

huh pbp han hoth WTF? * i have uploaded a picture of my loose variation with a standard HH so you can see the difference (the jacket is cast in a different colour pale grey/violet, has more refined detail on jacket and of course its face is painted white with pink primer underneath. the gloves and scarf are painted a vibrant white apposed to cream on a regular HH) and COO is of course scarred.

P1050682_zps7wsptwpj.jpg

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Chris, that HH Palitoy 65 bk is the absolute dogs danglies. Not jealous at all. No way. No. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Carl, that is one dick seller. What makes someone protect the bubble at the cost of green masking tape all over the card?

lejackal

Grand Master
Fortunately the tape was on the card back and not the MOC, they taped the loose figure to it. Still a dick though

spoons

Grand Master
Great stuff and what a beauty Chris!

Picked up some prints off Kim Simmons - the only way I'll ever own a Han Hoth hard copy!

96011009-7960-41DF-A87D-3D5E7ABBC0DC_zpsw2ea7yuo.jpg

PulsarP

Jedi Knight
That Lando card looks special :p
Loving the prints too, especially the die casts.

Here's a couple of Empire items I acquired last night over a couple of jars.
Many thanks to Mark for these.

20160929_231512_zpsc3acuhrz.jpg

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Capetown, Great score with those Tri minis :!:

Poncho, love the Han Hoth variant 8)

Spoons, lovin those prints :)

PulsarP, lovely looking Empire die-cast-if only Palitoy did those :idea:

spoons

Grand Master
PulsarP said:
That Lando card looks special :p
Loving the prints too, especially the die casts.

Here's a couple of Empire items I acquired last night over a couple of jars.
Many thanks to Mark for these.

20160929_231512_zpsc3acuhrz.jpg

Beautiful!

BruceW

Padawan
itfciain said:
Just finished off a payment plan for these - some cracking additions to the DSD focus

You might recognise some of these from Jason Millers focus over on RS - it was broken up recently and although I missed out on most of the really good stuff then I was lucky to pick these up - I have also gone from having no DSD baggies to having 4 of them!

4 different types of baggie - need to check the baggie guide
ROTJ 65-A offerless
ROTJ 65-B offerless
ROTJ 65-B w/coin sticker
ROTJ 77-A w/coin sticker on back
ROTJ 77-A w/coin sticker
Various loose figures including a No COO
Danish POTF catalog 65
Various adverts with the DSD
POTF2 Death Star Droid sample/prototype w/Q.A.checkoff card!
Gigantics Mantis model (this was the set that the original prototype DSD bug head came from)

SAM_0794_zpski4esrjb.jpg

SAM_0795_zps97wep8a7.jpg

SAM_0796_zpsnskay6j4.jpg

SAM_0797_zpsuy6p6zay.jpg

SAM_0798_zps7xcxaviu.jpg

Need to get them all into some nice shiny new cases - and then do a group should - must have about 15 different MOCs now

Oh man! I sold Jason that DSD 77 back (with coin offer on back) to Jason years ago on RS! The figure was so mint and shiny! Didn't know he sold off. Glad it all went to a good home! Congrats, Iain!

Top Bottom