Facebook runaround......

poncho

Grand Master
in short my 7 year old daughter had a LOL doll for xmas (its a surprise doll) she already had it so was gutted she had a duplicate

i go on local for sale groups in my area on facebook asking if anyone would like to swap with my daughter for one she hasnt got.

a guy messaged me saying his daughter would like to swap.

we arrange to go to his house to swap

i take my excited girl to arrange a swap with me and the mrs

no answer at the door

i messaged him nothing

later he replies saying he is in and didnt hear me despite waiting and coming back and the address i went to was correct. i arrange to go back

again no reply no lights on sign of life at the address.

turns out he pranked me!

didnt bother me neithier did i rise to his nonesense replies after.

but my daughter who is 7 does not understand why a another daddy would do this or lie

i told her some people in this world are cruel and are ****wits

a harsh lesson learn atfer xmas day :(

subzero

Sith Lord
Wow, some people really don't deserve to be alive, why treat someone and a little kid like that just for kicks?

Just when I think iv'e heard it all. :evil:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I would name and shame the prick on Facebook, tell this story on facebook and post the link here I reckon it will get a lot of press.

Report him to the admin as well he should get banned.

You don't prank people you don't no like that and you don't prank 7 year old girls.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Oh no Poncho that's ****..!! What a complete dick sack. Well strangely my daughter also opened her lol on Christmas morning and got one she already has. Which one is your daughters duplicate?? Maybe we could swap. Hers is this one, if you're interested I'll get the actual toy and post a photo with all the bits, it's complete.

AA6F380C-EA9A-4997-88D2-C3D3B29D68F4.jpeg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Robstyley said:
Oh no Poncho that's ****..!! What a complete dick sack. Well strangely my daughter also opened her lol on Christmas morning and got one she already has. Which one is your daughters duplicate?? Maybe we could swap. Hers is this one, if you're interested I'll get the actual toy and post a photo with all the bits, it's complete.

AA6F380C-EA9A-4997-88D2-C3D3B29D68F4.jpeg
Good man, Rob! Hopefully this will bring a happy ending for Poncho's daughter.

As for the 'hilarious' asshole who thought it would be fun to cruelly disappoint a 7 year-old girl (as well as wasting Poncho's time), since you have his Facebook details, I agree that it is only fair that you publicize his name and act of unkindness for as many people to see as possible. I'm quite sure there are plenty of individuals out there who will take an equally dim view of his actions and be keen to let him know exactly what they think of him.

Please keep us posted on both aspects of this story, Poncho, both Rob's kind offer and Mr 'No-Show's' hopeful comeuppance.

Taffius

Sith Lord
I cannot even conceive someones idea like this being a prank. Perhaps he is very ill and as such, he thrives on such thrills.

What comes around, goes around. He will have his just rewards in life or gets some help!

Sorry to hear Poncho, hope your daughter gets what she desires via Rob (top dog matey).

Robstyley

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
Nice one, have you swappped?

No Poncho took it back to the shop. It's o.k, my girl bought a couple more on Sat with Christmas money and she's not bothered now, happy to keep it. She swaps all the accessories around anyway...! Can you imagine?! Vader with a yellow sabre.. or Han Solo with the wrong blaster :? :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
No I can't imagine! :lol:

We've had a facebook time waster last week, not as bad as this one but still annoying. Sold an item last Tuesday to a lady who said she would pick it up Sunday. So we make arangements so someone would be in Sunday, Sunday comes and we message asking what time she would be coming. We get a reply saying sorry I don't wont it anymore, brought a similar item in the sales on Saturday!!

So my wife lists the item again saying item still available due to time waster and the lady has the nerve to message us saying I hope we don't mean her when we say time waster!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom