[youtube]GQQzNJeZQqA[/youtube]

Now I have to figure out how to make a slow-mo!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe

Grand Master
wbobafett said:
[youtube]GQQzNJeZQqA[/youtube]

Now I have to figure out how to make a slow-mo!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

This is what I should have done all along, fantastic video recreation of the Wampa Kick, as you can see it really does work LOL

Awesome, made my day that has haha

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Joe said:
I want that as animated avatar :D

I'll try to figure that out.....

for now...here the extended version with Slowmo!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[youtube]rAluPLtIVtc[/youtube]

Joe

Grand Master
Haha perfect, you can see poor Luke executing the quadruple backflip Jedi move to escape the Wampa in perfect slow mo :D

You know the weirdest thing, when I was a kid I actually thought the Wampa was meant to do this, like some kind of special action feature :oops:

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
How to upload gifs??? LOL

edit...figured it out:

unbenannt1bj.gif

.Q.

Jedi Master
Feel I'm interrupting the Wampa kick thread ..

First time trying to upload pics here after setting up a Botophucket account, so apologies if I've created any graft for our dedicated Mod Squad and for the frankly dire photo quality.

Dug these pics out a while ago, just haven't had chance to post em up. There are 9 pics altogether, first 3 now to see if I've got this sussed.

Me and a fellow SW mad kid round the road made this Battle of Hoth in my front garden back in the day, and what a day it was! We spent ages making a cavernous Echo Base then let battle commence!

A lost Ugnaught spies a classic duel by a perched speeder.

03980d1f.jpg

The base such as it was, complete with a bucket of bolts.

98ac6c9e.jpg

The best pic by far with our speeders, At-Ats and brave Taun Tauns. I think I spot a die-cast speeder in the centre...? Deffo remember setting up this pic to be one At-At shooting ahead for the blow up the generator shot, and the other to do the old 'twist n pop-a-speeder' shot.

fe5b1680.jpg

That day and the battle we had has lived long in my memory, thought there was only a couple of pics and was amazed to find 9! Hope this works, and more to follow...

Joe

Grand Master
Those pictures are fantastic Dave, wow!

I wish I could find something as cool as this from my childhood, I bet you kids had a great time setting that up!

Looking forward to the next 6!

.Q.

Jedi Master
Cheers Joe! When I posted these pics on sit-on-my-Facebook they were met with complete apathy from my friends. Philistines. Duty calls so I'll post the rest when home from work tomorrow.

.Q.

Jedi Master
Thanks gentlemen, here's the rest...

A wider shot of the whole scene showing more of the base and tunnels.
015f0c06.jpg

I thought these were taken around winter 81-82 but seems to be a little later as that looks like Ackbar driving a tank.. and Leia has come prepared, she appears to be wearing a snood!
87685104.jpg

Hmm my Falcon's top gun was never seen again, a casualty of war. If anyone has a spare in decent shape to sell (and the training ball + arm) it would awesome to have a complete Falcon again. IG-88 claws his way out of the snow like a chilling prophecy of Terminator!
ea2bbb0e.jpg

A snowspeeder maneouvres a trench to attack INT-4.
992da9d2.jpg

A bespin guard reconsiders his holiday plans. Moody!
12a90699.jpg

Finally, the Han and a Rebel Commander on thier big-assed steeds. Luke Hoth used to live in my snowspeeder as Luke X-Wing was, erm, in the X-Wing! It all seemed to make sense at the time...
ffd0e8be.jpg

.Q.

Jedi Master
As a coda, because 9 is an odd number...? any excuse.
Quick snap I took a couple of winters ago featuring the very same veterans of the mighty Garden of Hoth battle. Deffo need a better Han and Luke for the figure display, these 2 are showing thier scars! Would never part with 'em though!

f8512e55.jpg

Many thanks for the kind words all, I'll try to hunt out some Xmas / birthday pics as there's one I remember of me beaming with a shiny new Slave-1 and my brother getting some MOTU stuff wearing an ultra 80s grey A-Team tracksuit. Fresh!

Joe

Grand Master
The fact that you still have your old figures from those pictures to recreate the action is even more amazing than finding the original shots!

All kinds of nostalgic awesome!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom