I wonder what I will find at the local car boot sale this year?

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Went to a jumble sale talk about vultures piled in like no tomorrow jumped on clothes bloody dealers round here aren't human, only SW item was a large Clone Trooper Gun decided to pass.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
First one today, found nothing vintage a book thats it, hopefully have more luck in the months to come.

Lindo

Sith Lord
I used to love looking round the boot sales, never seems to be any vintage anymore though, spose that's cause people have become wise now

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Agree, other issue at our car boot, is there is about 20 dealers of toys are like vultures as soon as the boot is open they are in there.

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Went to a big boot sale today no vintage sw apart from one fixed limb c3p0 with a hand off, only a pound so maybe should have bought it but I must keep saying to my self I'm not a hoarder I'm not a hoarder. Got some nice 70's matchbox cars, warlord annuals, bmx wheel and tool chest cheap so happy days :D I'm not a hoarder :? and saw one of the women off uk storage wars tv program and at first thought it was someone I knew from my local so smiled a hello but then realised she was off the telly :lol: :oops:

chrisfnx

Jedi Knight
Good pick up on the luke farmboy. I picked up a boxed atst rotj at a carboot on sunday, £25. It was on a table with a load of modern stuff, its still worth looking I think. Sometimes you can find stuff. I put a pic in the latest acquisitions thread. Cheers

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Did much better today, got 4 near mint imperials, Scout Trooper, Snowtrooper, ATAT Driver and tie fighter pilot. FX Luke Lightsaber, complete open belly taunton, a metal C3PO Keyring for 5p, An X-wing with Luke, bootleg darth vader for 5p,

x-pack

Grand Master
I went to two the other week and had clearly forgotten how crap carboot sales are. There was nothing, not even anything remotely reminiscent of the 70s or 80s.

I walked round scanning each stall at lightening speed. Vintage just jumps out at you. Sod all

x-pack

Grand Master
Lindo said:
crap boot sales up north compared to huge ones that they have down south

I think people are basically hoarders up north. Those old star wars toys weren't free you know! Still being passed down the generations :wink:

Lindo

Sith Lord
x-pack said:
Lindo said:

I think people are basically hoarders up north. Those old star wars toys weren't free you know! Still being passed down the generations :wink:
lol that will be the truth I remember getting all my older brothers handby downs :)

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Lindo said:
Gotta agree with this, finding any vintage SW at boot sales up north these days is a nightmare. The best I've seen in the past few years is a couple of Falcon shells. :(

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Can we have photos of everyones purchases from Car Boots - even if non Star Wars. I love looking at all the old toy purchases and retro items that people pick up. Make this thread a must read on a Monday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom