Help Needed - Jawa Blaster REPRO or Original?

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Hi Guys i looking for some help on this one :wink:

Here is a Jawa Blaster Variant that is suspected as been a REPRO.

The weapon was discussed by Jawa Armory members back in 05 but it wasn't locked down either way. I haven't managed to locate any carded examples so if those with carded Jawa's could check them that would be great.

Here is whats known about the weapon.

The Blaster is very flexible and the mould is very sharp.

The Weapon is not painted but cast in the shown colour.

The bottom of the magazine is straight instead of being slightly curvy.

Another point to take note of is the grooves on either side curve upwards at the end.

Any help / opinions would be appreciated 8)

JawaBlasterREPROPOSSPic1.jpg

JawaBlasterREPROPOSSIdentify.jpg

aussiejames

Sith Lord
I have the same gun but in black. It has the same straight bottom to the magazine , curved side grooves and molded not painted. It sounds correct(drop test) but mine is not 'very' flexible but neither are my genuine ones with & without side bump. The groove near the end of the barrel is thin and not very deep especially compared to the repros. The barrel from this groove forward is shorter on the repros. I vote(hope) it is genuine vintage :) EDIT I still can't get my camera to do close ups- Macro, plenty of sunlight, don't shake and still crapola :evil:

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
aussiejames said:
I have the same gun but in black. It has the same straight bottom to the magazine , curved side grooves and molded not painted. It sounds correct(drop test) but mine is not 'very' flexible but neither are my genuine ones with & without side bump. The groove near the end of the barrel is thin and not very deep especially compared to the repros. The barrel from this groove forward is shorter on the repros. I vote(hope) it is genuine vintage :)

If you can get some pictures of yours up James that would be great.

The raised up line at the end and the sharpe cut to the handle / grip are nothing like the other confirmed Original Jawa Blaster variants out there.

The handle grip reminds me of this Imperial Blaster Repro (The way it is cut sqaure and at an angle)

ImpBlasterREPROV4PicIdentify.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
aussiejames said:
I have the same gun but in black

James, does that not make it a repro - all the kenner ones are blue.

or are the LL and TT ones black?

aussiejames

Sith Lord
"are the LL or TT ones black?" I don't know either way but there is no LL jawa blaster?? I have 2 childhood jawas both off 20 backs. But I have only 3 (maybe 2) real weapons all different so I'm really confused. I hope someone else has this same mold blaster in blue & black :?:

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
aussiejames said:
"are the LL or TT ones black?" I don't know either way but there is no LL jawa blaster?? I have 2 childhood jawas both off 20 backs. But I have only 3 (maybe 2) real weapons all different so I'm really confused. I hope someone else has this same mold blaster in blue & black :?:

There are a number of Jawa Blaster Variants from translucent Blue to a Very Dark Grey / Black and various Blue / Black moulds. The Glassite Leia came with a Silver Jawa Blaster (i need a picture of this desperately) yet none of the Genuine Jawa's i have cataloged so far are Black not in the sense that the Lando General or Luke Stormie Blasters are Black anyway.

The 2 big concerns about this potential REPRO is the line runs all the way across the gun and then curves up at the end. None of the Jawa Blasters cataloged to date have this feature for most of them the line only runs half way down. The other factor is the way the handle / grip has sharp corners again no other Jawa Blaster variants cataloged to date have this feature and it very similar to the handle grip on the REPRO Imperial Blaster above.

After quite extensive searching this blaster has not turned up MOC. If any of you have Jawa MOC's and can take 5 mins to check them it would be greatly appreciated.

For the people i have spoken with the overwhelming consensus is that this is a REPRO was likely produced at the same time as the above REPRO Imperial Blaster. These Repros are different than the mass produced 1990's fakes.

Ian, Bryan Pete and other weapons experts please feel free to posts comments / opinions.

Jay

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
aussiejames said:
EDIT I still can't get my camera to do close ups- Macro, plenty of sunlight, don't shake and still crapola :evil:

James if you can take a picture of each side of the weapon that captures the details as best as possible don't worry too much to much about the rest it can be edited if needed.

Jawa MOC owners and Jawa loose owners as well if you can check to see if your Jawa has this weapon (look for the line running fully across with the upward curve and sharply cut handle / grip) that would be much appreciated :wink:

Jay

Paul-itoy

Jedi Knight
There's no point starting a new thread (and still been new around here it was inevitable that i'd ask "is this blaster repro?" at some point :wink: ), so how about this Jawa blaster?

3856434640_3ce5637987.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28607183@N05/3856434640/sizes/m/

3855643819_4fe46fe123.jpg

I think repro just due to the flashing on the end of the barrell, but it's one of those that defies the usual drop test.

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Paul-itoy said:
There's no point starting a new thread (and still been new around here it was inevitable that i'd ask "is this blaster repro?" at some point :wink: ), so how about this Jawa blaster?

3856434640_3ce5637987.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28607183@N05/3856434640/sizes/m/

3855643819_4fe46fe123.jpg

I think repro just due to the flashing on the end of the barrell, but it's one of those that defies the usual drop test.

That blaster is real! 8)

A very similar variation to yours (but without the circle) can be found with Meccano Jawa's see picture below

JawaBlasterV4BlueBlackRoughnocircle.jpg

Believe it or not there are quite a few variants to the Jawa Blaster i have a number of them cataloged already and both Uli and Wolff are doing research as well for the website as well.

Its still uber important that the community gets involved when im checking certain potential REPRO'S or Variants finding them MOC is 100% guarantee of confirmation so everyone's help is needed. :wink: :wink:

Jay

Jedi534

Jedi Knight
I have that sharp Jawa Blaster as well. Unfortunately, I have no clue if it's real or repro. However, I tend to believe it's genuine based on color and material used. It's also not a true Black but a dark Blue. I don't know why the first one mentioned would be very flexible though??? How flexible is it? Can it be bent to at least a 45 degree angle?

sw_jawa_blaster_myst_01.jpg

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Jedi534 said:
I have that sharp Jawa Blaster as well. Unfortunately, I have no clue if it's real or repro. However, I tend to believe it's genuine based on color and material used. It's also not a true Black but a dark Blue. I don't know why the first one mentioned would be very flexible though??? How flexible is it? Can it be bent to at least a 45 degree angle?

sw_jawa_blaster_myst_01.jpg

Hi Bryan

Not sure how much it can be bent TBH.

This is one of the Jawa Blaster that has been a suspect REPRO for some years now since it was
questioned by the guys at the Jawa Amory.

I have had a vast amount of Jawa MOC's (all different card issues) checked and none (so far) have this type of blaster in fact no other Genuine Jawa Blaster that has been confirmed has anything like the line with the upward curve at the end. On all the confirmed Original Jawa Blasters the line doesn't run to the end. :?

I still need anyone with Jawa MOC's on SWF to check them if you get 5 minutes 8)

Currently its only turned up in loose collections and in one REPRO bundle off eBay (sold as REPRO's).

Jay

PM sent Bryan.

Jedi534

Jedi Knight
Here is another that was a suspect repro for years until Plantman posted his Droids Boba Fett and confirmed it on the card. Maybe there should be a "What the Heck?" section on your new website! :D

534_wpn_guide_imp_blstr_12.jpg

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
I was following your threads on that blaster Bryan and was buzzing to see it finally get a MOC verification and it features as a Variant on the site.

I'm using Green Font Heading for confirmed Original Weapons and Red Font heading for REPRO's I guess I may have to use a Yellow (Amber) Font Heading for those weapons that have not been locked down either way yet?

Guys Bryan's research into the above Imperial Blaster Variant wouldn't have come to fruitition without Andy taking the time out to check his MOC's so I hope those with Jawa MOC's can do the same. :)

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Here are some pictures provided by AussieJames (Cheers Mate)

Its exactly the same sculpt as the suspect REPRO.

The key factor is James's example seems to be pure Black.

None of the Original verified Jawa Blasters are pure black (Apart from Glassite)

This version of the Jawa Blaster has also turned up in a REPRO bundle as well.

AussieJamesJawaBasterPic1.jpg

AussieJamesJawaBasterPic2.jpg

Jay

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom