Custom Dioramas

skywalker

Jedi Master
Bramistuta25 said:
No mate.

It's upstairs in my mums now as unfortunately Tim sold up and it was meant for him so there is no rush to get it done.

Cheers

Bram

Oh right what a bummer,, would love to see it when / if you do ever get it finished mate.. :D

DARTH VADER

Jedi Knight
Back in the day, we built an entire Hoth battlefield on a large table in my friend's garage. Mostly used paper, card and plaster of Paris...worked really well. I wish we would have had the thought to take photographs at the time...the thing was huge...and easily held our four Imperial Walkers at one end :D

The work shown here is superb, well done guys. That Sail Barge is a labour of love...and worth every minute...great job. The palace room was nicely done, would be good to see the Rancor pit...or any other works in progress for that matter. I will be doing stuff myself when the time comes...but the land and house must come first...then there is the Star Wars room...then, and only then...the dioramas...

kingshearer

Jedi Master
Your scenes are that good I think you would have to add details to the original toys to make them blend in properly. Well done!

Cymonguk

Padawan
Just thought I would add something to this as so few have! I dont have any for 3.5" figures as I have just started collecting, however I used to produce them for my minis. This was part way through my "Death Star" build. Basically it was the trench run on the front side, with plastic sheeting to give height to the figures. On the inside there was a mini diorama of the main scenes.

4414392049_2fea8bdaa4.jpg

In the background you can see my eldest who was then 4 (now 10). So she has had no choice but to love Star Wars :)

4321320525_26588405f9.jpg

The bottom of the trench run came away so you could store figures in it.

4415177488_d1899e8870.jpg

4335772225_38d2901ffe.jpg

The last is my part complete Christophosis diorama, it was finished with large crystal towers.
4472254199_6640ecfb7a.jpg

I would love to do something similar for the 3.5", but may have to do it in laser cut MDF with 3D modelling

kingshearer

Jedi Master
Ha ha 'forced to love Star Wars' no dolls in this house!!
Love those scenes which you've created and I hope you manage to create some upscaled versions 8)

rdpla

Jedi Knight
I saw this for sale and thought it would be nice to share

http://page14.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s499073159

Rob

vvvishalll

Hi
VeeBee had asked me to write something up about the diorama and backdrops I have been using for my MOTUC reviews for a while ago, but a combination of laziness, lack of time and reticence to toot my own horn has kept me from doing it for almost a year now. I do get some questions about what I do and how I do it and I've gotten over my reticence to self promote, but laziness still delayed this by quite a bit. If you are interested in how the dioramas/backdrops I use are made, click through for a very wordy rundown of my process for building this stuff.

First off, I like playing with my toys. I enjoy setting them up in combat poses on my shelf or desk or what have you. I also love looking at peoples' cool pics of their set-ups. That has translated into an interest is photographing the set ups I have made and sharing them online here at fwoosh in our various action photo threads. That branched into doing mini-reviews for the ezine. After doing a few write ups, I did get a little bored with shooting against blank screens and was never really satisfied with the quality of my vanilla shots, so I decided to try and make some backdrops so the figures would be in a setting that was almost as cool as the figures themselves.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Robstyley said:
I helped my daughter make this cave for a dinosaur school project but I just couldn't resist..! The child in me had to put some figures on it.

5960CBDD-A06F-41E6-A23F-B0B674D9A99D.jpeg

EF9FEB56-8F23-47AD-9C22-FF14CCB544ED.jpeg

36804746-CF46-4828-9FFA-82DC1DB3CB9D.jpeg

9127C4F2-83F2-4362-9827-C93F29B92765.jpeg

A100BF6D-3FCB-44CE-AE7D-73CAA65922ED.jpeg

That looks great Rob and great idea, my boy would love that! :D

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom