Home security camera for under £25

stormcab

Sith Lord
Definitely. I have a Hubble. Had for about 2 years. Feel that much better when I go abroad.

Detects movement, changes of temperature, sounds. You can also move the camera in any direction. The voice function is good if you need to shout "GET THE F**K OUT OF MY HOUSE OR I'M GONNA RIP YOUR NUTS OFF" :lol: :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Another piece of advice, check with your wife/girlfriend/partner first! Mine was less than impressed that I had set up "CCTV" without asking :oops:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Another piece of advice, check with your wife/girlfriend/partner first! Mine was less than impressed that I had set up "CCTV" without asking :oops:

Did you put one in the bathroom as well?

stormcab

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:

Haha, yeah first few weeks I would come home to find a piece of clothing thrown over it :D

Richard_H

Grand Master
A couple of questions:

To connect to this device do I need to change my wifi connection to the device each time?
How can I remote view over wifi?
Anyone got the PC app working? Mine says can't connect to server when I enter my settings.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I think you need the iOS or Android app to remote view over wi-fi. I couldn't get the PC app working either.

spoons

Grand Master
Richard_H said:
A couple of questions:

To connect to this device do I need to change my wifi connection to the device each time?
How can I remote view over wifi?
Anyone got the PC app working? Mine says can't connect to server when I enter my settings.

I've got mine running on my Iphone so haven't tried anything else

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Ah yes I had that same problem, can't view it over my office wi-fi either. Should work over 4G/3G if you try the link I posted on the previous page

plantman

Sith Lord
just as an add on to this thread, if you are after a decent camera with remote access, built in email function to send you images, video ect, wifi or POE get the foscam range off amazon, this is mine on front of garage, emails me every time there is movement, you can select areas on teh screen it monitors like "just the path" so you dont get birds etc

they range from £40-£100 for HD but some great cameras available, this one is the HD bullet

Attachments

• night.jpg
    night.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 50
  • day.jpg
    day.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 49

stormcab

Sith Lord
plantman said:
just as an add on to this thread, if you are after a decent camera with remote access, built in email function to send you images, video ect, wifi or POE get the foscam range off amazon, this is mine on front of garage, emails me every time there is movement, you can select areas on teh screen it monitors like "just the path" so you dont get birds etc

they range from £40-£100 for HD but some great cameras available, this one is the HD bullet

That's some damn good quality

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I can't believe it's been five years since this post, but I finally retired the trusty Clever Dog today and upgraded to this Aqara camera, which was only £58:

61uj6DNiSgS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

My main reasons for upgrading are better video quality, and finding a camera compatible with Apple HomeKit, which surprisingly is very few of them. The upsides of this are that you get 10 days of 'free' video storage/playback if you subscribe to any iCloud tier (I'm on the 75p a month one!) and also all video recorded is encrypted through Apple's servers, so you don't have to worry about a Chinese company hosting your videos/data (if that bothers you.) And the Apple Home app is more advanced than the Clever Dog app, for example mine now autoamtically starts recording any movment when I (my phone) leaves the house.

So I recommend it if anyone is looking for cheap peace of mind while out the house or on holiday.

coomber75

Sith Lord
damn cant nick that die cast loveliness spoons has now...will be ading this to the xmas list cheers

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I can't believe it's been five years since this post, but I finally retired the trusty Clever Dog today and upgraded to this Aqara camera, which was only £58:

View attachment 172389

My main reasons for upgrading are better video quality, and finding a camera compatible with Apple HomeKit, which surprisingly is very few of them. The upsides of this are that you get 10 days of 'free' video storage/playback if you subscribe to any iCloud tier (I'm on the 75p a month one!) and also all video recorded is encrypted through Apple's servers, so you don't have to worry about a Chinese company hosting your videos/data (if that bothers you.) And the Apple Home app is more advanced than the Clever Dog app, for example mine now autoamtically starts recording any movment when I (my phone) leaves the house.

So I recommend it if anyone is looking for cheap peace of mind while out the house or on holiday.
Edd, can you tell me how this is powdered?
USB or mains.
Cheers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom