Focus Picture - Variant Collection.

Adam_Burges

Padawan
Yeah its a nasty lesson to learn.

I was registered as just Adam before the system went down, I only just re-registered as i also have had pc probs, nice to be back though, and bearing pics if only I could get my webspace to work.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Hi Adam, I've still got a couple of your pictures on my computer!!

I think it is the Glasslite and Uzay collections from when you posted before. 8)

Adam_Burges

Padawan
thanks for offering some of my pictures back, I actually still have the ones that were shared as they are still on the domain, its not as bad as I think but I did lose alot of useful pics of prototypes and bootlegs that cannot be replaced.

cocofstar

Sith Lord
Here is a pic of my loose Luke Farmboy collection :arrow:

hk123dbnocootwchinavt3.jpg

Left to right - HK version 1 - HK version 2, dark pants - HK version 2, light pants, lemon hair - HK Dark brown hair - No Country of Origin, brown hair - Made in Taiwan - Made in China.

Still on the look out for Glasslite and HK orange hair.

mash

Sith Lord
Coco,
Brilliant collection of farmboys what would be the hardest one to get from that lot??
At the moment I only have three I stopped buying them because of the repro sabres every one I got had a repro and I didnt know until it was too late. :twisted:

mash

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
The dark brown haired one is the toughest to find, although I've got 2 !! 8)

Luke, Vader and Ben Sabers are the only weapons I have trouble with deciding if they are repro or not as there are a couple of variants. :evil:

How do you know yours was a repro?

IMTech

Padawan
Repro sabers are a problem - I have a few Lukes and I am not sure about the validity of any of the sabers (apart from the one with letters on the hilt - although I guess this could be faked).

As many people have mentioned the Jawa Armory website is good for spotting repro sabers: ââ'¬â€œ

http://www.loresdelsith.net/rincon/armeria/index2.htm

Although as they point out some companies are producing high quality reproductions: -

http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/welcome.htm

I recently got my first definite reproduction Vader saber, and it stood out a mile: -

The colour was instantly wrong and was too red and shiny, and when you scratched it the paint came right off ââ'¬â€œ the guy claimed it was an original!!!!

cocofstar

Sith Lord
mash said:
what would be the hardest one to get from that lot??
mash

I would have to agree with Craig and say the Dark Brown Haired Luke was the most difficult for me. Others I have left to pick up include HK Ginger Hair, HK DT Light Sabre, Glasslite and the latest discovery No COO raised bar.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
IMTech said:
The colour was instantly wrong and was too red and shiny, and when you scratched it the paint came right off ââ'¬â€œ the guy claimed it was an original!!!!
The painted ones are wasy to spot, it's just the plastic ones I have trouble with. :evil:

I have a Kenobi one with to me looks repro but when I compared it a carded one I used to have it looked identical. :?

Personally the only way to be 100% certain is to buy damaged cards and take the figures off yourself but Luke, Ben and Vader ones are too expensive to make it worthwhile. :(

mash

Sith Lord
Most of mine were bought on Ebay when I was completely nieve and before I started using this forum and then finding out about jawas armory etc
all three are painted :cry: :cry:

mash

Adam_Burges

Padawan
Nice photos guys! love the luke tats and the han hoths! and that green bagged chewie is very unusual.

Here is a picture i am trying to do for my collection, the first is Yoda.

yoda.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
they are cool 8) 8)

I've never really been tempted to buy bootlegs...until now - they look excellent! Is pig nose an official term?

what's the COO on the top toys one?

Adam_Burges

Padawan
Top toys has no coo.

Bootlegs are definately the way forward, for every variation collector I think. Well for me it was anyway, a simple transition from collecting colour variants to then collecting Uzay (as Uzay are the closest bootlegs to liscensed figures IMO) - polish etc. I haven't even started on model trem or PPL yet but i'm sure I will one day.

I would love to pick up the missing Uzay/Polish/Hungarian I would like to complete my sets, there is no rush though :wink:

Adam_Burges

Padawan
Oh Spoons, The Pig nose is definately a term used by collectors to call the Hungarian Yoda as it does have a small pig like nose, there are 2 variations of the pig nose yoda. I dont know who makes it official or not, but yes its a pig nose.

spoons

Grand Master
you wouldn't want to meet those Polish Leia's on a dark night :shock:

great stuff Adam - one more question what's billiken?

Adam_Burges

Padawan
The Billiken line is a controversial line of bootlegs thought to be produced in south America, particularly Argentina whereby they are thought to be vending machine promotions. thats my take on them anyway, if anyone else that reads here would like to chime in on what they have manage to decipher then please do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom