Archived Harbert R2D2 MOC - SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooternick

Jedi Knight
Seller asked for valuation but no one provided a valuation. Seller advertised item using best available information he had at the time. Forum members tell him he's overpriced the item based on the very few examples sold. Seller asked for advice about price in valuation thread, not in sales post. Seems harsh.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Sorry. Thought I might be being helpful, since I know that the 70 has been for sale for a long time, and usually people that are trying to sell an item would find some real previous sales data helpful. Clearly advise is not particularly well received or welcome so I won't bother in future.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
scooternick said:
Seller asked for valuation but no one provided a valuation. Seller advertised item using best available information he had at the time. Forum members tell him he's overpriced the item based on the very few examples sold. Seller asked for advice about price in valuation thread, not in sales post. Seems harsh.

Your right. Advising him that one has been on sale for over six months, very well exposed, and telling him what it sold for a fortnight ago is a really ****ing harsh thing to do. What was I thinking. I should have kept my mouth shut and just left him to keep trying to sell it at the price he was advertising it at.

tigerham

Sith Lord
scooternick said:

Thank you and you're right, it should have been discussed in the valuation thread and not in the FS thread after no valuations were given so I basically went on what I bought it for minus some as I know I probably paid a certain amount over what it was worth a but then I got it on a payment plan so wasn't complainnig.

Mr-shifter said:
Sorry. Thought I might be being helpful, since I know that the 70 has been for sale for a long time, and usually people that are trying to sell an item would find some real previous sales data helpful. Clearly advise is not particularly well received or welcome so I won't bother in future.

Like I said, I appreciate the advice but giving me a price on a 70 compared to an 80 doesn't really give much to go on although going by my experience on the prices bvetween the two is quite a bit in some cases. Not consistently accurate but then this hobby is all opver the place on prices.

Plus I stated in the beginning what I got it for and that I was not expecting to get that back, just a fair price as I'm sure there will be some prepared to pay what they think it worth to themselves as are most prices driven by.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
It's not an 80 though, It's an ungraded figure.

So you are comparing a 70 with an ungraded figure.

What are you going to do if it grades a 75 now? Not much difference between a 70 and a 75.

You are correct. It will find a market value when someone who wants it makes an offer you are willing to accept. Just thought you might find it useful to know what the market was for this figure.

It was for sale for 8 months btw. That's also useful for you to know if you really want to sell the item.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:

What are you going to do if it grades a 75 now? Not much difference between a 70 and a 75.

You are correct. It will find a market value when someone who wants it makes an offer you are willing to accept. Just thought you might find it useful to know what the market was for this figure.

It was for sale for 8 months btw. That's also useful for you to know if you really want to sell the item.

So, taking it out of a previously graded 80 means it's not an 80 anymore because it's not in an acrylic case which costs around £13 and is in the same shape it was when graded? lol, ok then.

The 80 is a grade which was suggested by a company due to it's condition, not because it has an acrylic case with a sticker on it. The condition of the MOC has not changed, therefore neither has the grade.

When I originally mentioned it was graded an 80 this was to show people a guide on what condition it's in plus the fact hat if they were to get it graded again then it would probably getthe same thing.

IF for what ever reason it grades any lower than an 80 then I would be having talks with UKG for inconsitency in their grading.

How can I compare a 70. with. an ungraded figurew? That's like comparing cream cheese to solid. Same ball game different area. It can't be done.

Also, if I decided to get it re-graded for around £50 and it grades an 80 then I'll now be able to sell it for an 80 when it was previsouly graded an 80? Hmmm ok then.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:

And it was yourself comparing a 70 to an ugraded figure not myself. How can I compare a 70 to an ungraded figure when it originally graded an 80 and is in exactly the same condition as before when graded an 80 minus the case and sticker. Hardly a fair comparison. If I was to be technical then I would go by what the 80 costs minus the £50 for grading.

I never mentioned the 70 in the beginning.

This conversation is getting out of hand as in the beginning I stated it was PREVIOUSLY graded an 80 not is now and used this grade simply as a guidline for it's condition.

lejackal

Grand Master
I think you're missing the point, people pay more for graded items because they are graded, fo have a sticker with a made up number on and are in a case. If grading only added the premium of the 50 quid or whatever it costs all the celebrity dealers wouldn't grade anything as there would be no extra profit in it.

I do think comparing a c8 ungraded to a 70 graded is entirely fare as one carries a grade premium, the other does not, although in theory it's in better condition.

For what it's worth one of these graded 80 sold last year for around £1200 on eBay.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
UKS said:
Haters gonna hate.

GL on the sale

UKS

Can you explain this please fella?

The original intention of the post I made was to perhaps give the seller an idea as to why he might be sat on his sale item for a number of months without selling it. It was polite and courteous and contained factual information about a real recent sale that might be of interest.

The seller gets all salty because it's not what he wants to hear and now I'm a "hater". What do I hate exactly?

tigerham

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
UKS said:
Haters gonna hate.

GL on the sale

UKS

Can you explain this please fella?

The original intention of the post I made was to perhaps give the seller an idea as to why he might be sat on his sale item for a number of months without selling it. It was polite and courteous and contained factual information about a real recent sale that might be of interest.

The seller gets all salty because it's not what he wants to hear and now I'm a "hater". What do I hate exactly?

Excuse me??? Gets all 'salty' my friend?

Firstly you give me your 'advice' in a section it's not suppose to be while my FS thread is on the go. Not good practice. You should have PM'd mje if anything.

Secondly you have no right to say this abpout me when I have said nothing rude to you my friend and now you are name's calling~!~

Admin please delete this FS thread. I'm done ands I hope this doesn not happen to other member.

How extremely rude!!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Hi guys, looks like this got a bit out of hand, probably because it's on the internet rather than a face to face conversation. We don't have a hard and fast rule about advice on pricing (or "price bashing" as they call it on Facebook.) I'm sure Ben's advice was well intentioned, it probably just didn't come across that way. And I agree, no need for name calling. IMO the price is pretty reasonable as it's a cool piece, and as we all know grade chasers generally avoid anything below an 85 which is probably why the 70 sold for so little, I often find lower condition items are worth more out of the case than in.

Jez

Sith Lord
Such a gorgeous piece.
It might be worth checking Vectis for previous sales Ham. This may well do really well on that Platform.

I love it. Out of my budget but definitely one of those "oooh I'd love that"

tigerham

Sith Lord
momike said:
Sorry to see this happen to your FS post Ham :(

Jez said:
Such a gorgeous piece.
It might be worth checking Vectis for previous sales Ham. This may well do really well on that Platform.

I love it. Out of my budget but definitely one of those "oooh I'd love that"

Thank you both.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Further reduction to £1000 posted/shipped and buyer pays 4% PP fees or PP F&F. Thank you.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Needs be so £900 posted and buyer pays 4% PP fess or PP F&F just for tonight as the auction has started and will let it run from tomorrow if no offers tonight. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom