Custom Dioramas

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
skywalker said:
@Bram - Did you finish the Rancor pit..?? I need to see some photo's... :D :D

Hi mate.

Had a few health issues and stuff so it came to a stand still fir a bit. Back on it this week coming. Hoping to get it finished asap as I have some other ideas.

Will post once Timbo has it.

Thanks.

Bram

skywalker

Jedi Master
Bramistuta25 said:
skywalker said:
@Bram - Did you finish the Rancor pit..?? I need to see some photo's... :D :D

Hi mate.

Had a few health issues and stuff so it came to a stand still fir a bit. Back on it this week coming. Hoping to get it finished asap as I have some other ideas.

Will post once Timbo has it.

Thanks.

Bram

Great, looking forward to seeing it, enjoy your weekend buddy.

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Is anyone actually working in any dioramas?

Or is it just little old me?

I will be making the final push this week and then painting next week hopefully. Just so I have enough time to do a couple of small ones before Furthest From.

Bram

jyacal73

Padawan
wbobafett said:
Hey,

I try now to build the infamous Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge. My project is to make a "toy like" Khetanna, but also a "real" looking model. That means it will one meter long and will have several toy features (hatches, cockpit, Jabba's throne, canons, landing gear etc etc).

You can read up more about the project here:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/
I will also add all WIP progress pictures to that linked site.

khetanna_014.jpg

I hope you like the progress so far.

WOW I had a look through your link, that is amazing work the photo of Jabba inside the barge looks great......keep up the exceptional work.

Jay.

jyacal73

Padawan
Bramistuta25 said:
Hi guys,

Well I have just spoken to Dennis (maniac79) and after a very long period (due to illness) I have finally sent off the Jabba's Palace Diorama, he has graciously let me post the pics up before he receives it as I would be interested in other commission pieces no matter how big or small!!

So from start to finish here we go!!

This model was made using screen shots and an appropriate scale specific to Vintage Star Wars Action Figures. There's a lot more than these stages below, measurements, detailing, adding stuff, starting again the list goes on, but its a general idea!

Step one:

Rough cut and measurement of polystyrene.

P1050909_zpsa996e1a5.jpg

Step Two:

Secure all four sides together with tape.

P1050915_zpsd512d3f4.jpg

P1050917_zps597da765.jpg

P1050918_zps00e779d7.jpg

Step Three:

Cover the whole of the model with Bandage. (same stuff as when you get your arm put in a cast).

P1050922_zpsc2ce88d7.jpg

P1050923_zpsf2b1b859.jpg

P1050925_zps68005811.jpg

Step Four:

Add roof and cover entire model with textured filler and detail in some features.

P1060197_zpsa65ed6da.jpg

P1060198_zpsc7d4fcee.jpg

P1060199_zpsdf16c972.jpg

P1060201_zps582e981e.jpg

Step Five:

Paint first coat.

P1060302_zps635b333e.jpg

P1060307_zps8511dc56.jpg

P1060309_zps8b20f13b.jpg

Step Six:

Texture base.

P1060308_zpsc538c261.jpg

Step Seven:

Paint base & add features plus detailing paint.

P1060339_zps6fe38144.jpg

Step Eight:

Create all added features, assemble, paint and fix

NO PICS!! Sorry!!

Step Nine:

Add features, such as curtain pole and curtain plus rising damp paint.

P1070884_zps6a2ae6ea.jpg

FINISHED PRODUCT:

P1070881_zps2ab97047.jpg

P1070883_zps094a98aa.jpg

P1070884_zps6a2ae6ea.jpg

P1070889_zps4a6dc113.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed it! I will be sending over the added extras to Dennis once I have time, such as the table and drinks stand, cushions, fruit, cups and vases in the very near future. :wink:

Let me know if anyone out there would like me to create something as a diorama to display your Vintage Figures.

Bram

Great looking set Bram, add a little smoke and you can almost here the Max rebo band playing in the background

jyacal73

Padawan
Bramistuta25 said:
Hi guys,

Feel free to chat and discuss, upload pics, do tutorials, reference, tips and tricks but mainly upload yourr own custom dioramas.

Hopefully this will become big enough to warrant a section where we can have sub sections for specific areas.

Bram

Bram,

I see you are looking for concept art, you may be interested in this...........if I had the cash I would be jumping at this.

http://propstore.auctionserver.net/view-auctions/catalog/id/10/lot/1575/

x-pack

Grand Master
Bramistuta25 said:
Is anyone actually working in any dioramas?

Or is it just little old me?

I will be making the final push this week and then painting next week hopefully. Just so I have enough time to do a couple of small ones before Furthest From.

Bram

I'm doing one :D It's just a small shelf display in the style of a Death Star corridor. Only thing is that I keep looking at it and thinking 'hmm... i can add this ...and that'. It keeps evolving :) Really enjoying the project.

Can you tell me/us what you use to cut the polystyrene? I'm using a new Exacto knife to cut foam board but even that's not easy. Tips would be good.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I am going to have a go at making some dioramas at some point for my display cabinet. Bit too busy at the mo with a gaffi stick prop project but I'll get round to it eventually. Would like to try a model ship too. I have seen these really thin, fine toothed craft saws which are really good for cutting polystyrene and foam and getting a neat/fine cut. You can get them in hobbycraft and other craft shops. I also have a dremel which is brilliant for delicate sanding and shaping and cutting.
Andy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom