Do you display as a scene

poncho

Grand Master
that was a member (jedimindtricks) who was creating a jabba palace with dungeon diaroma a couple of years ago with lighting it looked amazing shame the pics still arnt up!

Jim1974

Padawan
Jim1974 said:
escapist said:
I love that acrylic dome too! Would make it perfectly child proof too!!

Got it off eBay UK. Do search for acrylic dome. Company in England sells different sizes. Think this was 600mm or 700mm, would need to check. They made me a base to match it so the playset is well protected and keeps off the dust. IMO it makes the playset.
Mine sits on a stand about waist height that can be rotated.

Jim

I did actually think about getting a second ds playset and dome and some way put the 2 together to make a full ds. Still thinking about it but not sure how to attach the one underneath.....

.Q.

Jedi Master
Wowzers Jim, brilliant set-up! Very original way to show off all that vintage sweetness, well played.
Escapist, love the enclosed feel of your displays, great scene setting.
I guess the problem with dioramas is the space they require, but I really like the effort and attention to detail that goes into them. Plus, it's fun to play with!

escapist

Jedi Knight
Jim1974 said:
I did actually think about getting a second ds playset and dome and some way put the 2 together to make a full ds. Still thinking about it but not sure how to attach the one underneath.....

THis would be amazing. But would gravity play a negative role in holding the figures?

Doomseeker

Jedi Master
P1040195_zpsc1274be8.jpg

This is my current Death Star setup, again, please don't flame me for use of modern figures in a vintage playset :D
That all vintage Death Satr setup is awesome, the dome is wicked!

x-pack

Grand Master
Sames. Some of the new figures make great additions. I love how you can get every figure from the Cantina bar now.

escapist

Jedi Knight
x-pack said:
Sames. Some of the new figures make great additions. I love how you can get every figure from the Cantina bar now.

nearly everyone... well actually there are a fair few still to be made!! i think i've got 90% of the modern ones now.

Jedi_june

Sith Lord
@Jim1974: :shock: That Death Star Playset is so awesome, great scene set up. The dome gives it a museum quality.

@Sith-Smith: Great scene set ups, cool with the boxes displayed behind.

sith-smith

Grand Master
I love the cloud city one too.

Setting up the scenes was really enjoyable to do. Looked nicer than just having the empty playset/vehicle there.

.Q.

Jedi Master
Yeah! Brilliant scenes Gary, must have been great larks to set up.
X-pack, the Bespin playset is a sexy piece of vintage hotness.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom