Decent Camera

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Hi all,

I'm looking to get a decent camera at a reasonable price, around the £50/$80 price mark, will go a bit higher if a certain models worth the extra.
Only problem is I dont know anything about photography, it has to be able to take good quality micro/close up pictures. Any one got any recommendations, I'l also conciser buying a second hand one of anyone who has a decent one lying around thanks in advance.

Scott

PGowdy

Grand Master
It's very difficult/impossible to get a decent camera at that price. I assume you want digital?
These are some of the best, affordable compact, digital cameras available. They are as cheap as you can go and still get a camera worth buying.

Screenshot2011-01-23at150201.png

Screenshot2011-01-23at150110.png

Screenshot2011-01-23at150055.png

Hope this helps.
Good luck.

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
AssyrianDrummer said:
Canon range are great high spec, cheap-ish cameras!

I used to work for Jessops - Camera store

Thanks for your input :D

PGowdy, That's a great help mate cheers :D looks like I'm going to have to spend a bit more than planned.
Thanks Scott

plantman

Sith Lord
All i can say id Fuji have been the best i have had, especially if you go on the fuji website and look at their refurb deals, they still come with the standard warranty too.

Most of them aint even refurbs, just returned items.

Just an example

https://secure.fujifilm.co.uk/shop/consumer/digital/digital-cameras/fun-and-easy/finepix-jx200

their customer service is good too,

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
plantman said:
All i can say id Fuji have been the best i have had, especially if you go on the fuji website and look at their refurb deals, they still come with the standard warranty too.

Most of them aint even refurbs, just returned items.

Just an example

https://secure.fujifilm.co.uk/shop/consumer/digital/digital-cameras/fun-and-easy/finepix-jx200

their customer service is good too,

Thanks plantman, I have a finepix A500 at the mo but the micro isn't very good. I't been a good camera but a bit dated now. What do you use and what are the micro pics like?

Scott

plantman

Sith Lord
Hi, well i have 3 fuhi cameras

an S1600 for decent shots, a J250 for small pocket camera when out with mates/birthdays ect and i have my trusty f100fd for taking pics macro and details of stuff i sell.

If your not bothered about a compact, something like an S1000 would br a good buy for £90

https://secure.fujifilm.co.uk/shop/consumer/digital/digital-cameras/d-slr-long-zoom/finepix-s1000fd-119757

the zoom is far better if you do go out for the day and want better quality pics from distance.

i tried all 3 of mine at the zoo and the s series was obviously better than a compact.

depends on what you want to spend.

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
plantman said:
Hi, well i have 3 fuhi cameras

an S1600 for decent shots, a J250 for small pocket camera when out with mates/birthdays ect and i have my trusty f100fd for taking pics macro and details of stuff i sell.

If your not bothered about a compact, something like an S1000 would br a good buy for £90

https://secure.fujifilm.co.uk/shop/consumer/digital/digital-cameras/d-slr-long-zoom/finepix-s1000fd-119757

the zoom is far better if you do go out for the day and want better quality pics from distance.

i tried all 3 of mine at the zoo and the s series was obviously better than a compact.

depends on what you want to spend.

Thanks, not bothered about size just want good micro pic of weapons and details on figs.

Will have a look at the fujis and the Cannons when I get a bit of time then get the best value for money.

Scott

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom