Fantasy Football league anyone?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I agree to an extent. Schwartzer (or however you spell it) and Given aren't absolutely amazing goalkeepers (Given is the much better of the two), and possibly on his day Almunia is on a par with both. BUT how many **** ups have we seen Almunia make over the last 2-3 seasons. Now compare that to the number of **** ups Given has made, I can only think of 1!

Agreed about Almunia/Fabianski knowing Wenger doesn't rate them and Fulham fans knowing Schwartzer wants out not being good for either party. But surely to christ Amunia and Fabianski must have guessed that their constant school boy **** ups weren't exactly gonna inspire Wengers confidence!?

spoons

Grand Master
weasel said:
I agree to an extent. Schwartzer (or however you spell it) and Given aren't absolutely amazing goalkeepers (Given is the much better of the two), and possibly on his day Almunia is on a par with both. BUT how many **** ups have we seen Almunia make over the last 2-3 seasons. Now compare that to the number of **** ups Given has made, I can only think of 1!

Agreed about Almunia/Fabianski knowing Wenger doesn't rate them and Fulham fans knowing Schwartzer wants out not being good for either party. But surely to christ Amunia and Fabianski must have guessed that their constant school boy **** ups weren't exactly gonna inspire Wengers confidence!?

Almunia has made less **** ups than Schwarzer over the last few years but just doesn't command his box very well - if any other keeper had conceded that goal at Liverpool the press would have said great shot, unstoppable. Becuase it was Almunia the response was he shouldn't have got beat. Fabianski is useless so I wont bother with him.

Given may be less prone to errors but I'm not convinced - he looked great for Newcastle because their defence was awful, but he doesn't command the box particularly well either. Mancini obviously agrees :wink:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Aye, I don't for a second blame Almunia for that goal. Ok, he shouldn't have been beaten at his near post, but the speed and accuracy of that shot would have beaten any other keeper in the league, it was probably just the fact that Ngog hit it.
He does make more **** ups than any other keeper in the league (apart from Fabianski) though.

spoons

Grand Master
weasel said:
He does make more **** ups than any other keeper in the league (apart from Fabianski) though.

Can't remember one ever as bad as Reina's :lol: :lol: :wink:

Dub

Padawan
Must admit, why Wenger didnt sign another keeper is a complete mystery to alot of people. Given would have been an ideal signing IMO but I dont think Mancini would have let Given go to another Premiership team. Considering Arsene's love for foreign players, suprised he didnt shop abroad !

spoons

Grand Master
weasel said:
Can you remember another Reina **** up though?

Wasn't he in goal for the beach ball :lol:

To turn the tables, name one genuine Almunia gaffe - I don't know why I'm defending him, but as far as I can remember although he's let in a few soft goals he's never done anything calamitous

spoons

Grand Master
Dub said:
Considering Arsene's love for foreign players, suprised he didnt shop abroad !

Because Richard Wright, Matthew Uspon and Frannie Jeffers worked out so well :roll: :wink:

The young English boys at Arsenal are all trained in the Arsenal way, hopefully there will be a few more of them coming through. Also isn't Arsenal's youth team goalie now the England 4th choice goalie - spoilt for choice in this country :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
spoons said:
weasel said:

To turn the tables, name one genuine Almunia gaffe - I don't know why I'm defending him, but as far as I can remember although he's let in a few soft goals he's never done anything calamitous

Off the top of my head did he not drop a bollock away to Brum in the run in last season?

spoons

Grand Master
weasel said:
spoons said:
weasel said:

Off the top of my head did he not drop a bollock away to Brum in the run in last season?

He did, but the goal should have been offside so it doesn't really count :wink:

spoons

Grand Master
another one from Reina last night - he'll be getting a reputation soon and must be running Paul Robinson close :lol: :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Haven't seen ANY of last nights footy, what happened?

PS, He can drop all the bollocks he wants when he plays for Spain!

spoons

Grand Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNDKDDrDKQ4

go to about 3 mins in (33 mins of real time) :lol: :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Quality! :lol: (He can do that for Spain all he wants!)

It's amazing how much better Argentina looked when they actually appointed someone as manager WHO KNEW HOW TO MANAGE! :roll:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I know I'm kind of out on a limb here, but I think appointing someone as manager JUST because they were a good player (twenty years ago) and ignoring the fact they have NO coaching qualifications or experience and have a minor history of drug and alcohol addicition as well as some slightly ehhh erratic behavior, isn't really such a good idea!

spoons

Grand Master
weasel said:
I know I'm kind of out on a limb here, but I think appointing someone as manager JUST because they were a good player (twenty years ago) and ignoring the fact they have NO coaching qualifications or experience and have a minor history of drug and alcohol addicition as well as some slightly ehhh erratic behavior, isn't really such a good idea!

now that's just crazy talk :wink:

spoons

Grand Master
weasel said:
You're right! I think we should start the Gazza for the England Manager campaign here!

as long as he wears his old suits, he always make me smile dressed in his old clothes that are several sizes too big :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom