Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Checking the updates to this thread is a real highlight on the forum.

The big question I have though is will klaatu get changed into is fancy skiff outfit for the Khetannas maiden voyage?

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Hahaha...great posts guys. Really appreciated those!! Here is some new pics:

UPDATE:

All pictures from this update can be found here:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#17july2015

So here we go with completing the upper part of the ship. There is still lots of work that needs to be done.

We are starting with the masts. These were planned in size and location over years. This means I always thought about those. Now I just started making those...finally. I already had made some or lets say I started to build some and cancelled it. So this is actually the second try!

Khetanna_435.jpg

Khetanna_436.jpg

Khetanna_438.jpg

Khetanna_439.jpg

Khetanna_440.jpg

Indeed this masts are a crossover between the fullsize movie model and the ILM model.

Khetanna_444.jpg

What also is needed to finish the deck are the two hatches to the front. I never was sure about building those. These will get way to small to get figures through it because I wanted a playable toy in a size that is still manageable. So the hatches will be very small and are for no use (thinking about their use in the movie). But they are important to the look of the ship IMO and I will use them to get more light from above to the bar section inside. First up is some original pics followed by the building pics.

Khetanna_445.jpg

Khetanna_446.jpg

Khetanna_447.jpg

Khetanna_448.jpg

Khetanna_449.jpg

Khetanna_450.jpg

So all parts are WIP...I hope to get them finsihed soon.

I hope you like this update.

Regards

Wolff

Jez

Sith Lord
I was only thinking about this the other day :oops: i've loved watching this develop.
And yes, i still want you to work for the MOD!

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Pheewwww...it has been a long time now. Well you know...life came in the way. Anyway I am back again to go forward and hopefully finish this project in 2017.

UPDATE:

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#22dez2015

Soooooooo....

I first started to finish the hatches:

Khetanna_445.jpg

Khetanna_452.jpg

Khetanna_453.jpg

Khetanna_454.jpg

Khetanna_455.jpg

"But how in the world should I fit in there???"
Khetanna_451.jpg

It's simple: no Kenner/Hasbro figure will fit in there like in the movie. This was the only way possible to make those happen (regarding the size of the ship)....so maybe some space to hide some weapons?

Next up is the nose. I needed to completley redo the undersurface. It all got wavy and bendy, it was a real mess....I tried to fix it but then decided to rip it off and do it again. Lots of work for looking the same now then in 2014...hahaha. At least the greeblies to the front are new now:

Khetanna_456.jpg

Khetanna_457.jpg

Also the cables and greeblies to the top deck were renewed. The hatch got a better closing mechanism (magnet) and while making that it broke into a hundred pieces. So the whole thing was redone....lots of sanding and filling...and so on:

Khetanna_458.jpg

Khetanna_459.jpg

Khetanna_460.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Regards

Wolff

lejackal

Grand Master
I looked through this a couple of months ago and wondered what happened with it in the end, as well as bookmarking the variant guide do its great to see the mission continues. This looks absolutely blooming amazing, not really sure there are enough superlatives to cover it but I cannot wait to see it completed! Fantastic work fella!

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Thanks guys!! Woooooooowwwww....much appreciated!!!

....some very nice words ....I feel humbled! :oops:

PS: Klaatu is back by now ;) :D

UPDATE:

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#04jan2016

Still trying to finish the nose. I started with the cables below. Found some old headphone parts I could use:
Khetanna_461.jpg

Khetanna_462.jpg

Khetanna_463.jpg

Khetanna_464.jpg

Next up is that missing cockpit. Finally I started a rough build....so the shape of it is now planed and by now almost done. It's built for vintage and for modern figures. I think Klaatu and Weequay had a lot of fun?? Well the aim as always was to minimize the weight. So it's a very light built.

Khetanna_465.jpg

Khetanna_466.jpg

Khetanna_467.jpg

Khetanna_468.jpg

Khetanna_469.jpg

Khetanna_470.jpg

Next up will be filler and sanding. Afterwards the greeblies and such....plus lightening... :D

Thanks for looking.

Wolff

plantainman

Jedi Master
A thing of beauty! KUTGW

I can only imagine the complexities of the lighting and hiding the cables, but i'm sure the results will be spectacular!

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Thanks buddies!!! 8)

UPDATE:

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#07jan2016

This is really getting along fast.
First up I decided to cut off the front part of the cockpit. Otherwise I would be in real trouble painting it. So it's now detachable with 4 screws holding it in place:
Khetanna_484.jpg

Khetanna_485.jpg

Finished the cockpit by now. The seat is an homage to the vintage AT-ST. The lever to the middle broke twice by now so it was replace by a metal lever. Some additional cables and the foot area was also completed:
Khetanna_486.jpg

Khetanna_487.jpg

Khetanna_488.jpg

Khetanna_489.jpg

After that I wanted to do the front part. Some screens were added. Some acrylic with scratched in forms does the job very well:
Khetanna_490.jpg

Khetanna_491.jpg

Now on with detailing this part of the cockpit:
Khetanna_492.jpg

Khetanna_493.jpg

Khetanna_494.jpg

Some ligthening check:
Khetanna_495.jpg

Khetanna_496.jpg

And finally the back part was primed...mmmmmmmmmmmhhh....I love priming ;)
Khetanna_497.jpg

Khetanna_498.jpg

Khetanna_499.jpg

Khetanna_500.jpg

Khetanna_501.jpg

Khetanna_502.jpg

Khetanna_503.jpg

Hope you like it. Thanks for looking.

Wolff

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom