ESB Palitoy MOCs - scale of rarity

sith-smith

Grand Master
There are a surprising number of figures that seem to be accepted as existing for which there is nothing more than hear say and conjecture.

Personally I hope none of them do as I then don't have to worry about finding and buying! :D

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Ha! That sure would b less stressful Gary :!:

As u guys have said we know for sure the above mentioned 30 backs exist/existed MOC. I had a chance of buying a Ben and Leia for around £25 each years ago :!: The bubbles were fully factory sealed to the card but the top of each bubble had been sliced so as to remove the figures for display. Figures were mint complete and footers present. Yep kick myself all the time about missing out :(

I personally have been told of a Jawa and Luke existing and the person who told me is far from a vintage novice, more like a vintage professional BUT I have no evidence to provide :!: Naturally if true that info would b highly classified as the person who told me is a massive Palitoy collector himself and wouldn't want anyone else getting in the way of him getting those 30 backs for his collection which is fair enough. This person also claims to own a 30 back Vader but again I have no evidence and when I asked to c pictures they refused to show me :?: :!: Now I am not saying the person is being untruthful, just stating the facts. I don't know of any pictures of a 30 back Vader anywhere-would love to c just one :wink:

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Lee Gregory said:
Andyclarke said:
As far as I am aware the only known cardback or MOC examples of SW characters on 30 backs are Han, Ben, Leia, Chewbacca and DSC. There is absolutely no evidence of any of the others.

Well obviously there is Andy, didn't you read the post on the previous page???? :wink:

Maybe the Meccano Fett that sold today was bought by a collector from Asia.....

:lol: :lol:

80s_collector

Padawan
Well, if a certain collector I know had come and said hi at celebration on Friday, there were 4 ungraded first 12 30bks under our table waiting to be collected.
I was planning to show him them in the flesh then the uncertainty would stop...!
But he never came..!

As for photos get a grip, it's a product (money to me only) as I said previously.

I've sold toys over the years for far more than 30 bks go for and I never photographed any.
It's a product and a business to me.

Obviously so many so called flippers and part time traders think they have the right to know professional legal traders business.....er no....it doesn't work like that.

So as the web is a worldwide open book, I think it's better if you all just forget about my business and get on with your own lives.

There's real professional dealers in the world and a lot of wannabes....
Enough said.
Good hunting

80s_collector

Padawan
Lee Gregory said:
Thought they'd gone to Asia??? Or perhaps you have doubles of these???

Good memory lee, yes the 5 I sold i delivered to Asia the other week and the buyer came to London on business and met up with me for another four on Friday.

As for doubles, well should know by now my cards are kept close lol

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Wow :!: sounds like you have so many of these 12 back character 30 backs u must b sick of the sight of them

:lol: :lol:

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
I do like ur unorthodox style though;

display the 30 back Rebel Soldier on a stage in flashing lights and kick the 12 back 30 backs under the table :idea:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
palitoyjunky said:

display the 30 back Rebel Soldier on a stage in flashing lights and kick the 12 back 30 backs under the table :idea:

Best and funniest post this year. :lol: :lol:

80s_collector

Padawan
palitoyjunky said:

No your wrong, I don't have loads of them at all.

As for the rebel soldier he was for sale, the other 4 were sold already so why use up room displaying them when they're sold.

I wanted to sell at celebration, I'm not a museum. We had lots of pre solds under the tables waiting to be collected so why display any of them, that's a waste of table space in my eyes.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Have a sense of humour Ian :D

In all seriousness if that was me and I did have those pieces, I would have had them sitting pretty on my table sold or not :!: Would have made ur table the talk of the show and what an advert it would have been for ur business :!: :!:

Plus it would have given vintage collectors like me great pleasure to c them :!:

Star Zone Toys had two SW character 30 back reseals on display and they were attracting a lot of attention I'm sure 8)

But hey just my opinion and obviously ur in charge.

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Loch Ness Monster, extra terrestrials, Abonimable Snowman, Big Foot, Ian's first 12 figures on 30 backs. Question, what do all these have in common? :lol:

Hothrebel

Jedi Master
Andyclarke said:
Loch Ness Monster, extra terrestrials, Abonimable Snowman, Big Foot, Ian's first 12 figures on 30 backs. Question, what do all these have in common? :lol:
Jealousy comes to mind :D

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Hothrebel said:
Andyclarke said:

Err Nick that doesn't make sense???

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Actually Nick, weren't you selling with Ian?? Did you see them? Surely you as a collector and valued member of the forum would have had the good sense to take a pic of what is potentially one of the great finds of the decade.

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Hothrebel said:
Andyclarke said:

I'm not jealous at all as I personally would not be able to afford what these figures would most likely fetch. Ian has already said it's a business to him, fair enough, but Andy is right, without proof they are as good as having never existed.

Shame that you can't seem to confirm one way or the other.

Hothrebel

Jedi Master
The simple answer is yes.
I didn't take pictures because they don't belong to me.The deal for the second lot was done without any involvement from me.He conducted that deal with an existing client of his.None of the pre sale items were displayed (due to the high cost of space we didn't feel the need to put out items that were already sold)Regarding the first ones I advised Ian about price ( because he received a very low ball offer).
At the end of they day how Ian conducts his buisness is exactly that his business
I have read this thread from start to finish and at the end of the day you can believe what you want.

80s_collector

Padawan
Andyclarke said:
Hothrebel said:
Andyclarke said:

Err Nick that doesn't make sense???

Great words Andy....surprising really how people change....last year you were begging me to supply you with vintage product, but now your comparing me with extra terrestrials...cheers..!

80s_collector

Padawan
Great post Nick by the way, at least you understand my business confidentiality.

More to the point you understand me as a person, and basically it's selling to me and a good laugh with some good clients, colleagues and friends.

Showing off and proving to people "look what I've got" is not my cup of tea, as we discussed many times.

But the biggest puzzle for me is why so many people were at celebration, but never. Walk up to me and ask me things to my face..!

I gather the forum is where everybody feels better typing away and asking, commenting and showing their feelings sat in the comfort of their home or office...!

So next time, everyone, please come and introduce yourself to me and ask your questions...!
Trust me I don't bite, I'm a pretty reasonable guy.

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Had a good look at what you had for sale at Celebration and I presumed, maybe incorrectly, that you everything what you had for sale was on display. All I saw items that you can buy from most Vectis auctions, with a graded premium slapped on top.

I genuinely had no idea that the stall was yours, if I knew I may well have said hello and got chatting to you......I'm not the type to hide behind my laptop or phone in this case in the comfort of my home

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom