Grand Theft Auto V

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yep another excited one here too. I've had it on pre order since it was announced so 5 days to go and cant wait. Been playing GTA IV the last couple of weeks, love the games as there is so much to do you wont get bored!!!

plantman

Sith Lord
I managed to pre-order it with Tesco for £30 when it was first due for release then got delayed about 8 months, now they have brought in all the ingame "sub games" its going to be awesome, cant beat getting a BJ and then blowing her head off and getting you money back :p

rob71

Sith Lord
plantman said:
I managed to pre-order it with Tesco for £30 when it was first due for release then got delayed about 8 months, now they have brought in all the ingame "sub games" its going to be awesome, cant beat getting a BJ and then blowing her head off and getting you money back :p

:shock: wtf?? - not one for the kids then :lol:

plantman

Sith Lord
rob71 said:
plantman said:

:shock: wtf?? - not one for the kids then :lol:

LOL yep deffo not for the kids, best game ever made for replay value though, just pick it up and search an entire bunch of cities for something to do, or kill, or drive, or fly ect

hours of fun :)

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'll be getting it on PS3, not upgrading to PS4 yet, wait for the price to come down a bit. Plus got too many PS3 games I wanna play.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Pretty excited for this too altho i'm one of the few people that thought GTA IV was pretty much the worst in the series. Beatiful graphics but lost the excitement of the previous releases. No "wow" moments. So hoping for better.

Plus a friend of mine has a track on the soundtrack which is beyond cool so look out for "Shine A Light" by C90s. :D 8)

[youtube]K57dVZ4oHtQ[/youtube]

plantman

Sith Lord
judging by these prices its going to damn cheap to get any ps3/xbox 360 console near xmas

http://www.play.com/stores/ZavviOutlet/listing/853547920

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
I might hold out a while on this one. It might end up in my christmas stocking.

My next game purchase should be WindWaker HD :wink:

x-pack

Grand Master
I haven't seen anything about GTA 5. After the last shambles I just lost interest. What's the story with the new one?

chiffy

Sith Lord
There are no plans for GTA V to be released on the xbox one or ps4. Also, GTA IV was/is the best game ever invented! I can't believe all the negativity on here surrounding it? I still find time to play it now and it's been out 5 years. Can't wait till 00.01 Tuesday morning cos' i'm there man :D I've also booked the day off when i pick my day 1 release Xbox one up but that's because i'm a ****ing nerdy bastard :mrgreen:

x-pack

Grand Master
I had two main issues with GTA IV ...well three actually. The first thing i noticed was that the game was very dark, and by that i mean I couldn't actually see what the hell I was doing! My TV is fine but that issue really got on my tits in the early levels.

Secondly, and it's been a while since I played the game, the controls were very awkward. It's like they fiddled around with a system that worked well in San Andreas for no good reason.

Thirdly I never actually got to the end of the game. For some reason after one of the final missions it just stopped giving me anything to do. I always thought it could have been to do with the drawn out dating missions. Just got bored and gave up.

However, this is basically a good game despite the niggles. Some of the side games were excellent. I liked how you could get pissed in the pub and then it was like a warning what happens if you drink drive! Scenery was great but quite repetitive. Some nice side games and activities.

GTA IV was not a terrible game but I wouldn't say it's the best of the series.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ive just completed the game and am now trolling through all of the side missions.

Police Most Want, Secret Packages which actually are pidgeons you have to kill and unique stunt jumps. Very laborious but I MUST GET THOSE TROPHIES!!!!!!!!!!!

There, im calm now!!

I agree with you x-pack, i had to turn my TV brightness up on some parts becasue it was so dark.

x-pack

Grand Master
**** yeh man! You just made me remember all those damn missions shooting pigeons and stupid crap like that. I think I have a book for the game if anyone's interested - £5. You're gonna need it :roll:

The other thing that just came back to me are the driving controls. When I played GTA IV I'd come straight from GTA San Andreas. You would think the controls would be the same and away you go ...nope. Driving the cars was somehow made unnecessarily fiddly. I think they changed the combat controls as well. Why? Shame because it could have been awesome.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
1 MORE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you tell im excited. Had some come into work this morning. Big mistake by the mail centre, shouldnt have released them to delivery office's until tomorrow!! :oops: Someone's gonna get a bollocking!! Sadly mine wasnt in the one's that turned up.

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Good little video on the The Guardian site today from the games original designers

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/video/2013/sep/15/making-grand-theft-auto-video

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yea got the same email dispatched today!!

Amazon have been on the news this morning in big trouble with Rockstar by the sounds of for releasing the game early. Some people are reported to have had it turn up on their doorsteps last Thursday and Friday. Big **** up on Amazon's part!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom