Frank Sidebottom's SW collection.

poncho

Grand Master
He sold them on ebay acouple of years before he died he was skint. He even included a picture of him holding the listed item and autographed it as a part of the listing.

poncho

Grand Master
.....Well a cartoon of him as the character not a picture of him. I was close my memory is hazey

this is what his loose figure auctions looked like

CIMG5525.jpg

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
A few years ago a guy called Steve Sullivan started a Kickstarter page for a documentary film called "Being Frank". It's the life story of Chris Sievey, the man behind the Frank Sidebottom mask. He was asking for donations for the film and along with Martin Sievey (Chris' brother) they put together some packages for donators. Chris Sievey's cellar was apparently full of stuff which he had collected over the years. They were clearing it and some of the stuff went to donators. I've been a Sidebottom fan since I was a kid so wanted to see the film. I donated a few quid and they sent me a "I should be so lucky" goodie bag. I was so happy when it arrived and saw who was inside...
The film is still in production, if you contact them Martin may still have some of his stuff? Sidebottom was a Star Wars fanatic. Hope the film comes out Soon.

90081046-70E6-4183-B832-5D911F49DF24_zpsqtvlvlu1.jpg

24933E96-D0FF-45A0-BD2C-F721EE047EB7_zpszqevdqn9.jpg

Scott

Padawan
Darth Bobby said:
A few years ago a guy called Steve Sullivan started a Kickstarter page for a documentary film called "Being Frank". It's the life story of Chris Sievey, the man behind the Frank Sidebottom mask. He was asking for donations for the film and along with Martin Sievey (Chris' brother) they put together some packages for donators. Chris Sievey's cellar was apparently full of stuff which he had collected over the years. They were clearing it and some of the stuff went to donators. I've been a Sidebottom fan since I was a kid so wanted to see the film. I donated a few quid and they sent me a "I should be so lucky" goodie bag. I was so happy when it arrived and saw who was inside...
The film is still in production, if you contact them Martin may still have some of his stuff? Sidebottom was a Star Wars fanatic. Hope the film comes out Soon.

90081046-70E6-4183-B832-5D911F49DF24_zpsqtvlvlu1.jpg

24933E96-D0FF-45A0-BD2C-F721EE047EB7_zpszqevdqn9.jpg

That's a great story and lovely certificate and figure. I beleive the film is still being edited.http://www.beingfrankmovie.com/shop.html Think I will order the Blu Ray.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Some more popped up today on Facebook. Someone on Echo Base had a couple of Gam Guards and an FX7 from him!

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
I saw the finished documentary yesterday at the BFI, there's a few glimpses of vintage in it but not many. A funny bit with Vader. The film is brilliant and any Frank fans will really enjoy it.

Attachments

• F722EFB9-0FC5-41FC-8ED5-2A04AC343136.jpeg
    F722EFB9-0FC5-41FC-8ED5-2A04AC343136.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 97

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Cheers for reminding me about this. I was disappointed with 'Frank' but have no doubt this'll be much better.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
peekaygee73 said:
Cheers for reminding me about this. I was disappointed with 'Frank' but have no doubt this'll be much better.

Yeah 'Frank' was pointless rubbish. This is 100 times better.

spoons

Grand Master
Brilliant goody bag - love it!

I remember the sell off too, never bought anything but I did sell Frank one of my Crash magazines that had a copy of Oink magazine with it. I guess he never kept a copy when it was released

http://the-oink-blog.blogspot.com/2014/06/crash-special-oink-issue-pull-out-comic.html

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
spoons said:
Brilliant goody bag - love it!

I remember the sell off too, never bought anything but I did sell Frank one of my Crash magazines that had a copy of Oink magazine with it. I guess he never kept a copy when it was released

http://the-oink-blog.blogspot.com/2014/06/crash-special-oink-issue-pull-out-comic.html

Wow, I used to love Oink! and crash magazine.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
I still remember the chorus of the song on the free flexidisc with issue 1 of Oink!

"Poo-poo tinkle-tinkle parp-parp oink!" :lol: :lol:

spoons

Grand Master
peekaygee73 said:
I still remember the chorus of the song on the free flexidisc with issue 1 of Oink!

"Poo-poo tinkle-tinkle parp-parp oink!" :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom