Inzaman's Custom Vintage Mini Boxes

inzaman

Sith Lord
Having seen the custom miniboxes on RS i thought i would have a go myself as i think they look well neat. With the help of some excellent scans from handuo and some screen grabs from the DVD's i have completed the following so far.
I have been stuck to my PC for the past few weeks as it has taken an age i.e. many many hours to get one box right, i.e. the size, the right sizes for closing, glueing, window etc, but finally i have completed a few.

Zuckuss Front

DSC00969.jpg

Zuckuss Back

DSC00970.jpg

My favourite so far, Bossk Front

DSC00964.jpg

Bossk Back

DSC00965.jpg

Imperial Commander front

DSC00967.jpg

Imperial commander back

DSC00968.jpg

inzaman

Sith Lord
The white looking flecks on the black are flashes from the camera. They look amazing in person and i am very happy with them. I have also made a Snowtrooper, Rebel Solider in Hoth Battle Gear, Luke in Hoth Battle Gear, Rebel Commander, and 4-Lom, all with the ESB logo. I just need to make the boxes up which i will do over the next week or so and post some pictures. I am struggling a bit with Dengar and IG88 as they are larger than the figures i have made so far, i.e. Dengar is deeper and IG88 is taller.

I have also just made a Boba Fett using the SW logo which looks great, i am now using that as a template to make up the forst 12. I will then go onto some ROTJ figures. They display excellently and when i get a few more i will do a group shot. I am also now trying to buy some lose figures to put into the boxes.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Those look brilliant Inzi! 8)

I wouldn't even have a ****ing notion where to start, if I was to try that! :oops:

han duo

Sith Lord
inzaman said:
Having seen the custom miniboxes on RS i thought i would have a go myself as i think they look well neat. With the help of some excellent scans from handuo and some screen grabs from the DVD's i have completed the following so far.
I have been stuck to my PC for the past few weeks as it has taken an age i.e. many many hours to get one box right, i.e. the size, the right sizes for closing, glueing, window etc, but finally i have completed a few.

Zuckuss Front

DSC00969.jpg

Zuckuss Back

DSC00970.jpg

My favourite so far, Bossk Front

DSC00964.jpg

Bossk Back

DSC00965.jpg

Imperial Commander front

DSC00967.jpg

Imperial commander back

DSC00968.jpg

right iam going to kick my toys out of my pram... a demand a cut on everyone of these you sell...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :wink: :wink: 8) 8)

they are the dogs bollocks.....very good mate i hope you make a killing !!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

inzaman

Sith Lord
Thanks guys, they really are the nuts in the flesh.

coco, i am currently trying to knock out a few of the standard figures to perfect the process. Once this is done then i am going to attempt the non-standard size figures like Yoda and R2. For smaller figures i think that yoda will be my first, there are just so many excellent screen grabs i can get for him from the movies.

SNAGGLE

Padawan
8) Very nice indeed, that would be a great way to display a full set of loose figs. Like you say, so many amazing screen grabs available :D we all get quite conditioned with the images that Kenner used for the cards, think it is really fresh to see new photos. Love the Bossk mate.

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
craignwo4life said:
They look great but they must cost a few quid to make with the paper and ink needed ?!! :lol:
I imagine you have to use premium ink and not cheap ink (because it fades in the sun) so this would thurther bump up the price.

inzaman

Sith Lord
The paper is HP Photogloss + so is very expensive, i might try some shiny cards, but the photopaper looks the nuts imo. The inkjet goes through ink when printing these as they take up about 70% of an A4 sheet, but worth it though.

inzaman

Sith Lord
A few more, i will post Boba this weekend then the next pics will be of group shots - when i get a few more boxes made :D

DSC00981.jpg

DSC00979.jpg

DSC00976.jpg

DSC00975.jpg

I have tried to take them a bit more at a side angle so you can see the detail on the side as well.

inzaman

Sith Lord
I also have a great action shot of Boba from ROTJ so i will make a ROTJ box for Boba as well. I tried it with the SW logo but it didnt look right as you really need an image from ESB imo. The Boba image is from ESB when he is in cloud city, i have had to lighten it etc a bit. I love the SW logo though and aim to make Greedo and Luke X-Wing next as these are the figure i have.

Making these boxes is great fun and so addictive, i just need to buy more loose figures now :roll:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Those look great Inzi!

You gonna follow 'what's-his-names' example on RS and start selling them?

inzaman

Sith Lord
Bounty hunters, we dont need their scum :lol:

Manged to finish the bounty hunter focus, at last. I have also created two more Boba's one with an ESB logo and one with the ROTJ logo; both with different pictures. I have also completed the Hoth boxes and have started the Cantina figures. Just need to cut them out and get some figures to put in them. Also need more paper as i am out!!!

Fronts
DSC00996.jpg

Backs
DSC00994.jpg

You can tell the newer boxes as i have now added the names at the front under the figure picture and i have increased the larger picture on the left so it as wide as the logo, i thought the older pictures were slightly too small. Its probably hard to see from the above picture but you can tell in person.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom