Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Guys....thanks for the warm and encouraging relies here!!! Very very welcome and they helped so much!!! Many many many thanks. this was much appreciated!!! 8)

(PS: I got it working again for now ;) :D )

UPDATE:

All pictures from this update can be found here:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#16jan2017

Okay...plan A, B and C failed. I removed all the stuff releasing the mechanism. I went with the most easy solution: I drilled holes into the top and got some wires to realease the cannons while pushing down. this works for now and can be removed (just pull)...that's good. The bad thing is: It wont work forever, at some point the top will break I think. Anyway...solution found for now and the knob will be placed in without glueing so I can make further repairs without breaking it apart.
Khetanna_626.jpg

Khetanna_627.jpg

New solution found also on the base. I always worked with blind rivets. But the base went into the bin to safe some height. And I have not enough thickness to the top deck ...I would damage the inner ceiling. Anway...I came up with another solution that makes the deck cannon also removable any time while going safe and strong without dangeling: pin + magnets!
Khetanna_628.jpg

Khetanna_629.jpg

It's all very close and narrow. that's why the handles to the back of the cannon were shortened:
Khetanna_630.jpg

Khetanna_631.jpg

Khetanna_632.jpg

All worth the final product:
Khetanna_633.jpg

Khetanna_634.jpg

Khetanna_635.jpg

Khetanna_636.jpg

Khetanna_637.jpg

Khetanna_638.jpg

Khetanna_639.jpg

Khetanna_640.jpg

Khetanna_641.jpg

Khetanna_642.jpg

One quick shot....all put together
Khetanna_643.jpg

Hope you like it and thanks for looking!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
You hope we like it?! I don't like it, I love it! :D Congratulations on solving the firing problem, and for your ingenious use of magnets (I use them a lot myself for all kinds of things, including pinching the leaves of my DIY perspex-fronted display cabinets together to minimise the chances of dust entering :wink:). The finished gun looks fantastic and about a thousand times better than when Hasbro were left alone with it!

Thanks for another stellar update!

Palifan

Sith Lord
A true work of art and such a good solution to the problems you faced. It look stunning and I knew you would get it 'fully operational'!

Ian

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Thanks guys. 8) 8)
UPDATE:

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#20jan2017

On with the deck. Last paneling to the floor:
Khetanna_644.jpg

Details with cables for the gun:
Khetanna_645.jpg

Khetanna_646.jpg

Details to the back wall and the doors/windows behind:
Khetanna_647.jpg

Khetanna_648.jpg

Comparison:
Khetanna_649.jpg

Khetanna_650.jpg

Old problem: The paneling to the top inside is falling apart....ever since. The problem here is I have added those after priming. The glue and the primer don't work well together it seems. After reglueing parts with super glue from time to time it all went worse plus they still fall down from time to time. I have to fix this before painting. Only solution seems to be doing it again: Removing the parts, sanding....a lot of sanding and glueing new parts.
Khetanna_651.jpg

Khetanna_652.jpg

Khetanna_653.jpg

A detail for the masts...sort of speakers/megaphones?
Khetanna_654.jpg

Khetanna_655.jpg

Khetanna_656.jpg

Khetanna_657.jpg

Khetanna_658.jpg

Khetanna_659.jpg

Khetanna_660.jpg

Khetanna_661.jpg

Hope you like it. Thanks for looking!

Wolff

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Another great update. Sorry to hear about the problems with the glue and primer not working well together, but once again you impress with your persistence and dedication to this project. I'm quite certain you will overcome the obstacles.

Well done on the speakers! They look terrific :)

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Speakers look ridiculously good! So amusing to see a plastic seahorse (cocktail stirrer?!?!) being used as a raw material. You Sir are a genius!!!

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Thanks guys! :D I am planing to get a unicorn built in too.... :lol:

UPDATE:

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#22jan2017

Fixing the partitions with magnets. I need to remove them again for painting, so this is probably the best solution.
Khetanna_662.jpg

Khetanna_663.jpg

Forgot to add an detail to the cannon:
Khetanna_664.jpg

Finsihed the seiling from the throne room:
Khetanna_680.jpg

And now....finally all parts are primed and can be put together:
Khetanna_665.jpg

Khetanna_666.jpg

Khetanna_667.jpg

Khetanna_667a.jpg

Khetanna_668.jpg

Khetanna_669.jpg

Khetanna_670.jpg

Khetanna_671.jpg

Khetanna_672.jpg

Khetanna_673.jpg

Khetanna_674.jpg

Khetanna_675.jpg

Khetanna_676.jpg

Khetanna_677.jpg

Khetanna_678.jpg

Khetanna_679.jpg

Next up: Finishing the two Ishi Tib gargoyles and fixing the Rancor statue.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Fantastic looking all primed, everything looks so clean and neat that it's definitely worth all the effort you've put in.

Can't wait to see this complete (as I'm sure you can't either), such a work of art and you may need to go out to a beach just to get a few pictures of it against the sand backdrop.

Ian

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Another terrific update! This keeps on getting better and better. Thanks once again for sharing your efforts with the rest of us. :)

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
great updates, for the sketchy glue areas have you tried scouring the area and then contact adhesive, longer to dry but stronger bond, or two part resin, you may have to clap whilst drying :)

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Thanks a lot guys for the comments. I personally think its too late to start on new methods....gluewise...I am almost done only missing the masts and sails. Anyway...I will keep suggestions in mind for the next project for sure :D

UPDATE:

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#25jan2017

Last bits and pieces. Started the Ishi Tib gargoyle some while ago:
Khetanna_563.jpg

Now up on finishing it. As already said...I am not really good in sculpting. But it does the job and its better in real life then looking on the pictures :D
Khetanna_683.jpg

Khetanna_684.jpg

Khetanna_685.jpg

Khetanna_686.jpg

Khetanna_687.jpg

After duplicating some smoothing and primer:
Khetanna_688.jpg

Khetanna_689.jpg

Khetanna_690.jpg

Now all pieces are done for the rear part, just waiting for beeing assembled
Khetanna_691.jpg

Khetanna_692.jpg

Khetanna_693.jpg

Khetanna_694.jpg

Khetanna_695.jpg

Khetanna_696.jpg

Next up: assembled rear and some beauty shots (hopefully ;))

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Wow amazing stuff. Love it. What a talented artist you are. I'm always amazed at how people can make something from nothing. You should be very proud of what you have done so far and look forward to the finished model.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes, completely agree. It looks amazing and puts Hasbro's efforts on their ships to shame. I always wished they had made a Khetanna, but having seen yours, anything Hasbro made would simply be a disappointment!

Thanks for the update and keep up the good work! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom