Deber May - Anyone seen this??

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
Seeing that this thread is about to disappear from the front page, i like to bump it up, just to see if anyone had any reply whatsoever about this issue? I did not hear anything from Deborah/Erwin myself, but i know others tried to make contact aswell.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
weasel said:
More chance of Elvis emailing you, sadly!

IMG_20140627_105737.jpg

Thank you very much......!

itfciain

Grand Master
Not really sure what everyone wants the outcome to be. My gut feeling is that this was never about scamming the boards - I don't think the perpetrator could have expected such a fantastic reaction and therefore I guess they were pretty much surprised and shocked with the package they received - if I were having a guess then the whole thing was an attempt at some sort of insurance scam and this was just the icing on the cake for them

We aren't going to get the donations back and frankly I don't want them anyway - there have been so many people in this thread posting along the lines that they always felt it was suspicious and that's why they didn't give anything - I guess that after this then there will be more people thinking that way - which is a shame

For me it is better to let this thread die

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
itfciain said:
Not really sure what everyone wants the outcome to be. My gut feeling is that this was never about scamming the boards - I don't think the perpetrator could have expected such a fantastic reaction and therefore I guess they were pretty much surprised and shocked with the package they received - if I were having a guess then the whole thing was an attempt at some sort of insurance scam and this was just the icing on the cake for them

I agree totally. It's just a shame that he (it was never a woman, it was some guy using his wife's name) has left so many good honest collectors feeling like they have been duped. I do feel sorry for anyone on here who actually does find themselves up the creek without a paddle as people will be totally justified in being that bit more sceptical.

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
Yeah, this probably the end off this story... One way i feel good about it because we found out the truth, On the other hand it bothers me as so many people chipped in, so much effort and Kidness has been done all for nothing and we won't see it Back.

But i am glad she/he is exposed and people On here and RS know who to watch out for, wich Will reduce his dealings in vintage SW.

But what suprised me the most was that for a con artist he is a big coward, i at least expected him to come on here to defend himself with some lies and start accusing other people. (Or even better give an apologie and send the stuff Back and then disappear)

Anyway pretty lame and pretty low what he did.

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
itfciain said:

I'm sure as soon as they got wind of it, they started rubbing their hands in childish glee awaiting the bounty from us gullible fools. I would expect these people are utter low life's who will one day get their come-uppence. I hope its prison.

Probably far too busy to care whilst getting good money selling our donation, probably doing it on the very laptop whilst stirring their tea with my stormie. Tossers.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
It's just really disappointing that there are people that will do this sort of thing.

I'm not afraid to admit that money has been tight over the lat 18 months and life has been a slog, so no nice SW vintage purchases to cheer me up, but I would never stoop as low and I'm certain the mass majority wouldn't either scam insurance wise, or take advantage of the kind hearted genuine members on this forum.

Just hope that this sort of distasteful thing doesn't rear it's head again, I for one will continue to do vintage SW pics for those who want them, as a give back to such a great forum, and won't let the scumbags sully it for the genuine guys :D

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I was thinking more so we could see if they were daft enough to try and sell anything that was supposedly stolen, or even the lap top!

I would assume they will lie low and try and sell stuff on forums for a while, or using a different Ebay account. But then "never underestimate the power of stupidity!"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom